IGNORED

the boneheads who are supposed to look after us fans

• Admin
3 hours ago, lenred said:

It’s an issue if we get stiffed with Sunday lunchtime kick offs. Maybe not for you but for many others.   Kids football, family, dare I say church, whatever - people have different things on on a Sunday. And of course Morhers day last weekend.  So I’d beg to differ and say it is very much an issue.  

What you have written is completely unrelated to what was written in the OP, have a read of it again

It was about both Bristol sides being home on a Saturday afternoon

This will actually work in YOUR favour that games are less likely to me moved now

• Facepalm 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, fisherrich said:

Give it another year or two, and Bristol City will be a non entity also with the Lansdowns in control.
Worrying times as a City fan.

Stop talking nonsense 

Our crowds are continually on the up, season ticket sales and POTD sales reflect this

(PNE had the lowest take up of previously sold tickets this season, with the Leeds fixture the next)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

They won't move the fixture that doesn't have the problem, the Gas one, as well as our one. 

It does feel like we have to move more often though, perhaps it's perception or recency bias who knows.

Found the first mention of it though. Interesting comment below the line that the away game last season was also on Mother's Day.

• Admin
Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

It does feel like we have to move more often though, perhaps it's perception or recency bias who knows.

Found the first mention of it though. Interesting comment below the line that the away game last season was also on Mother's Day.

This move has nothing to do with Rovers or who is playing at the same time like stated in the OP

When was the last time we moved a game because we clashed with Rovers? 

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Or back in the 1950s and before, when computers weren't setting the fixtures and football was a cheap weekend entertainment for working people such that some would hold a season ticket for both City and Rovers so as to be confident of having a game to watch every Saturday.

Growing up in the 60s I used to go and watch the reserves play in the Football Combination on the Saturdays we were away.   Got in for free most weeks.

• Like 1

What a laugh, apparently is us who cause the issues and an issue at our end moreso..a Swansea fanzine page or somesuch!

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62113/swansea-fans-don’t-ruin-your-life-just-because-of-a-football-match

Must have missed them chanting stuff about England etc. 🙄🤡

Is mutual, is an internationalish derby game of sorts etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

When Police Julie was on here she said it only depended on the opposition. If we were playing Rotherham and them Leyton Orient, no problem but if we had Leeds and them Pompey no chance. She also said plod were more concerned about fans clashing in town before and after the game.

• Thanks 1

That was some decent engagement.

Jerry SLO however that reminds..I'm sure he does lots of decent stuff elsewhere but his liaising on here if late leaves a lot to be desired, albeit I dare say he is hamstrung by the terrible structure of the club.

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

When Police Julie was on here she said it only depended on the opposition. If we were playing Rotherham and them Leyton Orient, no problem but if we had Leeds and them Pompey no chance. She also said plod were more concerned about fans clashing in town before and after the game.

Did she specify why e.g. we v Swansea on a Sunday and them v Derby remains 3pm Saturday?

That one irks.

Especially as by weird coincnce the away game to Swansea last year was also Mother's Day 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That was some decent engagement.

Jerry SLO however that reminds..I'm sure he does lots of decent stuff elsewhere but his liaising on here if late leaves a lot to be desired, albeit I dare say he is hamstrung by the terrible structure of the club.

Did sje specify why e.g. we v Swansea on a Sunday and them v Derby remains 3pm Saturday?

That one irks.

No, since she retired about three years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Did she specify why e.g. we v Swansea on a Sunday and them v Derby remains 3pm Saturday?

That one irks.

Especially as by weird coincnce the away game to Swansea last year was also Mother's Day 

As already mentioned its to give less time to drink before the game 

With the history of problems against Swansea it's self explanatory why it was moved, and it was NOTHING to do with Rovers playing Derby 

The date of the game is down to the fixtures computer 

• Like 1