IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

51 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That's right and yet when I suggested, as a fair target for the manager, we need to win two of Huddersfield, Blackburn and Rotherham at home to give fans confidence that Manning was learning I was told that's stupid. It's not because if you want to finish top end then bottom 8 teams need to be put to bed more often than not.

Absolutely.

I don't know the answer to this, but what was Pearson's record against bottom 8 teams - or LJ's for that matter?

I’ve just finally got round to listening to the broadcast. Having read the transcripts (thank you all!) I did think “how bad can it be?”; and it was just as bad if not worse than I was expecting! 

I thought Ed Hadwin did really well actually; not as direct or as good as GT, he was far more subtle but pretty effective at getting just astonishing statements out of Tinnion. 

One thing is for sure, and the season ticket propaganda confirms it, Manning is going absolutely nowhere. He could finish the season losing all the rest of our games and still get backed. 

It will be interesting to see how long he actually gets. 

17 hours ago, harvey54 said:

It's obvious that he's been thrown forward to spout the owner's/chairman's platitudes because the peasants are revolting. 

I'd interpret all this waffle and guff as

"Bollox, I think we fuqued up and have been sussed. And we can't admit it because we still need to sell season tickets".

The truth is Pring and Conway will be sold in the summer because they've both had their heads turned by big clubs and will make good money.

We'll invest in young talent and free transfers and hope that Manning actually proves to be a half decent coach. 

Our football club is a car crash of mismanagement, owned by people who know nothing about football and clearly realise they've shot themselves in the foot.

I’ve said it for years , going back to Millen’s days that he knows nothing about the game . The list of footballing mistakes are extensive , but his ego won’t allow him to admit & correct it. Apart from cotts (Kieth dawe) he’s got by, by chucking money at it . Now he’s not willing to do that anymore , his ineptitude is being exposed for what it is. 
I really do hope I’m wrong but I can see us going down next season . There’s similarities with mciines & manning . They’re both being hung out to dry 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 6
  • Flames 7

Finally got around to listening to it last night & thought the interviewer (Richard Hoskin?) did an excellent job, we all miss GT but to be fair he wasn’t far off his standard.

Aside from the blatant lies, so the McKenna 2 wins in his first 12, we beat Southampton 3-1 (not 3-0), we weren’t 3 points off the playoffs as a result & he seems to have completely forgotten his time in Spain, the bits that really irritated were his constant excuse of injuries now, (no worse it was than under Pearson) the incredible assertion that we couldn’t compete with Coventry (the only place I felt Hoskin missed a follow up, why did they spend after their sales & we didn’t?) & his total arrogance that he “deserved” the job.

Dismal.

• Like 12
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Still can’t believe he was dropping undisclosed transfer fees live on air. Very strange and unprofessional 

Sounded annoyed to me especially when Richard Hoskins suggested £2m for Rob Dickie when it was actually £600k, It must be annoying when you work your hardest for a club and just get criticised constantly by some fans ( I have no opinion on if tinnion is out of his depth or deserves the job ) But none of us (unless we have contacts ) have any idea of what is going behind the scenes its all just speculation. 

6 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

It must be annoying when you work your hardest for a club and just get criticised constantly by some fans

The thing is - he doesn’t just get constantly criticised.  He’ll get praise too.

But if you glory in the praise, put your big pants on for the criticism.  Fairs fair!

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The thing is - he doesn’t just get constantly criticised.  He’ll get praise too.

But if you glory in the praise, put your big pants on for the criticism.  Fairs fair!

Of course that's completely fair to take the good and the bad. Just in that moment I think he lost his composure, which I think is fine. I just think some of the criticism of Tinnion has been really over the top recently.

6 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

Of course that's completely fair to take the good and the bad. Just in that moment I think he lost his composure, which I think is fine. I just think some of the criticism of Tinnion has been really over the top recently.

I’m not so sure it is over the top tbh . JL admitted that he takes football advise from BT. Therefore , even though the final decisions were the lansdowns . They made those decisions off the back of tinnion’s advice . So , sacking Pearson , appointing manning were tinnion’s decisions. The fact that statements have been made about the injuries (medical dept) fault & sacked but no changes in that department. The lies that we have a top end squad & underachieving apparently under NP but doing ok & manning is learning is complete bollocks . Lack of due diligence done on mannings playing style & if it would fit our current squad , tinnion’s fault. Lies that there was no money for nige but all of a sudden because no due diligence was done , the squad has to be rebuilt . Lies.

He & the lansdowns deserve everything they get. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 8

On 13/03/2024 at 15:38, Numero Uno said:

That's right and yet when I suggested, as a fair target for the manager, we need to win two of Huddersfield, Blackburn and Rotherham at home to give fans confidence that Manning was learning I was told that's stupid. It's not because if you want to finish top end then bottom 8 teams need to be put to bed more often than not.

