IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

54 minutes ago, trickytimes said:

Can someone please explain what is happening regarding television next season. If this has already been discussed under another topic, then please can you let me know the topic title.

Thanks

TV deal has all non Saturday games live.  Boxing Day, evenings etc

Of the 34 weekend games, 1st games and last day games are all live. That leaves 5 of 12 each weekend live for the season.

One thing they've then said is that all games will be rearranged way in advance. So we'll know in June all the kick offs up till New Year.  Half our games will be on TV. Another 4 or 5 will probably be moved from 3pm Saturday to Friday, Saturday early, or Sunday early 

• Thanks 1

Might be a good season to skip.

City despite their lack of achievement has always been a wonderful escape from the day to day & bookmarks the weekend.

However, this season it feels toxic & confused; since Pearson got the boot, even this place has become a bit of a misery lab too, the likes I’ve never witnessed before following city. 

That said, we’ll renew - but attend less games.

I assume this post is from a fan not the marketing/ticketing department; either way the answer is the same. Was a ST for 20 years, and renewed again when Pearson appointed. It hasnt been good to watch since Covid struck and this season has been a hard watch, home and away. Cost of travel and passing inside our own half would stop me renewing and the TV influence of changing K.O times makes it worse.

I will support the club financially who are losing so much money, just as i did in 1982, when we also needed money from true supporters. My mate next to me yesterday said he will always renew until we get foreign owners and that's a fair point too. Those not renewing are not helping this financial mess and the owners/football authorities will still see the attendance figures as being good even if we are losing £millions per month. If we support the club less financially surely it means we will see lower cost-players and the downward spiral then starts?

• Confused 3
  • Facepalm 3

23 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I assume this post is from a fan not the marketing/ticketing department; either way the answer is the same. Was a ST for 20 years, and renewed again when Pearson appointed. It hasnt been good to watch since Covid struck and this season has been a hard watch, home and away. Cost of travel and passing inside our own half would stop me renewing and the TV influence of changing K.O times makes it worse.

I will support the club financially who are losing so much money, just as i did in 1982, when we also needed money from true supporters. My mate next to me yesterday said he will always renew until we get foreign owners and that's a fair point too. Those not renewing are not helping this financial mess and the owners/football authorities will still see the attendance figures as being good even if we are losing £millions per month. If we support the club less financially surely it means we will see lower cost-players and the downward spiral then starts?

Well, if the owner has decided he doesn’t want to put as much in each year, you can hardly blame the fans either!

• Like 2
  • Flames 5

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well, if the owner has decided he doesn’t want to put as much in each year, you can hardly blame the fans either!

Thing is Dave he is the one man that can change the product on display.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

As well as renewals(whom to some extent are a captive audience), what about those considering a first season ticket??....  

Cost of living, parking, TV schedule, performances, club structure.  

These are reasons to consider when renewing against the lure of being a lifelong fan. 

I'm  an old git now so it's not straightforward for me.

I've never felt so negative about the club even during the 80's. In div 4.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

New TV deal meaning less 3pm Saturday games is the big thing for me. 
I've watched all sorts of crap over 50 odd years and what the team is doing rarely impacts on if I go or not.
I don't like night games. I don't like early kickoffs , though they are better. I don't like Sunday games .
I am seriously thinking about if it's worth it. A big thing is not being able to get away tickets, but to be honest paying best part of £600 quid and not being able to plan your weekends is shit IMO. 

Fully get it, especially Sunday lunchtime but if we ever go up (don't laugh), kickoff slots would surely be all over the place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fully get it, especially Sunday lunchtime but if we ever go up (don't laugh), kickoff slots would surely be all over the place.

They would, but only for one year ;)

It would kind of be worth it, or expected at least. For it to be like that while we are bouncing around the Championship is different IMO.

• Like 6

A couple of us pretty much decided yesterday that we won’t be renewing. That will be the first time since about 2002 for me. We’ll get memberships but pick and choose our games, and watch on TV when that’s an option.

