IGNORED

England Squad

Super

No real surprises. Not looking good for Phillips now.

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite, Ben Chilwell, Lewis Dunk, Joe Gomez, Ezri Konsa, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Declan Rice

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Anthony Gordon, Harry Kane, Cole Palmer, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins

2 minutes ago, Super said:

No real surprises. Not looking good for Phillips now.

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite, Ben Chilwell, Lewis Dunk, Joe Gomez, Ezri Konsa, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Declan Rice

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Anthony Gordon, Harry Kane, Cole Palmer, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins

Phillips moves on loan to another Premier League team where he's starting semi regularly (more so than at Man City anyways!) and he's instantly dropped. Don't think we need him particularly, but I'd rather him than Henderson either way

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

We are weakest in defence. I'm guess Stones Maguire will be our back two for the Euro's, Chilwell left back? Not much competition.

Gomez has been pretty good for Liverpool at LB.

13 minutes ago, Selred said:

We are weakest in defence. I'm guess Stones Maguire will be our back two for the Euro's, Chilwell left back? Not much competition.

Does seem to be the weak link as we pick up a lot of injuries in that area .

Whereas attack wise lots of options as the forwards guys keep fit - fingers crossed !

Edited by Markthehorn

Glad to see Branthwaite in. Been good this season & will be in the squad for years to come. 

I think there’s only 5 or 6 spaces up for grabs this summer barring any new injuries or injury come back from Shaw.

The 3 GK’s will be in

Walker, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell

Those 5 midfielders all get in

Foden, Rashford, Saka, Kane, Watkins all guarantees. 

Leaves 6 from 

Gomez, Branthwaite, Konsa, Dunk, Trippier

TAA, Phillips

Palmer, Bowen, Toney, Gordon

12 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

Phillips moves on loan to another Premier League team where he's starting semi regularly (more so than at Man City anyways!) and he's instantly dropped. Don't think we need him particularly, but I'd rather him than Henderson either way

Not sure on that. 
Its correct that Phillips isn’t in the squad as he’s been horrendous. 
But if I had to choose 1 between Phillips and Henderson, I’d pick Henderson every day of the week. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not sure on that. 
Its correct that Phillips isn’t in the squad as he’s been horrendous. 
But if I had to choose 1 between Phillips and Henderson, I’d pick Henderson every day of the week. 

I don't think I'd pick either to be honest! Don't think Henderson is really pulling up any more trees at Ajax than he was in Saudi Arabia, though appreciate Gareth does like a holding midfielder so he has to take someone. Be great if we had another solid option at CB so Stones could play DM regularly/ when injury permits.

5 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

I don't think I'd pick either to be honest! Don't think Henderson is really pulling up any more trees at Ajax than he was in Saudi Arabia, though appreciate Gareth does like a holding midfielder so he has to take someone. Be great if we had another solid option at CB so Stones could play DM regularly/ when injury permits.

I think that Trent will be in the Euro's squad as a midfield player.

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Ben White has asked not to be considered for the squad.

Not sure what the issue is with him, allegedly fell out with one of the coaching staff at the WC and was sent home and now this.

Working on his tan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Not sure what the issue is with him, allegedly fell out with one of the coaching staff at the WC and was sent home and now this.

Southgate has denied that today.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

I agree. I wouldn’t pick either. 
But if I HAD to choose one, it would be Henderson above Phillips 

1 hour ago, Harvey86 said:

To quote the Guardian:

Southgate had been a factor in Phillips choosing to remain in the Premier League in January with a loan move to West Ham from Manchester City. But the midfielder has endured a torrid time at the London club, starting only three games, in which he has made a costly error against Bournemouth, received a red card at Nottingham Forest and been substituted at half-time against Burnley. He has come on as a substitute in four other matches.

Seems the right decision to me. Southgate would have got stick for picking him in those circumstances so it's a no win situation as it always is with England managers.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, luke_bristol said:

He's the leader of his own fan club that guy. Wouldn't call him up ever again.

• Like 1

• Admin

My first live England game at Wembley for a few years, looking forward to it

I'm not sure how strong the Brazil squad is, it is very heavy with European based players. Not sure if that is because they are playing us and Spain or if that is the way it is now?

Got a ground tour on Sunday lunchtime too, so hopefully a great weekend 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

He's the leader of his own fan club that guy. Wouldn't call him up ever again.

Playing for England should be the peak of a players career, refusing a call up is not on in my opinion. 

If he doesn't want to play for his country, the ignore him, there are plenty of solid options who can take his place

Just now, JBFC II said:

Playing for England should be the peak of a players career, refusing a call up is not on in my opinion. 

If he doesn't want to play for his country, the ignore him, there are plenty of solid options who can take his place

He doesn't even like Football mate. Just think it's sad millions of lads out there right now with dreams of playing for England at Football and he just refuses.

He's a proper big time Charlie

• Like 1