Spot on, but unlike with Swansea, they need to be convincing wins. Scrapping to an undeserved 1-0 will not be good enough against these teams.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m not so sure it is over the top tbh . JL admitted that he takes football advise from BT. Therefore , even though the final decisions were the lansdowns . They made those decisions off the back of tinnion’s advice . So , sacking Pearson , appointing manning were tinnion’s decisions. The fact that statements have been made about the injuries (medical dept) fault & sacked but no changes in that department. The lies that we have a top end squad & underachieving apparently under NP but doing ok & manning is learning is complete bollocks . Lack of due diligence done on mannings playing style & if it would fit our current squad , tinnion’s fault. Lies that there was no money for nige but all of a sudden because no due diligence was done , the squad has to be rebuilt . Lies.

He & the lansdowns deserve everything they get. 

Brilliant post 👏 👏 👏 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

Sounded annoyed to me especially when Richard Hoskins suggested £2m for Rob Dickie when it was actually £600k, It must be annoying when you work your hardest for a club and just get criticised constantly by some fans ( I have no opinion on if tinnion is out of his depth or deserves the job ) But none of us (unless we have contacts ) have any idea of what is going behind the scenes its all just speculation. 

Tinnion has been praised a lot for his work in the youth set up. No one can deny that. You praise the good work when it’s done.

The trouble is there has been nothing to praise since his little “I’ve been here 30 years so deserve this” promotion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

It must be even more annoying when you work your hardest for a club and..... GET THE SACK!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 6

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Tinnion has been praised a lot for his work in the youth set up. No one can deny that. You praise the good work when it’s done.

The trouble is there has been nothing to praise since his little “I’ve been here 30 years so deserve this” promotion.

Yes agreed, he deserves some credit but most credit should go to Gary Probert who was academy director until October 2021.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Spot on, but unlike with Swansea, they need to be convincing wins. Scrapping to an undeserved 1-0 will not be good enough against these teams.

Unless Twine is the second coming of Lionel Messi, I think we all know what sort of performance to expect against teams who will set up to keep it tight and nick a Cardiff style win.

We are boring as sh1te, with a boring as sh1te coach, led by incompetent dunces and a disinterested owner.

What could possibly go wrong.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes agreed, he deserves some credit but most credit should go to Gary Probert who was academy director until October 2021.

And was one of the first people Mark Ashton recruited for Ipswich as Director of Football Operations.

9 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

What? I didn’t know this.

Brian has pretty much taken all the credit for the success of the academy. Had me fooled. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Unless Twine is the second coming of Lionel Messi, I think we all know what sort of performance to expect against teams who will set up to keep it tight and nick a Cardiff style win.

We are boring as sh1te, with a boring as sh1te coach, led by incompetent dunces and a disinterested owner.

Then in simple terms, he isn’t learning!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I've come to the conclusion they think it's the players that need changing, not the Coach.

So their theory is - buy some new players in the summer and everything will be alright.

on condition we get them all for less than what we get for TC

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

8 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

on condition we get them all for less than what we get for TC

Yep. My fear is the taps have been turned off, we'll see no more of the 30M from last year and this summer we'll only spend what we get from sales.

Incomers will be unproven young players who are strangers to the Championship - at the same time as a ton of experience is allowed to leave.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I've come to the conclusion they think it's the players that need changing, not the Coach.

So their theory is - buy some new players in the summer and everything will be alright.

Our top six players, you mean?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yep. My fear is the taps have been turned off, we'll see no more of the 30M from last year and this summer we'll only spend what we get from sales.

Incomers will be unproven young players who are strangers to the Championship - at the same time as a ton of experience is allowed to leave.

Nor fully. Bird has some useful experience at the level and is from a Cat 1 Academy.

I hope that the wider prognosis isn't quite as had as you say but Murphy and Stokes certainly lack experience.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Funnily, Twine under NP added to the solid base (fitness notwithstanding) would've given a real lift. IMO and defiurikry a new strong dimension vs those deeper lying sides. Bird too would in thst framework have been a useful addition.

In this scenario though, like you not really feeling it.

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Finally got around to listening to it last night & thought the interviewer (Richard Hoskin?) did an excellent job, we all miss GT but to be fair he wasn’t far off his standard.

Aside from the blatant lies, so the McKenna 2 wins in his first 12, we beat Southampton 3-1 (not 3-0), we weren’t 3 points off the playoffs as a result & he seems to have completely forgotten his time in Spain, the bits that really irritated were his constant excuse of injuries now, (no worse it was than under Pearson) the incredible assertion that we couldn’t compete with Coventry (the only place I felt Hoskin missed a follow up, why did they spend after their sales & we didn’t?) & his total arrogance that he “deserved” the job.

Dismal.

I’ve tried to defend Tins as a playing legend, and in my eyes he was, and in particular the nastiness of the personal jibes, but when you put it like that, there’s no argument against, and you haven’t even mentioned the back stabbing which I’ve pretty much heard first hand accounts of. 

Such a shame. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1