It’s not really to do with the quality of the football or the character of the manager - we carried on through the worst of McInnes, O’Driscoll, Holden, and Lee Johnson - but due to the new TV deal. We’ll go to pretty much every Saturday 3pm kick-off and perhaps Saturday lunchtime (pain to get there so early but a few beers afterwards compensates). But there will need to be a good reason to go on a Sunday or to any evening game (particularly Friday evening, which is my least favourite KO time). It will be interesting to see how many games that actually leaves us.

The main downside will be struggling to get tickets for away games. We only go to two or three a season, but one in particular - QPR - is a regular fixture if it’s a weekend game, meeting up with some old mates who are QPR fans. But we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.  If QPR stay up, and the game is at a time when we’d want to go, we’ll either have to get tickets via other ST holders or, as a last resort, get seats with our friends in the home end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Quick question. Who do you think put us in this financial position? The fans? No it's the people running the club and their strategy. Ultimately they are also the people covering the losses but let's be clear they have run up those losses on behalf of the football club. 

Side point - excuse me if I don't feel any guilt about not giving the club another £350+ when there's a billionaire flying in from his tax haven every week to watch the games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If the owner stopped making ridiculous costly mistakes, he might get more financial commitment from the fans. Fast becoming a car crash of a football club. Caused primarily by the senior management/Board/owners at the club IMO. As many have stated, the Bristol Sport bull sh*t “model” just does not work

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

Iv been a season ticket holder now for 20 years now since i was 19 and this is the first time iv ever considered not renewing.

Its not a monetary issue but can certainly understand why this is primary reason for some.

I feel like others its the first time i generally have very little enthusiasm to go City, through a combination of the general matchday experience and entertainment value being very 'Meh' at the moment. 

I still feel quite disgusted by the club and their treatment of Pearson, a manager who I fully supported and enjoyed seeing our hard working, honest, well drilled players playing give everything they had with an entertaining fast paced, counter attacking football. You cant live in the past, but i just feel like the appointment of Manning was poorly taken by an inexperienced and unqualified board who went with the "fashionable" appointment of a young, popular lower league manager playing "good football" - but they hadn't done the homework in realising the players we had wouldn't suit his system, so in essence the squad would need to be ripped apart again putting us back another 1-2 seasons minimum.

Im not able to go away games anymore due to a young family, and its only few games a year the Gate sells out so i dont think its essential getting a season ticket anymore. I guess we'll see how I feel end of the season........

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

Iv been a season ticket holder now for 20 years now since i was 19 and this is the first time iv ever considered not renewing.

Its not a monetary issue but can certainly understand why this is primary reason for some.

I feel like others its the first time i generally have very little enthusiasm to go City, through a combination of the general matchday experience and entertainment value being very 'Meh' at the moment. 

I still feel quite disgusted by the club and their treatment of Pearson, a manager who I fully supported and enjoyed seeing our hard working, honest, well drilled players playing give everything they had with an entertaining fast paced, counter attacking football. You cant live in the past, but i just feel like the appointment of Manning was poorly taken by an inexperienced and unqualified board who went with the "fashionable" appointment of a young, popular lower league manager playing "good football" - but they hadn't done the homework in realising the players we had wouldn't suit his system, so in essence the squad would need to be ripped apart again putting us back another 1-2 seasons minimum.

Im not able to go away games anymore due to a young family, and its only few games a year the Gate sells out so i dont think its essential getting a season ticket anymore. I guess we'll see how I feel end of the season........

Same here, started going in 76 promotion to Div 1 year.
Been through thick and thin since then including when we all thought Newport away was the last game to be played by the football club. But even in those dark days, the fans and club all stuck together.
Look at what there is today? It is truly shameful what the Lansdowns have done over their tenure. The Lansdowns are not having any more of my cash. As soon as they sell up, I will be straight back down AG but now just fed up with them taking all City fans as punters. The “it’s my club” jibe from Lansdown senior is what made me realise how he views the City fans. And anyway where is he nowadays?

