IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

“I’ve earned the right to be where I am after 30 years at the club”

That proves what a joke it is 

Asda could have someone stocking the shelves brilliantly for 30 years - doesn’t mean they should be put in charge of the whole store 

Clowns

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Just on this, I’ll say Yeboah missed the 2 Bath games before the youth cup game to allow him to be with the 18’s squad. Bath have obviously taken him on the knowledge of the youth cup factor and Jerry Gill was probably privately hoping we got knocked out as he’ll probably miss more in the run up to Man City game. 

Yep no doubt - my point was more that it was framed as an absolute by BT and if Ephraim can play for Bath on a Tuesday before linking back up to the 18s other squad members could sit on the first team bench even if only for experience (still more likely to get on than Twine!)

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

That proves what a joke it is 

Asda could have someone stocking the shelves brilliantly for 30 years - doesn’t mean they should be put in charge of the whole store 

Clowns

Or maybe a role at Cozy Club (restaurant, not BCFC).

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Just finished listening to it on catch-up. I deliberately haven't read any of the comments on here before doing so and tried to approach it with as open a mind as I could.

The presenter did a better job than I was expecting. Not in Twentyman's league and there were some obvious follow-up questions that weren't asked, but it certainly wasn't the soft touch interview that I think we all feared and he didn't give him an easy ride.

Tinnion did not come across well, to put it mildly. I don't doubt that he cares deeply about the club and is trying to do his best, but he was defensive, occasionally bordering on snappy and bore all the hallmarks of somebody who deep down knows that he's been promoted beyond his capabilities despite the protestations to the contrary, and I think he is feeling the pressure.

That doesn't mean I disagree with everything he said and there were some useful bits in there, but the general tone was one of contradictions and goalpost shifting.

It sounds like Manning is going nowhere soon, but would anybody be that shocked if they had another change of heart? Of course that call may come from above Brian, depending on how much interest SL is showing.

Good balanced summary NR

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Just finished listening to it on catch-up. I deliberately haven't read any of the comments on here before doing so and tried to approach it with as open a mind as I could.

The presenter did a better job than I was expecting. Not in Twentyman's league and there were some obvious follow-up questions that weren't asked, but it certainly wasn't the soft touch interview that I think we all feared and he didn't give him an easy ride.

Tinnion did not come across well, to put it mildly. I don't doubt that he cares deeply about the club and is trying to do his best, but he was defensive, occasionally bordering on snappy and bore all the hallmarks of somebody who deep down knows that he's been promoted beyond his capabilities despite the protestations to the contrary, and I think he is feeling the pressure.

That doesn't mean I disagree with everything he said and there were some useful bits in there, but the general tone was one of contradictions and goalpost shifting.

It sounds like Manning is going nowhere soon, but would anybody be that shocked if they had another change of heart? Of course that call may come from above Brian, depending on how much interest SL is showing.

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head in bold. When I was in a senior position at work, I’d have never have said to anyone, I deserve to be where I am. 

He’s either heard people saying they don’t think he does deserve to be there, or he’s struggling and therefore has to keep telling himself and others, that it’s not because he’s not up to it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did he actually say he thinks he's earned the right to be in the position he is in? Please tell me he didnt? 

His exact words: 

A lot of fans are asking, quite possibly to your face, how much involvement you had in the appointment of LM and… is there as much pressure on you as him to succeed?” 

“I’ve been in this football club for 30 years, i’m a supporter of the club, i want the club to be successful and i’m working very very hard at it. I’ve earned the right to be where I am, I worked 12 years in the academy making it as successful as it’s ever been and i’m working as hard in the first team department to do the same. I work really close with the recruitment department who have been fantastic… I work to supplement and help the HC… I work the exact same with Liam as I did with Nigel” 

A response charged by emotion and probably shows his inexperience in a role as public as this but not as bad as some describe imo. 

The comments on TC signing a new deal followed by mentioning having 3 strikers for a coach who plays 1 next season was worse imo. As was the comments about Bajic and some of the U21s. 

