IGNORED

Naismith

The injury thing has been an issue for longer than just the HPC. There's probably no simple or single answer. Or one size fits all.

I remember in 2017-18, when we were riding high we had 8 or 9 players injured out for good chunks of Autumn.

2018-19 wasn't too bad, save for Fielding and the rolling injuries for Korey. Hegeler retired partially through injury too.

2020-21 from a few months in, perhaps 6 months in Idk was catastrophic.

2019-20 was interesting and an alarm bell or 2 begun for me in that 4 new permanent or loan signings were injured for weeks or months within 6 weeks of the start of the season.

Kalas- x weeks/months.

DaSilva- Half a season give or take.

Nagy- Injured after 1.5 gsmes, a number of weeks or months.

Afobe- by mid September he was effectively out for the whole season.

That was alarming to me. 4 new signings, out medium to long term by mid September or so.

We had a bigger squad then but still..it suggests something somewhere isn t quite right.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Thing is, what IS wrong ?

We have had these problems for years, unlucky ? Probably , to a point .
But continued problems suggest something else.
Pearson came in and changed the medical and coaching staff , we still had problems . Manning comes in after the old coaching and conditioning staff left ( not sure about the medical side) and we still have problems . 
To me that says , unless they were all doing the same things across 3 set ups, that it's something else. 
Some concerns over the pitches , but while that may be a factor other teams have the same ones and not suffer as much for so long . I don't doubt these hybrid pitches put more strain on soft tissue , I think there is a rise of problems across the sport , but it seems never ending here . 
Plus we changed the pitch last summer , new base and different design I believe . 
Both HPC & the Gate are the same pitches BTW.

Not sure what that leaves to be able to point the finger at .  Not a straight forward fix , obviously.

We seem to have had more than our fair share .

Remember when Barry Fry was manager at Birmingham and they suffered lots of bad luck, which was put down to a gypsy curse. To exorcise the curse  Fry peed in all four corners of the pitch!

Come on Manning. You know what you need to do!

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The logic of this is lost on me. If his contract is paid up it will cost the City the same amount of money that it would if he stayed. It would also involve an upfront cost which compared to phased payments is bad for cash flow (though in the overall scheme of things it’s a small percentage of the total costs). If he stays at least there is a possibility that he might get on the pitch before the end of the season 

Your error there is to look for the logic where more likely Cityboy1954 was driven by emotion. Which is why Liam is so anti- or terrified of - emotion (like most blokes)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Remember when Barry Fry was manager at Birmingham and they suffered lots of bad luck, which was put down to a gypsy curse. To exorcise the curse  Fry peed in all four corners of the pitch!

Come on Manning. You know what you need to do!

Piss Off ?   🤣

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The injury thing has been an issue for longer than just the HPC. There's probably no simple or single answer. Or one size fits all.

I remember in 2017-18, when we were riding high we had 8 or 9 players injured out for good chunks of Autumn.

2018-19 wasn't too bad, save for Fielding and the rolling injuries for Korey. Hegeler retired partially through injury too.

2020-21 from a few months in, perhaps 6 months in Idk was catastrophic.

2019-20 was inteddting and an alarm bell or 2 begun for me in that 4 new permanent or loan signings were injured cor weeks or months within 6 weeks of the start of the season.

Kalas- x weeks/months.

DaSilva- Half a season give or take.

Nagy- Injured after 1.5 gsmes, a number of weeks or months.

Afobe- by mid September he was effectively out for the whole season.

That was alarming to me. 4 new signings, out medium to long term by mid September or so.

We had a bigger squad then but still..it suggests something somewhere isn t quite right.

I always remember Dani Rodrigues. Not long after joining had a bad break in 2000 at Ashton Gate. Friends in the ground at the time said you could hear him screaming . 

Edited by Graham76

2 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

I always remember Dani Rodrigues. Not long after joining had a bad break in 2000 at Ashton Gate. Friends in the ground at the time said you could hear screaming . 

Eesh I vaguely recall it. That was horrible, don't fully recall the screaming bit (I was youngish then).

More conventionally and recently, Velicka 2009, Vokes 2010, Elokobi 2012 off the top of my head.

14 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The logic of this is lost on me. If his contract is paid up it will cost the City the same amount of money that it would if he stayed. It would also involve an upfront cost which compared to phased payments is bad for cash flow (though in the overall scheme of things it’s a small percentage of the total costs). If he stays at least there is a possibility that he might get on the pitch before the end of the season 

Would be nice to see.

14 hours ago, Graham76 said:

I always remember Dani Rodrigues. Not long after joining had a bad break in 2000 at Ashton Gate. Friends in the ground at the time said you could hear him screaming . 

I don't think anything could be worse than Gerry Sharpe against Middlesbrough - the crack as he broke his leg could probably be heard in Greville Smyth Park.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't think anything could be worse than Gerry Sharpe against Middlesbrough - the crack as he broke his leg could probably be heard in Greville Smyth Park.

You could hear the break when Rodriguez broken his leg, the ground went completely silent - very very grim 

• Like 1