IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Agree, it’s like putting Mark Ashton on it when he was here. Strange 

As someone else said I’m pretty sure this is a shot across the bow to us mere peasants for having the audacity to question the hierarchy.

message received loud and clear will be non league games for me for a while 

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

The fact is that, as much as people moan, the club know that most will suck it up and renew, including some who are currently very vocal about not doing so. Same as it is every year. Though I do wonder how many new ones they'll sell.

Tinnion being on the promo is just weird though, it would be even if he was currently unversally popular. And it'd be even weirder if Manning wasn't.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I don't know? All I do know is that whenever I look at the South Stand all I see is loads of empty seats and people advised there are no tickets for sale in that area. I'm sure there's a solution in there somewhere.

Yes, somehow stop them sitting, standing in the Dolman or Lansdown.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

The fact is that, as much as people moan, the club know that most will suck it up and renew, including some who are currently very vocal about not doing so. Same as it is every year. Though I do wonder how many new ones they'll sell.

Tinnion being on the promo is just weird though, it would be even if he was currently unversally popular. And it'd be even weirder if Manning wasn't.

My gut feel is we'll be hundreds down on sales not thousands, but down nevertheless.

• Like 1

Just now, Northern Red said:

You are right, we do hear it every year. Though I do feel as though we’ve gone past a tipping point recently in some regards. 

TV deal makes it a non- starter for me. Which is fine, and I don’t blame clubs for signing it off as it’s worth a lot of money to them. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Yes of course we can renew there. But by paying more than 10% extra for me, or more than 90% extra for him. Which is scandalous. 

And yes we could move to Upper Lansdown, and be absolutely miles from the pitch, away from the people I've been sat with since the South Stand opened, and still be paying more for the privilege than I did this season in the South Stand.

Ok, I see it what you’re saying now. It’s unfortunate for you but I’d argue the £55 for a child ST which includes a free shirt, was far too good a deal. It’s attracted people to buy them without genuine intent for that seat to be filled every match. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

52 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Read the room City, read the room! What on earth is Tinnion doing on there! When do football ops people end up on a promo! This is awful, Manning too at the centre of it all, go with a player instead like Pringy who deserves it. Seriously bad PR! 

Probably because Pring is next on the conveyor belt to be sold to add to our Steve’s nest egg…..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

You are right, we do hear it every year. Though I do feel as though we’ve gone past a tipping point recently in some regards. 

TV deal makes it a non- starter for me. Which is fine, and I don’t blame clubs for signing it off as it’s worth a lot of money to them. 

£2-2.5m per club/season I thought. Not certain, seen differing figures online.

Just now, Hartleysbeard said:

Ok, I see it what you’re saying now. It’s unfortunate for you but I’d argue the £55 for a child ST which includes a free shirt, was far too good a deal. It’s attracted people to buy them without genuine intent for that seat to be filled every match. 

Bit of an administrative nightmare but maybe bring in a loyalty system where the child's ticket attendance this season being over say 70% (please people don't get too hung up on this number, I made it up) gets you the lower price for the following season whereas the selfish git whose niece attended once pays quadruple for a child ticket? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Tbf I’ve been quite vocal that I’ll renew come what may, while still criticising the club. The move in kickoffs is likely to really impact me though as I run a grassroots team and as such next season will probably be a trial run. The balance will be between losing seats which I really do like and have had for years versus reduced games attended (and I always factor in not being at 2-3 games a year) and what that does to net price.

If the football is as it is, I can see 25/26 being very messy for that reason for a lot of people. It really is make or break for them.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 6

On 10/03/2024 at 17:26, Silvio Dante said:

Not at all. My club before his, my club after he’s gone. It’ll be like Japanese Water Torture to sit through his “football” but I’ll renew mine and the kids.

Doesnt mean I like the regime. And my micro protest will be to leave it until the last minute. But by god, it’ll be a slog.

I suppose at least if you go to the games you don't have to listen to him. 

I hope the improved match day experience is 'improved'. How I don't know?

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Won't be renewing that's 100% not until things change. They need to know how we feel and that's by not renewing.

• Like 3

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Bit of an administrative nightmare but maybe bring in a loyalty system where the child's ticket attendance this season being over say 70% (please people don't get too hung up on this number, I made it up) gets you the lower price for the following season whereas the selfish git whose niece attended once pays quadruple for a child ticket? 

Sounds like a good idea. 

They don't do those.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yeah, the TV deal is an added potential tipping point and I'm not sure how widespread the awareness is about it, which the club haven't yet done anything to aid either (though I suspect they're not alone amongst the rest of the EFL clubs in that). As Silvio says above, next season may well prove to be a trial run for many, as people buy and then find games being shifted all over.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I do think there will be a reduction of sales next season although if you read this thread we'll be lucky to sell one..........will be interesting to see where we end up. I reckon sub-13K is very likely, just a case of how much less. All down to a handful of people, and I exclude Liam Manning from that list tbh.