• Like 2

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Yep no doubt - my point was more that it was framed as an absolute by BT and if Ephraim can play for Bath on a Tuesday before linking back up to the 18s other squad members could sit on the first team bench even if only for experience (still more likely to get on than Twine!)

Yeboah's last game for Bath before the youth cup was over a week before so plenty of training time, he's probably training with the 18's on days Bath aren't training too. So its a bit different to an 18 on the bench for 1st team. Equally Its hard to chuck them on the bench for the first team if they've been training with the 18's, they need to be in training/analysis meetings with the first team to understand the tactics required should they need to go on even if the intent would be not to use them. It sounds like Manning is understanding of the situation even if he doesn't like it, or he may not have put young players on the bench regardless, who knows, but perhaps we need to judge Manning on young players making the bench once the youth cup run is over. 

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Do you mean like playing a 45rpm vinyl record on 33rpm so it sounds like the Chipmunks? 🤣🤣🤣

Nope like playing an LP on 45rpm. Must have been a while since you have been near a turntable!

As for BT, busy working so couldn’t listen in and don’t think I will bother trying to catch up on BBC Sounds! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ZiderMeUp said:

How many sides in the prem, champ play with two strikers from the off currently?  Can’t be many if any?  Even league one and two days of sides playing with two strikers are diminishing.

And there’s the problem! All the teams are similarly coached, so negate each other. The games got boring with every team trying to play out from the back/ false 9s , etc. What would happen if we played 442, with big bloke/ little bloke up front, and got the ball forward quicker? I’m pretty sure it would be more entertaining and more goalmouth action!

At the end of the day, the whole point of the game has been the same for 160 years. To score more goals than the other team! Does it really matter how you do it?

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, George Rs said:

His exact words: 

A lot of fans are asking, quite possibly to your face, how much involvement you had in the appointment of LM and… is there as much pressure on you as him to succeed?” 

“I’ve been in this football club for 30 years, i’m a supporter of the club, i want the club to be successful and i’m working very very hard at it. I’ve earned the right to be where I am, I worked 12 years in the academy making it as successful as it’s ever been and i’m working as hard in the first team department to do the same. I work really close with the recruitment department who have been fantastic… I work to supplement and help the HC… I work the exact same with Liam as I did with Nigel” 

A response charged by emotion and probably shows his inexperience in a role as public as this but not as bad as some describe imo. 

The comments on TC signing a new deal followed by mentioning having 3 strikers for a coach who plays 1 next season was worse imo. As was the comments about Bajic and some of the U21s. 

It’s a terrible answer because it answers neither of the questions 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Nope like playing an LP on 45rpm. Must have been a while since you have been near a turntable!

As for BT, busy working so couldn’t listen in and don’t think I will bother trying to catch up on BBC Sounds! 

It is indeed. 

Just remember the numbers, but I obviously don't recall what they mean. 

Bit like Tinnion staring at his workload, I imagine.

Edited by Superjack
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Hello Dave said:

And there’s the problem! All the teams are similarly coached, so negate each other. The games got boring with every team trying to play out from the back/ false 9s , etc. What would happen if we played 442, with big bloke/ little bloke up front, and got the ball forward quicker? I’m pretty sure it would be more entertaining and more goalmouth action!

At the end of the day, the whole point of the game has been the same for 160 years. To score more goals than the other team! Does it really matter how you do it?

That’ll come back. Everything in life seems to be circular- just like how wing backs are suddenly the thing again. 

• Facepalm 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

On Tinnion - he’s a club legend and his work with the academy has been outstanding. The technical director role… a rocky start. But I DO believe he loves the club, wants what’s best for it, and can (hopefully) turn it around. 

Out of interest @BCFCGavwhat has Tinnion done in your opinion for you to class him as a "club legend"? 

I also wonder how many people have been fired from a position for being so appalling bad at it, then somehow worm his way almost back into the same position. 

Why would he love the club? 

He's an employee NOT someone who pays their hard earned money to follow the club week in week out 

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Thank you Brian, I appreciate your efforts and achievements.