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

7 hours ago, The Bard said:

TV deal has all non Saturday games live.  Boxing Day, evenings etc

Of the 34 weekend games, 1st games and last day games are all live. That leaves 5 of 12 each weekend live for the season.

One thing they've then said is that all games will be rearranged way in advance. So we'll know in June all the kick offs up till New Year.  Half our games will be on TV. Another 4 or 5 will probably be moved from 3pm Saturday to Friday, Saturday early, or Sunday early 

Thanks for that information.

6 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I’m a fan and season ticket holder ( I buy two in fact one adult and one junior) that lives overseas. I also have an RTV subscription plus various shirts hats and coats etc. 

I started the thread because i kept seeing so many disenchanted comments particularly after a win. 

The issues seem to range 

Age (I guess that comes to all)

Style of Football (Boring)

The inability to challenge (We were four points off of sixth)

The dismissal of Pearson (Bizarre)

The untried coach at this level (Is not a great communicator and has an inability to show empathy with the fans/players…Mood Hoover)

EFL Live Coverage (no knowledge of how often games will be on and when. Many can’t get to non Saturday games)

Personal antipathy toward the club hierarchy and decision making 

Confusion with the clubs communication underscored with thir dismissals of club execs, coach’s et al and employment of an inexperienced chief coach and Director of Football

An inability to compete anywhere near the top despite assurances around appointments 

Misgivings around future ownership and the chances of success on the field

The feeling of being used as a mere revenue stream

Im sure other

Im not sure that I agree with all of it, however a thread entitled Season Tickets will catch someone’s eye and now they have most of the issues in one place. 

• Like 9
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Jeez said:

Might be a good season to skip.

City despite their lack of achievement has always been a wonderful escape from the day to day & bookmarks the weekend.

However, this season it feels toxic & confused; since Pearson got the boot, even this place has become a bit of a misery lab too, the likes I’ve never witnessed before following city. 

That said, we’ll renew - but attend less games.

That'll show 'em. 🙄

• Haha 1

In fairness there’s threads have appeared this time of the season for the last few years and most end up doing so because of a fear of missing out should we finally get our act together 

Maybe the new tv deal will have an effect and whilst I’d like to think the club might be creative and offer flexible season tickets i doubt they will

I won’t be renewing more due to personal circumstances, work commitments meaning I’ve missed more games than I’ve attended and the 3 hour each way journey just to be bored like i was yesterday 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

In fairness there’s threads have appeared this time of the season for the last few years and most end up doing so because of a fear of missing out should we finally get our act together 

Maybe the new tv deal will have an effect and whilst I’d like to think the club might be creative and offer flexible season tickets i doubt they will

I won’t be renewing more due to personal circumstances, work commitments meaning I’ve missed more games than I’ve attended and the 3 hour each way journey just to be bored like i was yesterday 

New TV deal will be an extra £2-2.5m I thought. Decent but not ground-breaking.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

New TV deal will be an extra £2-2.5m I thought. Decent but not ground-breaking.

image.thumb.png.81c8dedb1722e8a30f20dee39e634e17.png
Bearing in mind STs are £3.4m, they could mitigate some obvious inconveniences due to the tv deal and maje tickets cheaper!

So, do you think they’d have considered the extra £2.5m from the tv deal in ticket pricing?  They hell they won’t have.  And they’ll be hoping the average fan won’t know either!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.81c8dedb1722e8a30f20dee39e634e17.png
Bearing in mind STs are £3.4m, they could mitigate some obvious inconveniences due to the tv deal and maje tickets cheaper!

So, do you think they’d have considered the extra £2.5m from the tv deal in ticket pricing?  They hell they won’t have.  And they’ll be hoping the average fan won’t know either!

We all know it goes straight onto the wage bill.

Maybe I'm wrong on wise of TV deal but read it was EFL bit, not the Solidarity Payments portion.

