IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

Bristol City Director Gavin Marshall said: “We appreciate the fantastic support City fans give the team week-in, week-out and average home attendances are now at the highest level for over 40 years, a record high for the modern era. We recognise that prices are going up to reflect some of our increased costs, and we really value the financial commitment from our supporters

Highest for over 40 years. So we will hit you in the pocket. Cheers Gav

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Key dates here:

I’d urge everyone, even if they are renewing, to not do so until the last possible minute before the deadline. We’re kind of prisoners to this shitshow but it’s better the money is in your account until 23rd April than theirs and it’s the only small protest we have!

IMG_2734.jpeg

They won't be able to cope with a last minute dash in such numbers.

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Bristol City Director Gavin Marshall said: “We appreciate the fantastic support City fans give the team week-in, week-out and average home attendances are now at the highest level for over 40 years, a record high for the modern era. We recognise that prices are going up to reflect some of our increased costs, and we really value the financial commitment from our supporters

We've almost supported them too well

• Haha 2

They haven't read the mood. Expect sales to be really poor. At least 3000 won't renew.  Can't see many new 'customers ' jumping at the chance to get a ST either. 

I can see the home game on a Wednesday in November vs Blackburn looking particularly sparse. These games are a. Up against Champions League and b. All on TV anyway. Sod all potd there...

When people realise that there will also be more Saturday lunchtime/ Sunday lunchtime/ Friday night games as well it can only lead to people nor renewing.

Club have taken a hammer to an acorn to resolve issues in South Stand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Tickets sold true, but ATTENDANCES, not so true 

28 minutes ago, JerrySLO said:

It is full you are correct.

If it's full how are the club and I quote the main site: 

"We have made a number of changes to try and increase matchday attendance, particularly in the South Stand by capping the number of Season Tickets to enable more match tickets to be made available here.”

It seems they are doing this by massively increasing prices for under 12s in the SS to encourage people to move to the extended the Family Area in the Upper Lansdown Stand??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Read the room City, read the room! What on earth is Tinnion doing on there! When do football ops people end up on a promo! This is awful, Manning too at the centre of it all, go with a player instead like Pringy who deserves it. Seriously bad PR! 

It’s almost as if it’s a rather unsubtle ‘stuff you’ statement from the Club. 

Well fine. Let’s now see what these two maestros deliver between now and the end of the Season in order for them to have the headline billing on the Club’s most important promotional poster of the year.

No pressure chaps. I will be more than delighted if you deliver, starting Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I was nailed on to renew, despite the current on the pitch situation, but a £40 (over 10%) increase has made me seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 25 years. Not to mention my son's ticket going up by over 90%.

What an absolute joke from the club.

One very angry fan here 🤬

Has your son’s ticket gone up that much because he’s now in a higher age category? 

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Thanks - I’d suggest the bold thing to do, as I appreciate things may not have been finalised, is to allow a “cooling off” period for fans - I.e fans can renew now but once the TV stuff is more firmed up, they get a limited window to hand back and have a refund.

In practical terms very little fans would take that up, but it would be a very good thing to do PR wise.

Exactly this. If I can't make a game due to TV Scheduling then I can't make it. I accept others have a different view but as you say it will be a relatively small number overall. I am going to see how it pans out......if the scheduling is ridiculous then I won't bother for 25-26, simple as that.

Looking on this thread we'll be lucky to shift a dozen season tickets as it is.

• Like 2

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

Only if you **** off to the upper lansdown

I mean, it is the family section and gives a very good view of the pitch.

When you compare to other clubs in the league it's not bad at all (£200 at Middlesbrough, for example). Realistically, this keeps cheap season tickets for u12s while also hopefully making the South Stand a bit more than 60% full next season

Just now, Hartleysbeard said:

Has your son’s ticket gone up that much because he’s now in a higher age category? 

No. It's because the club have decided that all under 12s should **** off up to the Lansdown Stand, whether or not the people they sit with have been happily sitting in the South Stand since it opened.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

It’s almost as if it’s a rather unsubtle ‘stuff you’ statement from the Club. 

Well fine. Let’s now see what these two maestros deliver between now and the end of the Season in order for them to have the headline billing on the Club’s most important promotional poster of the year.

No pressure chaps. I will be more than delighted if you deliver, starting Saturday. 

I think it would be a bit strange if the manager wasn't on the poster to be fair. Not sure why Sidney has been crayoned on there though.............

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Same at all clubs however Sunday in particular was a warning. A warning that seems not to have been heeded?

I don’t think anything can be read into the attendance at a Mother’s Day midday kick off! Plenty of reasons for people not to attend that one! 

• Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Easiest decision I’ve had to make in a long time - irrespective of the bull/lies being fed this season by our owner/board, a 20% increase on my 2 season tickets in the south stand for me and my daughter.

I hope those that wanted season ticket holders to be moved out of the south stand will now take up our empty seats.

As a former employee (before BS), season ticket holder for 25+ years and fan for many more years this is a very sad, but at the same time a ‘feeling of relief’ day, to detach me from this commitment and enable me to pick and choose what I do next

They think that they're moving you to the Lansdown but actually they're pushing you away..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, !james said:

If it's full how are the club and I quote the main site: 

"We have made a number of changes to try and increase matchday attendance, particularly in the South Stand by capping the number of Season Tickets to enable more match tickets to be made available here.”

It seems they are doing this by massively increasing prices for under 12s in the SS to encourage people to move to the extended the Family Area in the Upper Lansdown Stand??

Any seats that aren't renewed won't be made available to buy as Season Tickets and will be made available on a game by game basis.

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Things are so shite at this club now all they've got is "we always believe" 

Sunday should have been a warning to them about how people are ready to walk away and what have they done? Increased the prices quite significantly 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You actually couldn't make this up. 

Surprised there wasn’t a sub-line under “We always believe” of “Why don’t you? I’ve been here thirty years.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Hartleysbeard said:

I don’t think anything can be read into the attendance at a Mother’s Day midday kick off! Plenty of reasons for people not to attend that one! 

Time will tell.

I get the impression people are quite pissed off, would be interesting to see how other Mother's Day game attendances were hit.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

It's an incredibly strange choice of image.

7 people in the photo, only one of which is a current first team player. Is it normal to have a big picture of the club's technical director on such a post?

Surely the club know that Tinnion and Manning are relatively unpopular figures within the fanbase right now, so why make them so prominent in the advert? We seem to have used this as an opportunity to double-down on a couple of unpopular appointments.

Very odd.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

For comparison:

IMG_2732.jpeg

IMG_2733.jpeg

As part of my role with the SC&T I saw these figures on Monday, I put the below together for the club

For transparency I did not break it down anywhere with individual increases per game *figure underneath the price graphic

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3