A lot less imo - I think you're hugely underestimating the mutiny we're about to see.

It's been rubbish entertainment down there for many years (average 8 home wins per season in the last 9 seasons?) and I think with the diabolical treatment of NP and a less than inspiring replacement this is the year fans finally follow through on their threats not to renew by actually doing it.

So many fans are pissed off with Bristol City FC and the continuing dreadful decisions that drain all hope and I wouldn't be at all surprised at a mass desertion by several thousand.

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

21 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I was told it was at around 60% a month back, figured Sunday would have dropped that number.

Regardless, it's not great at all to look at, the club had to do something to address it

South stand includes the corner which is almost always over capacity.  So you need to factor that in.

There are a lot of under 19s under 22s etc in the stand as well. Some have had STs since being 5. This will drive a lot of  them away.  There will be a lot of unintended outcomes to this..

36 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Tinnion now our version of John Terry a la the Champions League final - if we ever get promoted he will be on the pitch in full kit.

PS they aren't getting a penny out of me for the foreseeable future - it won't dent their coffers by that much but it will make me feel better that I'm not partially funding their idiocy

Exactly that don't fund it if people keep paying it they won't get the message make them think and tinman and manning on the picture doesn't that thrill you for next season 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A lot less imo - I think you're hugely underestimating the mutiny we're about to see.

It's been rubbish entertainment down there for many years (average 8 home wins per season in the last 9 seasons?) and I think with the diabolical treatment of NP and a less than inspiring replacement this is the year fans finally follow through on their threats not to renew by actually doing it.

So many fans are pissed off with Bristol City FC and the continuing dreadful decisions that drain all hope and I wouldn't be at all surprised at a mass desertion by several thousand.

I'm pissed off with Bristol City's hierarchy, that's for sure but I hear the same talk every year and this forum magnifies the discontent tbh. Not saying it's impossible (the person I meet down there is packing in) but unlikely to be thousands imo. Many people go to football for more than the football (which is just as well given the total shite we endure week in, week out).

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

One of the most measured, sensible posters on here. 

I very much doubt that Nogbad is quite filled with the anger that I am, but if he is, I don't think that it would affect his posts and measured view.

And this what even he is saying. 

These clowns have to go.

• Like 7

How much do we expect fixtures to be moved from Sat 3pm? I’ll be one of those trying to juggle attending with other commitments like coaching a grass roots team. If there are more frequent Sunday fixtures, I fear I’m going to lose the value of being an ST holder. That said, I’m usually able to shift my tickets to friends when unable to attend. Much easier to do that when we’re playing well of course!

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

One of the most measured, sensible posters on here. 

I very much doubt that Nogbad is quite filled with the anger that I am, but if he is, I don't think that it would affect his posts and measured view.

And this what even he is saying. 

These clowns have to go.

He's bang on 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What I dont understand though, is if an adult buys a childs ST just to get a shirt and a seat next to him for the remaining 20 quid or so, why would he not take a mate or family member with him? The stewards take no notice of adults going in on blue lights. I will always maintain the majority of the empty seats are SS ticket holders sitting elsewhere.

Quite a hike for me in the south stand with two kids tickets. 

Think it’s very odd to attempt to get more pay on the day in the South Stand in this way. As people have suggested on here before, if you want more pay on the day/less gaps from ST holders who can’t attend - give us a way of releasing our tickets for sale and chucking us a few loyalty points in exchange. Gets you both rather than people questioning whether they want to renew. 

The club quote the following:

Adults start from £390 (£17 per game) in a newly expanded Family Area next season, while the popular South Stand is £425 for renewing adults (£18 per game).

Well, the South Stand prices are not "£18 per game", it is actually £18.48 per game.

If it was "£18" per game the total price would be 23 x £18 = £414 (not £425!).

I know and appreciate the numbers have been rounded, but why not quote the real actual cost per game.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

How much do we expect fixtures to be moved from Sat 3pm? I’ll be one of those trying to juggle attending with other commitments like coaching a grass roots team. If there are more frequent Sunday fixtures, I fear I’m going to lose the value of being an ST holder. That said, I’m usually able to shift my tickets to friends when unable to attend. Much easier to do that when we’re playing well of course!

5 out of 12 games are being shifted each weekend. So I'd assume that a fair few of our games that would've otherwise been 3pm will be moved. 

Edited by Komazawa
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very pissed off. It's sad I feel such apathy towards a club I love. It feels a shadow of it's former self.

• Like 4