IGNORED

England Squad

Super

56 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Just realised he’s gone Toney over Solanke, Solanke has been great this season where Toney has barely showed anything since the ban ended 

Pretty understandable when you have had nearly a whole year off from football, he will probably peak end of season.

Seen glimpses i guess but i would say its a tad harsh on solanke as none of them will play a minute when the tournament starts.

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Just realised he’s gone Toney over Solanke, Solanke has been great this season where Toney has barely showed anything since the ban ended 

Toney is a far better player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Toney has done well imo. He’s also one of the few in the squad who I feel has a genuine winners mentality.

I’d probably want him on an important penalty ahead of anyone else in that squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prankerd said:

Pretty understandable when you have had nearly a whole year off from football, he will probably peak end of season.

Seen glimpses i guess but i would say its a tad harsh on solanke as none of them will play a minute when the tournament starts.

He’s had nearly a year off through his own fault. ‘Probably’… and if he doesn’t improve his form? This was a good chance to get Solanke some senior experience against good opponents and see how he got on. On form right now I’d be taking Solanke. 

15 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Playing for England should be the peak of a players career, refusing a call up is not on in my opinion. 

Why? He doesn't want to sit on the bench with splinters in his ar53. Maybe England doesn't bother him. Not everyone has to be a super patriot.

15 hours ago, JBFC II said:

If he doesn't want to play for his country, the ignore him, there are plenty of solid options who can take his place

Which is exactly what's happened. He seems happy about that.

I recall Paul Scholes quit aged 29 because he was fed up with being treated badly. And Chris Sutton turned down England B. 

this though, bit extreme…

Ian Wright: “The next young player who says he does not want to play for England should be ordered to ring the parents of a soldier who has died serving his country in Afghanistan, and tell them his reasons.”

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Why? He doesn't want to sit on the bench with splinters in his ar53. Maybe England doesn't bother him. Not everyone has to be a super patriot.

Which is exactly what's happened. He seems happy about that.

I recall Paul Scholes quit aged 29 because he was fed up with being treated badly. And Chris Sutton turned down England B. 

It’s not about being a super patriot, it’s about realising how fortunate he is to be in a position to play for his country.

If he doesn’t want to play for England, fine, I can’t agree with that as a stance but don’t go and make a scene about it.

Sitting on the bench for England is more than the vast, vast majority of professionals get to do. He should be fighting for a place in the team, not sulking off because he’s not an automatic starter

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It’s not about being a super patriot, it’s about realising how fortunate he is to be in a position to play for his country.

If he doesn’t want to play for England, fine, I can’t agree with that as a stance but don’t go and make a scene about it.

Sitting on the bench for England is more than the vast, vast majority of professionals get to do. He should be fighting for a place in the team, not sulking off because he’s not an automatic starter

I actually don't have a problem with it just as long as he never gets another chance. Anyway it's a position where we have so many options anyway.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He’s probably reached the peak of his own ability level and finds that it’s not good enough to start for England in Southgate’s team.  Certain individuals just want to play, at whatever level they play sport.  He appears to be one of those.

Not an issue for me.

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Ian Wright: “The next young player who says he does not want to play for England should be ordered to ring the parents of a soldier who has died serving his country in Afghanistan, and tell them his reasons.”

What a *****.

Deluded enough to compare kicking a football about with fighting in the British Army.

Way past his sell by date imo.

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s probably reached the peak of his own ability level and finds that it’s not good enough to start for England in Southgate’s team.  Certain individuals just want to play, at whatever level they play sport.  He appears to be one of those.

Not an issue for me.

Non issue isnt it.

If it suited both parties in the future hed probably be back in.

Maybe when Southgate and his team are gone.

If you dont have to work with people you dont like then its a no brainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

I like Wright a lot but that is bizarre. Ben White shouldn’t be allowed to do what he wants?  

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Has he made a scene? His club said he didn’t want to be considered.  Why should he be fighting for a place just because you would ?

20 hours ago, Harvey86 said:

Phillips moves on loan to another Premier League team where he's starting semi regularly (more so than at Man City anyways!) and he's instantly dropped. Don't think we need him particularly, but I'd rather him than Henderson either way

No surprise, he’s been dreadful.

Henderson is criminally underrated by some, and none of us have any idea what he offers off the pitch etc.

That said, I’d assume or hope he’s a back up player now. Good experience to bring on if needed. Rice, Bellingham plus one other - Trent or Maddison for me (assuming Foden and Saka in front with Kane)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Extreme yea, but also 10 years old. Was said after Harry Redknapp said Spurs players would regularly try and get out of international duty

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I like Wright a lot but that is bizarre. Ben White shouldn’t be allowed to do what he wants?  

Same!! But yeah just like it’s a choice to join the army if not 

Edited by alexukhc

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Extreme yea, but also 10 years old. Was said after Harry Redknapp said Spurs players would regularly try and get out of international duty

Yes seems so.

https://tbrfootball.com/ben-white-may-not-want-to-read-ian-wrights-comments-from-2014-after-his-england-snub/

I presume he just doesn't want to play under Southgate after they had an alleged falling out at the World cup?

But Southgate as is his way doesn't want to say that as then he would be bombarded with questions as to what went on or who else does he like or not like.

Apparently White isn't much of a football fan anyway so probably hasn't got that great passion to play for England people demand.

23 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Yes seems so.

https://tbrfootball.com/ben-white-may-not-want-to-read-ian-wrights-comments-from-2014-after-his-england-snub/

I presume he just doesn't want to play under Southgate after they had an alleged falling out at the World cup?

But Southgate as is his way doesn't want to say that as then he would be bombarded with questions as to what went on or who else does he like or not like.

Apparently White isn't much of a football fan anyway so probably hasn't got that great passion to play for England people demand.

I'm guessing there is more to it than that, Especially as GS still wants him in the squad, Also i'm sure many players haven't always got on with their manager

1 hour ago, Super said:

I'm guessing there is more to it than that, Especially as GS still wants him in the squad, Also i'm sure many players haven't always got on with their manager

I believe the falling out was with Gareth's assistant. I think GS wants White back in the squad due to the amount of injuries we have right now, if everyone was fit it'll be a different story.

19 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Toney has done well imo. He’s also one of the few in the squad who I feel has a genuine winners mentality.

I’d probably want him on an important penalty ahead of anyone else in that squad. 

I bet you would....then again, he'd probably bet you would as well....

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1