IGNORED

Tiffany’s night club

Twinkle

Hello please who can remember Tiffanie’s night club and the Thursday or Wednesday night which was free for ladies. 

I remember they had 2 DJ’s a white guy and a black guy think white guy was called Martin can’t remember the other black DJ guys name. 
i remember the dance floor had great big mirrors surrounding it. I used to go there dancing and mostly would go there on Wednesdays to practice dancing with my Ghanaian tall friend with a big Afro hair style his name was Kwesi Amonu his father had a pharmacy. 
Who remembers the West Indian chap the dancing DANCING CHAMPION was his name CLIVE or so? 

We used to go to Tiffanys on a Saturday , so can't help you personally . There is a Facebook group for nightclubs, don't know how good it is but they might help. 

"Memories Of Bristol Clubs/Pubs 1950's 60's 70s 80's"

Screenshot2024-03-14at14_53_02.png.3bc416a0b12af62dbe0a4cccd975a6d0.png

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

Used to go on a Tuesday(?) night which was rock music night. Good times.

Went a few times on Friday/Saturday but they had that ridiculous rule that you had to have a tie on to get in, only to take it off again once inside. Hated that.

They used to make the rules up as they went along .

79 / 80 during the Mod revival , a mate got turned away for wearing a tie , having the wrong colour socks and the wrong jacket . Really did just do it for giggles.

19 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

Used to go on a Tuesday(?) night which was rock music night. Good times.

Me too, about 76-78. And Saturday lunchtimes too, when they trialed it for a bit, in the summer I think so didn't interfere with going down the Gate.

Remember Stairway to Heaven and the massive queues for the Ladies just before the slow spot so they wouldn't get asked to dance

Plus they always played Hi Ho Silver Lining near the end, so we had to outshout any Rovers fans, and there were a few football scraps afterwards walking up the hill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Me too, about 76-78. And Saturday lunchtimes too, when they trialed it for a bit, in the summer I think so didn't interfere with going down the Gate.

Remember Stairway to Heaven and the massive queues for the Ladies just before the slow spot so they wouldn't get asked to dance

Plus they always played Hi Ho Silver Lining near the end, so we had to outshout any Rovers fans, and there were a few football scraps afterwards walking up the hill.

Definitely there when you were there then mate 👍

• Admin
On 13/03/2024 at 23:53, Twinkle said:

Hello please who can remember Tiffanie’s night club and the Thursday or Wednesday night which was free for ladies. 

I remember they had 2 DJ’s a white guy and a black guy think white guy was called Martin can’t remember the other black DJ guys name. 
i remember the dance floor had great big mirrors surrounding it. I used to go there dancing and mostly would go there on Wednesdays to practice dancing with my Ghanaian tall friend with a big Afro hair style his name was Kwesi Amonu his father had a pharmacy. 
Who remembers the West Indian chap the dancing DANCING CHAMPION was his name CLIVE or so? 

When I first saw this I wasn't sure he if it was spam or not 

Oddly the OP hasn't posted since 

Used to go to occasionally to Tiffany’s in Bath in the late 70’s. I was a student in the RUH at the time and with shifts and being pretty hard up couldn’t afford to go that often. There were dance competitions on certain nights.

I do remember it being really smoky which nowadays no longer happens. There was another club at the top of Milsom  Street called the Hole in the Wall. Probably went there more than Tiffany’s.

Jeez…….How time flies - those days were nearly 50 years ago

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 2

On 15/03/2024 at 17:47, Reigate Red said:

I seem to recall it had a load of plastic palm trees, could be memory playing tricks though.

Yup, think your right. No coconuts though. Watney's Red Barrell on tap as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 13/03/2024 at 23:53, Twinkle said:

Did Kwesi live in Brislington?

• Admin
On 19/03/2024 at 22:44, Calculus said:

Yup, think your right. No coconuts though. Watney's Red Barrell on tap as well. 

And Ben Truman, foul tasting muck…..

Saw Dr Feelgood and Eddie and the Hotrods there, the plastic palm trees were a bit odd, but the Tuesday night rock night was decent.

19 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

And Ben Truman, foul tasting muck…..

Saw Dr Feelgood and Eddie and the Hotrods there, the plastic palm trees were a bit odd, but the Tuesday night rock night was decent.

I loved that stuff!  Used to have in the Hole of Wall , don’t remember it in Tiffany’s tho.