IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's fair Dave, yeah players and cohesion are very important.

Not totally against 4-4-2 myself but it depends on setup..Cavani and Suarez as a pair in WC 2018 was one.

Stop it…stop it now 🤣🤣🤣

(love you Mr P 🥰🥰🥰)

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's fair Dave, yeah players and cohesion are very important.

Not totally against 4-4-2 myself but it depends on setup..Cavani and Suarez as a pair in WC 2018 was one.

We play 4-4-2 whilst we block the moment anyway. 

Well I listened to that with my brother in the car last night.

Somewhere between a car crash and a train wreck of an interview.

My opinion is that Tinnion is very clearly passionate about BCFC and wants us to do well.

But deary me he’s out of his depth.

He’s disclosed undisclosed transfer fees. Thrown Bajic under the bus as being unhappy and possibly wanting out. Told the fans that the U18 cup is more important than the first team. Said that some of the young players had their chance and didn’t take it. 

I don’t have anything against BT. But if we are a sane football club those comments make his position untenable.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Well I listened to that with my brother in the car last night.

Somewhere between a car crash and a train wreck of an interview.

My opinion is that Tinnion is very clearly passionate about BCFC and wants us to do well.

But deary me he’s out of his depth.

He’s disclosed undisclosed transfer fees. Thrown Bajic under the bus as being unhappy and possibly wanting out. Told the fans that the U18 cup is more important than the first team. Said that some of the young players had their chance and didn’t take it. 

I don’t have anything against BT. But if we are a sane football club those comments make his position untenable.

The flip side is if he was popular fans would be praising him for his honesty. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 8

6 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

or being a bit nippon denso.  regarding mickey bell, i hope they arent doing what they always do and looking at ex players for the future, i loved him as a player and often had a game of pool with him saturdays after home games but i cant stand the bloke now. might be a good coach but i dont do arrogance

11 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

No, the point of your original post was to highlight Tins making good financial transfer deals. I merely asked you to balance it with his poor ones. 

You keep making it about managers.

Are you a politician cos you still haven't answered the question ?

I simply made the point that Tins was part of the team that recruited players. Of course others had input and the final decision was made by the manager of the day.  Maybe some transfers were less wonderful than others, but to single out Tins for all the blame seems a trifle unfair - that is why I pointed out that the whole thread was a pile on with Tins as the victim.  People on here seem to delight in minimising his contribution to our club. I reckon that it is more significant - in a good way, than many realise.  Of course he also has to act within the constraints of the budget and his board of directors. We clearly disagree on his value to the club.

10 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

This.

Sums up exactly what needs to happen ASAP, we will NEVER achieve ANYTHING with the current ownership and if you doubt that, then please look back over the last 20 something years and count our achievements (not the embarrassing JPT wins), its laughable to expect anything other than further failure, its almost as if they are happy to just rinse & repeat, continuing to bounce between this league & the one below, where we are a bigger fish and can compete without having to place a hairline crack in their nest egg.

I honestly believe "THEIR" expectations do not match the majority of ours "The Fans".

People may say: "be careful what you wish for we could be Gas", but were not and its their abject failure that maybe makes our situation and the atmosphere generally apathetic rather than down right toxic. (For now).

Lansdown OUT

I’d also add to that, it’s clear to see how shite and tinpot the Sags are and they haven’t got a pot to piss in most of the time.  

In spite of all that, even though Lansdown has pissed away tens of £millions in his 20 years of ownership, for most of that period, the Sags have only been one division below us.

Proves how ineffective SL has actually been in pushing us to success on the the field, regardless of how much money he’s thrown at it.

2 hours ago, WeAreThePigs said:

He used to be popular though, didn’t he.   That’s only changed because he’s now been promoted well beyond his apparent skill level and to a position where he could do serious damage to this club.

Coming out with a string of lies and bullshit isn’t going go do much for his popularity either.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WeAreThePigs said:

I was thinking, if you take emotion of the situation out of it, you could spin it as an honest interview.

However, and I appreciate I'm late to the thread but only listened last night on my run, there's several things that irked me.

Disclosing previously undisclosed fees, seems unprofessional.

The Bajic comment was unnecessary IMO

He's been at the club "30 years" except those years he wasn't?