Naturally some Birmingham fans think it's going up by £8-9m a year in their forecasts of future spending power..not sure they've differentiated between Solidarity Payments  and the EFL portion which isn't really that much..

Or perhaps they're conflating it with the possible new EFL-PL distribution Idk.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I’m a fan and season ticket holder ( I buy two in fact one adult and one junior) that lives overseas. I also have an RTV subscription plus various shirts hats and coats etc. 

I started the thread because i kept seeing so many disenchanted comments particularly after a win. 

The issues seem to range 

Age (I guess that comes to all)

Style of Football (Boring)

The inability to challenge (We were four points off of sixth)

The dismissal of Pearson (Bizarre)

The untried coach at this level (Is not a great communicator and has an inability to show empathy with the fans/players…Mood Hoover)

EFL Live Coverage (no knowledge of how often games will be on and when. Many can’t get to non Saturday games)

Personal antipathy toward the club hierarchy and decision making 

Confusion with the clubs communication underscored with thir dismissals of club execs, coach’s et al and employment of an inexperienced chief coach and Director of Football

An inability to compete anywhere near the top despite assurances around appointments 

Misgivings around future ownership and the chances of success on the field

The feeling of being used as a mere revenue stream

Im sure other

Im not sure that I agree with all of it, however a thread entitled Season Tickets will catch someone’s eye and now they have most of the issues in one place. 

It would have been quicker to just call it “A car crash of a football club”!!!

On 10/03/2024 at 17:26, Silvio Dante said:

Not at all. My club before his, my club after he’s gone. It’ll be like Japanese Water Torture to sit through his “football” but I’ll renew mine and the kids.

Doesnt mean I like the regime. And my micro protest will be to leave it until the last minute. But by god, it’ll be a slog.

Not a million miles from my own perspective. I’ll probably renew, with a heavy heart and absolutely no optimism or enthusiasm whatsoever, but a good deal of anger simmering below the surface that’s been there for a considerable period now and is unlikely to subside anytime soon.

Perverse, almost, you could say, I suppose. Why do it, if that’s how I feel? But a history of over 60 years of supporting the club, as did my father from boyhood, is not that easy to walk away from. And yes, my attachment to the surviving members of my friendship group with whom I’ve been attending games for several decades. Those things are important and outweigh, just, my deep and ever growing dislike of the people running - or should that be ruining - the club.

I know from talking to those mates and others that I am far from being alone in feeling this way. Not that the ownership gives a rat’s arse, as long as money comes in. I’ve never known such a broad consensus among the fan base or so much antipathy towards the club hierarchy. It speaks volumes about them that they appear to be either unaware of the depth of that dislike or else are indifferent to it. It cannot bode well for the future of the club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

Not a million miles from my own perspective. I’ll probably renew, with a heavy heart and absolutely no optimism or enthusiasm whatsoever, but a good deal of anger simmering below the surface that’s been there for a considerable period now and is unlikely to subside anytime soon.

Perverse, almost, you could say, I suppose. Why do it, if that’s how I feel? But a history of over 60 years of supporting the club, as did my father from boyhood, is not that easy to walk away from. And yes, my attachment to the surviving members of my friendship group with whom I’ve been attending games for several decades. Those things are important and outweigh, just, my deep and ever growing dislike of the people running - or should that be ruining - the club.

I know from talking to those mates and others that I am far from being alone in feeling this way. Not that the ownership gives a rat’s arse, as long as money comes in. I’ve never known such a broad consensus among the fan base or so much antipathy towards the club hierarchy. It speaks volumes about them that they appear to be either unaware of the depth of that dislike or else are indifferent to it. It cannot bode well for the future of the club.

I think the reality is that MOST will renew in the end but I do think that sales will be slightly down next season. The Tinnion interview this evening has probably ensured that. Even if it's only 1K that's a chunk of money going down the drain and certainly doesn't improve our chances of competing next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

I understand your sentiment, but this is where the solution lies.

Edited by Superjack