Could you please list what he's ACTUALLY achieved please @Bat Fastard

47 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So what did you want him to say?

@sh1t_ref_again to tell the fanbase his aim is to be on the periphery of the play off places next season doesn't reflect the club making changes to improve our league position 

35 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

But thats the problem, the reality is no matter what he said those on here who are against BT / LM / JL /SL, will find fault and say why did he say that

I thought it was a fair interview with difficult questions at a difficult time for the club. He did not have to go on, but whatever he said is going to be twisted and taken apart on here.

Of course he didn’t have to go on but he was going to talk about the U18s FA Cup success, how is he suddenly taking the credit for that!?!? 

They weren't difficult questions, they were questions that needed asking and he clearly showed he's miles out of his depth. 

How someone like that is in such a position of responsibility is alarming 

24 minutes ago, Lennieb said:

Manning learning on the job comment was quite interesting 

The most worrying thing is we aren’t a club in a position to give someone a couple of seasons to get up to speed. 

The only person within the club he has to listen to is Tinnion and with his appalling Managerial record he's got nowhere to turn 

Dare I say it, but the perfect fit would have been to have NP in a Director of football roll with Manning learning from him 

That's the level of experience Manning desperately needs for support 

24 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You do realise, BT could be the greatest orator going and what ever he said would be turned and used against him on here, 

But he's not and he proved yet again he's not fit for purpose 

Surely you were shaking your head listening to that interview? It's very unusual to see social media is practically in agreement on many platforms this evening that that was an absolutely disastrous interview and has done more damage than good 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, WeAreThePigs said:

Not nearly bad as people are making out on here, but he isn’t really saying much either - Dickie 600k Cornick 500k - other than that learnt little - not the disaster some are making out but not inspiring either.

I think it’s the “learnt little” that’s the problem. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Yeboah's last game for Bath before the youth cup was over a week before so plenty of training time, he's probably training with the 18's on days Bath aren't training too. So its a bit different to an 18 on the bench for 1st team. Equally Its hard to chuck them on the bench for the first team if they've been training with the 18's, they need to be in training/analysis meetings with the first team to understand the tactics required should they need to go on even if the intent would be not to use them. It sounds like Manning is understanding of the situation even if he doesn't like it, or he may not have put young players on the bench regardless, who knows, but perhaps we need to judge Manning on young players making the bench once the youth cup run is over. 

Can but see as you say. I think Tinnion said the youth cup SF was first week in April so there may be capacity to give a taste at WBA (in a way shame the international break falls when it does as I’d agree you’d want them back with the U18s by the time Leicester rolls around). How much of a boost would it be, for example, for Phillips to be rewarded for the performance last Thursday by spending the week with the first team and then being on the bench at WBA 

3 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

I've said something similar recently. Teams won't know what to do as defenders have lost the art of defending a bit. Only problem is wingers can't really cross now 🤣

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

The most worrying thing is we aren’t a club in a position to give someone a couple of seasons to get up to speed. 

Absolutely - and that includes Tinnion. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

I've said something similar recently. Teams won't know what to do as defenders have lost the art of defending a bit. Only problem is wingers can't really cross now 🤣

The same coaches that get defenders to play out from the back, are the same coaches that get the forwards to press to stop the passing out!! So try something different, that’s what a good coach would do!

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, ZiderMeUp said:

How many sides in the prem, champ play with two strikers from the off currently?  Can’t be many if any?  Even league one and two days of sides playing with two strikers are diminishing.

Yeah but if you are a striker will you be happy to join the club when you are unlikely to start very often. 

What confuses me is that managers will throw on three attackers in the last twenty minutes if they are losing. I find it frustrating that modern coaches seem to think it makes sense to play negative for most of the game, then go for it when that results in losing.

Just wish the emphasis was more on attacking, scoring goals and creating an entertaining game of football. Rather than a chess game finishing with ten minutes of caution to the wind when you've been out-thought.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Best one for this is I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen from Born in the USA. If you play the LP at 45rpm it sounds uncannily like Dolly Parton!

• Haha 1