We weren't 3 points away from the playoffs, no matter how many times he says it. It was 4 points, it's only a point out - but why keep getting it wrong? Doesn't show attention to detail

We were 1 point of the playoffs after beating Coventry (2 games before Pearson's sacking) and 2 points off after losing to Ipswich (1 game before). We've never been that close since.

Too many times he seemed to suggest Liam needs time etc, but that's not the messaging when he was brought in.

The Mebude transfer - again, needs time blah blah. He's a loan signing. he doesn't have time. Why bring in a loan that isn't ready to hit the ground running?

Oh, edit - the comment about not comparing to Coventry because they had 20m to re-invest. So did we - we just didn't do it.

Lastly, when talking about the style of play, he said he wanted us to perform like we have against, Watford, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Ipswich and the Cup games. Well those games weren't won with the controlled, possesion based football that Manning is trying to implement - all of those games we're played on the counter, seeing much less of the ball. So his answer is contradictory really of what's being implemented.

It was a bit of a mess in all honesty.

Edited by MarcusX
forgot the Coventry comment!
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

Currently on Talksport is the ex Liverpool CEO Peter Moores. 
He briefly mentioned about whenever he  visited Crystal Palace and how welcoming and what a good guy Phil Alexander was. 

But we ditched him of course. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

He used to be popular though, didn’t he.   That’s only changed because he’s now been promoted well beyond his apparent skill level and to a position where he could do serious damage to this club.

Coming out with a string of lies and bullshit isn’t going go do much for his popularity either.

Neither is backstabbing.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I listened to the interview today.

We have a great academy, but playing regularly in the Championship is a different kettle of fish. 

Oh, how we were so blatantly lied to in October (we already knew that). Top end THIS season a distant memory. Why make the change? Yes Jon, why? Because Tins now states we have someone ‘learning on the job’, so why make the change when we had an experienced manager who didn’t need to learn?

Injuries….Hang on….didn’t we have players coming back from injury since Liam was appointed? So why were injuries ignored for Nigel then? He had a worse availability situation than Liam, yet it was ignored and the club sacked him!!!!!

Gone from ‘right end of Championship’ to being happy if we were 10 points better off? None of this correlates with the absolutely clear narrative set out in October???!!!!!

The football is awful, crowds are down, a club that was all pulling in the right direction has been ripped apart and it’s now back to ‘us’ (the supporters) and ‘them’ (Steve, Jon, Brian etc). 

Conclusions:-

They didn’t like Nige - Even though he did everything that was asked of him.

Appoint anyone other than Nige - Even if he has to learn on the job.

We’ve got a brilliant academy and a first team which is regressing.

Tommy has had enough and is off.

Bajic will be off if he doesn’t like bench warming and moans about it.

It’s ‘their club’ and they’ll do what they want.

Don’t hold your breath over any future spending sprees.

They’re happy even if we’re not and that’s all that matters.

Shut up, get behind the team and renew your season ticket as we ‘learn’ our way into League One.

No-one is going anywhere.

Keep your blind faith.

We beat Southampton and Middlesbrough.

McKenna lost a load of games that he actually won.

Coventry have spent money because they sold players for big fees so we can’t compare ourselves to them. Hang on didn’t we sell Semenyo and Scott for big fees Brian?….Ignored, the same as Nige’s injury list.

The gulf in opinion between the supporters and directors of this club about how to achieve success has to be the biggest since they took control.

Brian has been here 30 years. We haven’t had top flight football for nearly 50 years mate!

Please sell up. This is a train crash.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3
  • Flames 4

13 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Coventry have spent money because they sold players for big fees so we can’t compare ourselves to them. Hang on didn’t we sell Semenyo and Scott for big fees Brian?….Ignored, the same as Nige’s injury list.

I agree with pretty much all your post but just on the Coventry point.

Losses of £10-15m pre tax across 2021-22 and 2022-23, in total I mean set against £50m in the same period for us and both of their big sales took place this season.

Yes they had more headroom than us, they had more than a lot of clubs. I reckon we had £10m more we could've spent this season, maybe £12m across amortisation, loan fees, wages etc.

However could we have spent more than we did? Very much so.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I was thinking, if you take emotion of the situation out of it, you could spin it as an honest interview.

