IGNORED

the boneheads who are supposed to look after us fans

How can they(the EFL) organise a fixture list that involves both Bristol club being at home on the same saturday

and this weekend both of us are away from Bristol

Back in the day,it was always an alternating system of none of the Bristol clubs would play at home on the same day for league games.

This will never happen with the Manchester or Sheffield clubs

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I don't think it matters much any more NTTDS because the other lot have become a non-entity.

Guessing it did matter this weekend? There were more police than fans on Glos Road on Saturday before the game. 

57 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

How can they(the EFL) organise a fixture list that involves both Bristol club being at home on the same saturday

Back in the day,it was always an alternating system of none of the Bristol clubs would play at home on the same day for league games.

Slight difference between over 120,000 joint attendance in Manchester compared to 30k in Bristol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I don't think it matters much any more NTTDS because the other lot have become a non-entity.

It does matter when you have to choose between the game and your 90yo Mother (mum won obviously).

More to the point, why did WE have to change? Who's the strong leader at the helm of our club fighting our cause?

We are the higher placed team in the pyramid and should have played on the Saturday.

Do you think Liverpool or Everton would have changed for Tranmere?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

It does matter when you have to choose between the game and your 90yo Mother (mum won obviously).

More to the point, why did WE have to change? Who's the strong leader at the helm of our club fighting our cause?

We are the higher placed team in the pyramid and should have played on the Saturday.

Do you think Liverpool or Everton would have changed for Tranmere?

Our game was Sunday early kick off because of it being against Swansea on police request.

8 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Seems to have happened a lot this season, or is it me!

Feels like it I agree but only happened once before this season.  Norwich at home.  Not sure when they have played in a Sunday though?

Or back in the 1950s and before, when computers weren't setting the fixtures and football was a cheap weekend entertainment for working people such that some would hold a season ticket for both City and Rovers so as to be confident of having a game to watch every Saturday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes not Saturday because the gas had derby.

We could have had a early ko on the Saturday and the gas played on the Sunday.

Yes?

Gas v Derby isn't the game with the police request to be played at an early kick off so they wouldn't move that one to the Sunday.

They move the one that has a history of kicking off, which was us v Swansea.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Because sometimes it's unavoidable, the EFL fixture list doesn't revolve around us.

It is avoidable. In the past the fixture list was compiled without the aid of computers and City and Rovers never played at home on the same day. The same applied to other cities that had two teams. In the modern world clashes should be simple 

44 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Our game was Sunday early kick off because of it being against Swansea on police request.

Without the clash of Rovers being at home it could have been early Saturday kick off, the same as the Cardiff match 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Header in the 95th ? 

How do you know that? I thought she'd tripped over before the diving header flew into the back of the net!!

Brilliant I thought... until.... she pulled her top over her head and ran around .....

Hopefully she will be out of Southmead soon........

• Haha 3

Remember that many of the match day staff work at both clubs, so a clash could mean one club, usually the one that pays the least, be short staffed. There is a minimum number of match day staff needed by law, to put on a game and a City game against Leeds was very nearly cancelled an hour before kick off several years ago for this very reason. 

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Why does it matter?

It's happened a number of times, and is clearly not an issue anymore

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Why does it matter?

It's happened a number of times, and is clearly not an issue anymore

It’s an issue if we get stiffed with Sunday lunchtime kick offs. Maybe not for you but for many others.   Kids football, family, dare I say church, whatever - people have different things on on a Sunday. And of course Morhers day last weekend.  So I’d beg to differ and say it is very much an issue.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I think this is all about Swansea, Considering we played Swansea away on mother's day last year it can't be a coincidence that the fixture computer puts us on this weekend and then the police move it to the Sunday. We've played on the same day as Rovers a couple times in the last few years so I don't think that matters one bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Give it another year or two, and Bristol City will be a non entity also with the Lansdowns in control.
Worrying times as a City fan.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

For one, it does seem to be have become more frequent in recent years the 2 at Home on the same day.

I guess it then goes through the usual factors of deemed risk etc but how often do they get moved to the Sunday at our expense when it is 2 games of a higher than usual deemed risk or attendance?

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Just wondering who the bonehead is....

• Like 1

1963(?) Rovers were at home playing in Div 2. City were at home playing in Div 3. The All Blacks were playing Western Counties at the Memorial Ground.

All games had a 3.00pm ko. The busses and Police both managed to cope. For the record, City had the highest attendance that day.

More recently there's been instances of City, Rovers, Bristol and Bath rugby teams all being away on a Saturday. These were for League, not Cup fixtures.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

It’s an issue if we get stiffed with Sunday lunchtime kick offs. Maybe not for you but for many others.   Kids football, family, dare I say church, whatever - people have different things on on a Sunday. And of course Morhers day last weekend.  So I’d beg to differ and say it is very much an issue.  

Before AG was redeveloped, Rovers had to switch to Sunday if there was a fixture clash, as AG was contracted to holding a Sunday market.

It does seem to happen a bit more often these days, and I guess that the Police have a big influence as to whether it is necessary for the fixtures to be played on different days, and, which match should be moved.  Maybe the overtime pay is bigger for working a Sunday match! 😉