IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

13 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

And there’s the problem! All the teams are similarly coached, so negate each other. The games got boring with every team trying to play out from the back/ false 9s , etc. What would happen if we played 442, with big bloke/ little bloke up front, and got the ball forward quicker? I’m pretty sure it would be more entertaining and more goalmouth action!

At the end of the day, the whole point of the game has been the same for 160 years. To score more goals than the other team! Does it really matter how you do it?

I agree. But nowadays games can only be won in the middle of the park - apparently - so both sets of teams have to set up to congest (not contest) the middle of the park. 

Same with corners. Nowadays it’s absolute madness to even think of leaving 2 players on the halfway line when defending a corner. It’s almost like the attacking team won’t react by committing fewer players forward if you just dared to break the mould. 

I’d be a Mike basset manager in this day and age. We will play four four f king two, and see how these teams react cus they won’t be used to it. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Managed about 8 minutes and had to turn it off. What a load of shite.

We were never 3 points off the playoffs during that period, Boro are a ******* midtable team so we are they rubbing themselves silly over us beating them 2-1???

We do not have a young squad. By any stretch of the imagination. Rob Dickie wasn’t the oldest player on the pitch on Sunday. Cornick was (almost 29). These 2 will be our senior pros next year, not exactly a ‘woe is me’ statement is it. 

What a ******* moron. Let him back to running the academy or bridging the gap between 21s and first team, and appoint 2/3 people into senior first team ops roles. He is clearly out of depth and massively scrambling/making shit up to get himself out the shit, about a year into a job and absolutely rattled after shit hitting the fan for the first time. Not a good look. 

You'll get splinters in your arse mate if you keep sitting on that fence 🤣 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I agree. But nowadays games can only be won in the middle of the park - apparently - so both sets of teams have to set up to congest (not contest) the middle of the park. 

Same with corners. Nowadays it’s absolute madness to even think of leaving 2 players on the halfway line when defending a corner. It’s almost like the attacking team won’t react by committing fewer players forward if you just dared to break the mould. 

I’d be a Mike basset manager in this day and age. We will play four four f king two, and see how these teams react cus they won’t be used to it. 

It would be interesting..I could see a counterattacking pacy yet solid 4-4-2 perhaps having some success.

Traditional attacking one may well get passed around, overloaded in key areas as the game wears on.

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Yeah but if you are a striker will you be happy to join the club when you are unlikely to start very often. 

What confuses me is that managers will throw on three attackers in the last twenty minutes if they are losing. I find it frustrating that modern coaches seem to think it makes sense to play negative for most of the game, then go for it when that results in losing.

Just wish the emphasis was more on attacking, scoring goals and creating an entertaining game of football. Rather than a chess game finishing with ten minutes of caution to the wind when you've been out-thought.

Not all managers don’t play 3 attackers. I think you will find one “Mr J Klopp from Liverpool” plays 3 up front all the time, and it seems to be working out alright for him!

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Dare I say it, but the perfect fit would have been to have NP in a Director of football roll with Manning learning from him 

That's the level of experience Manning desperately needs for support 

Totally agree

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 38MC said:

You do realise when a spokesman steps up their words are to be interpreted and analysed? You also must appreciate that aptitude and ability can be interpreted from non-verbal communication and the way you deal with questions and how you demonstrate micro-aggressions or how you deliver your responses. Whether you show confidence and leadership or show agitation and irritation. 

No one, no one, would have a man at the top setting the culture for a football club who justifies their position on length of service. 

and absolute bollox did he not need to go on! Did you see the attendance on Sunday? Yes he needed to go on. End of on that. He absolutely needed to go on. He needed to go on a few weeks prior. 

We didnt even know he was going on until 2 hours before, no one was clamouring for it, no one else has said he needed to go on, and if he didnt go on no one would have said anything either way! 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

It would be interesting..I could see a counterattacking pacy yet solid 4-4-2 perhaps having some success.

Traditional attacking one may well get passed around, overloaded in key areas as the game wears on.

I think we have had so much of these defensive crab-like tactics that teams and players just wouldn’t know what had hit them or be able to counter if a team set up 4-4-2, fast wingers, big lad little lad (eg Quinn and Phillips) and didn’t park the bus any longer. Break the mould. 

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Not all managers don’t play 3 attackers. I think you will find one “Mr J Klopp from Liverpool” plays 3 up front all the time, and it seems to be working out alright for him!

Jurgen Klopp: I think he likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra - but it’s like a silent song, yeah? And I like heavy metal more! I always want it loud!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, 38MC said:

I think we have had so much of these defensive crab-like tactics that teams and players just wouldn’t know what had hit them or be able to counter if a team set up 4-4-2, fast wingers, big lad little lad (eg Quinn and Phillips) and didn’t park the bus any longer. Break the mould. 

Is hard to find examples but I do recall Uruguay in World Cup played Cavani and Suarez up front. Technically fine but more defensive and or counter..albeit 4 central midfielders.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Also what a nice big round number to land on. Not totally plucked out of thin air in the moment at all. 

Seems like all the interview has done has create a clear ‘us and them’ mentality between board and fans. 

He quoted we were three points of play offs after Southampton game and I think he said we were nine points off play offs now. So think the ten points in his head got us in the play offs. Needs to look at the league table now and again

• Like 6

Just now, Simon bristol said:

We didnt even know he was going on until 2 hours before, no one was clamouring for it, no one else has said he needed to go on, and if he didnt go on no one would have said anything either way! 

No one was clamouring to hear from Tinnion publicly? 

Are you an ostrich? 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, StGeorge said:

Totally agree

I also said this a few months ago - would mean Pearson can take a step back given his health issues but still provide his experience and gravitas.

I also think he’d be able to fulfil such a role without stepping on Manning’s toes. Lots of others would be too egotistical.

Such a shame an arrangement that would likely be much better than the current setup would never be a possibility under such a weak board.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Yeah me too! Three cheers for Ramirez😄

Thats another thing that really gets me, not leaving anyone up for corners, just invites pressure. If you put two up, the other team would bring at least 3 back, meaning the penalty area would be less congested and maybe easier to defend!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Totally agree

I agree, but pearson calling out the lansdowns in public over his contract made his own position untenable, and he clearly would have known that. and im not sure he would consider a move upstairs at that point to be something he would want to bother with, especially if fleming and euell were to be moved on as well.

5 minutes ago, 38MC said:

No one was clamouring to hear from Tinnion publicly? 

Are you an ostrich? 

Tell me where on here people were demanding he went on the radio tonight? Moron

• Haha 1

After a few hours to review my considered thoughts are

Brian was told/agreed to go on SOTC. 

Brian bless him has a lot of attributes, but dealing with marginally tough questions isn’t one of them, particularly as he is implicated in what ever is going on, on a match day  

Brian was a part of the process to fire Mr Pearson and recommended Mr Manning  

Brian is the fall guy if everything goes bad. 

SL noticed the big gaps in the stadium and couldn’t fail but notice the utter shit in front of him and the boos. 

Some serious conversations are being had with our coaching staff

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Going away from bashing Tinnion for a minute, did they say at the start of the show that we have made history by reaching the semis of the youth cup?

I thought we reached that stage in the early 70s and someone on here posted a team sheet from the time.?

I thought that, but he was referring to the academy. I guess they make a distinction regarding what ever we had then and it also gave Brian a bit of Kudos before he got reamed. 

• Like 1