However, and I appreciate I'm late to the thread but only listened last night on my run, there's several things that irked me.

Disclosing previously undisclosed fees, seems unprofessional.

The Bajic comment was unnecessary IMO

He's been at the club "30 years" except those years he wasn't?

We weren't 3 points away from the playoffs, no matter how many times he says it. It was 4 points, it's only a point out - but why keep getting it wrong? Doesn't show attention to detail

We were 1 point of the playoffs after beating Coventry (2 games before Pearson's sacking) and 2 points off after losing to Ipswich (1 game before). We've never been that close since.

Too many times he seemed to suggest Liam needs time etc, but that's not the messaging when he was brought in.

The Mebude transfer - again, needs time blah blah. He's a loan signing. he doesn't have time. Why bring in a loan that isn't ready to hit the ground running?

Oh, edit - the comment about not comparing to Coventry because they had 20m to re-invest. So did we - we just didn't do it.

Lastly, when talking about the style of play, he said he wanted us to perform like we have against, Watford, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Ipswich and the Cup games. Well those games weren't won with the controlled, possesion based football that Manning is trying to implement - all of those games we're played on the counter, seeing much less of the ball. So his answer is contradictory really of what's being implemented.

It was a bit of a mess in all honesty.

Yeah, but….otib are just picking on him!

• Like 5

On 12/03/2024 at 13:20, SecretSam said:

Learning is a life-long process. Pep's still learning, everyone should be. I'm still learning after doing my job for 23 years. The world changes, you need to change with it. I don't see a problem in this.

On 12/03/2024 at 13:44, petehinton said:

So who is Liam learning from? Managers who beat him? Cause it sure as hell isn’t anyone at the club, is it!

On 12/03/2024 at 14:04, Natchfever said:

Being in a job youre unqualified to do doesnt mean youre automatically going to learn to do it competently.

Club is a mess and Lansdown doesnt care.

Felt like these three comments resonated with my real life experience.

Absolutely agree Sam that learning is a continual process, but Pete's comment is equally fair - who is he learning from? He doesn't seem to have a senior mentor or guidance around him?

I once found myself in a role that I was deeply inexperienced for, but I was genuine and wanted to give it a good go.

I feel had I had a mentor around me or someone to learn from I could have excelled - as it was my boss was a *** and had no interest in helping - I was ultimately hung out to dry and had to leave.

I feel that's how Manning's reign could go. I wonder if there's appetite to get in a senior coach, or assistant. It's a shame we got rid of all the previous backroom staff

• Like 5

It's obvious that he's been thrown forward to spout the owner's/chairman's platitudes because the peasants are revolting. 

I'd interpret all this waffle and guff as

"Bollox, I think we fuqued up and have been sussed. And we can't admit it because we still need to sell season tickets".

The truth is Pring and Conway will be sold in the summer because they've both had their heads turned by big clubs and will make good money.

We'll invest in young talent and free transfers and hope that Manning actually proves to be a half decent coach. 

Our football club is a car crash of mismanagement, owned by people who know nothing about football and clearly realise they've shot themselves in the foot.

5 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

It's obvious that he's been thrown forward to spout the owner's/chairman's platitudes because the peasants are revolting. 

I'd interpret all this waffle and guff as

"Bollox, I think we fuqued up and have been sussed. And we can't admit it because we still need to sell season tickets".

The truth is Pring and Conway will be sold in the summer because they've both had their heads turned by big clubs and will make good money.

We'll invest in young talent and free transfers and hope that Manning actually proves to be a half decent coach. 

Our football club is a car crash of mismanagement, owned by people who know nothing about football and clearly realise they've shot themselves in the foot.

Tbf the host said he was only coming on to talk about the youth cup success, and they said they'd only take him if they could ask him questions about the first team - or words to those effect

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Tbf the host said he was only coming on to talk about the youth cup success, and they said they'd only take him if they could ask him questions about the first team - or words to those effect

So he's not a politician and can't knock back questions that he's not capable of answering because some of his answers are complete twaddle. He's out of his depth and he's been hung out to dry by the spineless people above him 

34 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Felt like these three comments resonated with my real life experience.

Absolutely agree Sam that learning is a continual process, but Pete's comment is equally fair - who is he learning from? He doesn't seem to have a senior mentor or guidance around him?

I once found myself in a role that I was deeply inexperienced for, but I was genuine and wanted to give it a good go.

I feel had I had a mentor around me or someone to learn from I could have excelled - as it was my boss was a *** and had no interest in helping - I was ultimately hung out to dry and had to leave.

I feel that's how Manning's reign could go. I wonder if there's appetite to get in a senior coach, or assistant. It's a shame we got rid of all the previous backroom staff

The club has ended up in a position where we all have to "hope" that Liam is a fast learner otherwise if you think we are in a pickle now you will mightily surprised at what might be on the horizon!! He certainly doesn't have experienced "been there, done that, achieved that" brains to pick at upstairs so he's literally been lobbed in the deep end and has to learn to swim.

I must admit I didn't realise he would be as wet behind the ears and/or so rigid tactically as he has shown so far against teams who need to be tactical to get a result. My issue is that if the worst happens and we have to sack Manning in November/December (the club will not be decisive due to the circumstances of the appointment) that will probably mean we are done for at Championship level for a while.

I just hope Liam starts showing us what he is capable of sooner rather than later. Another "performance" showing some football capability akin to most of the Ipswich game rather than QPR, Cardiff or Sheffield Wednesday on the back of last Sunday's "must win" might start getting concerned fans back onside a little bit. Then follow it up against Leicester (i.e. a performance and not being totally outplayed as per Leeds) and then start WINNING some more games he would be expected to get a win from.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, harvey54 said:

So he's not a politician and can't knock back questions that he's not capable of answering because some of his answers are complete twaddle. He's out of his depth and he's been hung out to dry by the spineless people above him 

I agree, he's definitely a bit irked about the negative press and unpopularity he's now getting. He's on the defensive - hence the disclosing of transfer fees, and the "i've been here 30 years" and i've earnt it"

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I agree, he's definitely a bit irked about the negative press and unpopularity he's now getting. He's on the defensive - hence the disclosing of transfer fees, and the "i've been here 30 years" and i've earnt it"

The phrase "power in the hands of fools " springs to mind

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The club has ended up in a position where we all have to "hope" that Liam is a fast learner otherwise if you think we are in a pickle now you will mightily surprised at what might be on the horizon!! He certainly doesn't have experienced "been there, done that, achieved that" brains to pick at upstairs so he's literally been lobbed in the deep end and has to learn to swim.

I must admit I didn't realise he would be as wet behind the ears and/or so rigid tactically as he has shown so far against teams who need to be tactical to get a result. My issue is that if the worst happens and we have to sack Manning in November/December (the club will not be decisive due to the circumstances of the appointment) that will probably mean we are done for at Championship level for a while.

I just hope Liam starts showing us what he is capable of sooner rather than later. Another "performance" showing some football capability akin to most of the Ipswich game rather than QPR, Cardiff or Sheffield Wednesday on the back of last Sunday's "must win" might start getting concerned fans back onside a little bit. Then follow it up against Leicester (i.e. a performance and not being totally outplayed as per Leeds) and then start WINNING some more games he would be expected to get a win from.

The problem is the paradox of playing better against better teams who "have a go" and control possesion.

The better we are - the less teams we'll face who "have a go" and the more that will come and sit in.

This is where I took issue with BT's comments about our style of play and wanting to see us play like we did against Southampton, Watford and the Prem teams etc

Ultimately we have to find a way to beat teams when we control the ball. I don't see how we can gain success by only being able to play counter attacking football against better teams

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The problem is the paradox of playing better against better teams who "have a go" and control possesion.

The better we are - the less teams we'll face who "have a go" and the more that will come and sit in.

This is where I took issue with BT's comments about our style of play and wanting to see us play like we did against Southampton, Watford and the Prem teams etc

Ultimately we have to find a way to beat teams when we control the ball. I don't see how we can gain success by only being able to play counter attacking football against better teams

Bang on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That's right and yet when I suggested, as a fair target for the manager, we need to win two of Huddersfield, Blackburn and Rotherham at home to give fans confidence that Manning was learning I was told that's stupid. It's not because if you want to finish top end then bottom 8 teams need to be put to bed more often than not.

• Like 3