IGNORED

Jamie Knight Lebel

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A lot of fans want Manning out. His two best players are Vyner and Dickie. Dropping one now would be a bit foolish in my opinion. 

Not if he plays his preferred 5/3 at the back  lopsided formation. Mcrorie has been struggling in a RB / RWB role he would be the one to leave out, particularly with Sykes back now.

43 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Now give the kid a game...................

Absolutely, or a decent sub appearance, he’s played virtually no competitive football this season, and no, the U21 games are not competitive in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A lot of fans want Manning out. His two best players are Vyner and Dickie. Dropping one now would be a bit foolish in my opinion. 

Three at the back, rotate Vyner, play him when the clock gets to the magical 60 minute mark.

22 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

WIth George Tanner out and us all but safe he could have a go on the right hand side like he did at Forest?

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

WIth George Tanner out and us all but safe he could have a go on the right hand side like he did at Forest?

Think Tanners back but the point stands. These next 9 games aren’t exactly a free hit because of how poor we’ve been overall under Liam, but I think the worst of all worlds would be not treating it as an “extended pre season” and doing things like giving players such as JKL minutes.

I’d imagine fans would be far more forgiving of a poor result/performance if it happened when “experimenting” as opposed to ploughing the furrow we are at the moment.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Think Tanners back but the point stands. These next 9 games aren’t exactly a free hit because of how poor we’ve been overall under Liam, but I think the worst of all worlds would be not treating it as an “extended pre season” and doing things like giving players such as JKL minutes.

I’d imagine fans would be far more forgiving of a poor result/performance if it happened when “experimenting” as opposed to ploughing the furrow we are at the moment.

No they won't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

No they won't.

I think most people are capable of nuance. I’ve already said that performance is actually a bit more important than results - if we grub 4 1-0’s in the style of the Swansea game in the last 9 I’m not sure any pressure will ease on Liam. This is the same thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think most people are capable of nuance. I’ve already said that performance is actually a bit more important than results - if we grub 4 1-0’s in the style of the Swansea game in the last 9 I’m not sure any pressure will ease on Liam. This is the same thing.

Internally though that absolutely would...or perhaps more accurately 4 rubbish 1-0s would give the hierarchy the legitimacy to keep him.

The whole "results are all that matters" crowd would be saying "5 wins in 10, 1.5ppg, 50% win ratio, play off form. Hunky dory."

And that then allows for a second RB interview where Tinnion says all of that as well (and tells us what we've been offered for Conway).

So you might not ease the pressure on him, but the pressure would ease.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Anyone thinking we're already safe must be crackers.

We’re not safe today as it stands but we shouldn’t need a shed load of points to get there either. I said last week we need to “turn up” three times this season to be safe. Without really turning up last Sunday that’s down to two now. It would be a calamity to blow it from where we are.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We’re not safe today as it stands but we shouldn’t need a shed load of points to get there either. I said last week we need to “turn up” three times this season to be safe. Without really turning up last Sunday that’s down to two now. It would be a calamity to blow it from where we are.

Goal difference is miles better than the bottom ten as well, which is effectively another point.

One win & one draw in our last nine will probably be enough as a result, hard to believe we won’t get that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Goal difference is miles better than the bottom ten as well, which is effectively another point.

One win & one draw in our last nine will probably be enough as a result, hard to believe we won’t get that.

I think 50 (plus gd) will be enough, so 1 win or 3 draws ought to do.

56 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Internally though that absolutely would...or perhaps more accurately 4 rubbish 1-0s would give the hierarchy the legitimacy to keep him.

The whole "results are all that matters" crowd would be saying "5 wins in 10, 1.5ppg, 50% win ratio, play off form. Hunky dory."

And that then allows for a second RB interview where Tinnion says all of that as well (and tells us what we've been offered for Conway).

So you might not ease the pressure on him, but the pressure would ease.

Yeah fair point. It would be a terrible outcome though in a lot of ways as it wouldn’t be progress in real terms and just delay the inevitable imo

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Does anyone know how Araoye is getting on on loan? I was excited by his potential at the start of the season and I am not sure if I was outright wrong, a tad premature or things haven’t quite gone to plan….

As I said on the loan thread:

- Won MoM

- Seems as pleased as a fart in a spacesuit at it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Here's a hypothetical for you Silvio, and indeed anyone else, given these two options, which would you choose...?

1. We beat WBA and Leicester 1-0 in the same unconvincing manner as Swansea, or...

2. We lose to both WBA and Leicester despite a gallant effort, playing attractive front-foot football?

So I'm offering you three wins in a row, or six defeats from 7 games, you choose...

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

Here's a hypothetical for you Silvio, and indeed anyone else, given these two options, which would you choose...?

1. We beat WBA and Leicester 1-0 in the same unconvincing manner as Swansea, or...

2. We lose to both WBA and Leicester despite a gallant effort, playing attractive front-foot football?

So I'm offering you three wins in a row, or six defeats from 7 games, you choose...

Easily 2. Easy.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mozo said:

IF we can play attractive front foot football against WBA and Leicester - and IF we can be consistent and replicate that in the remaining 7 games after that - the results against WBA and Leicester won't matter - because that sort of form would be good enough to see us win most, if not all, of those final 7 games - and finish the season on a high.

Here's hoping!

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

I get what you are saying but there does reach a point where Manning has to show us what his football might look like. Southampton wasn't it despite the noises made by the Technical Director because we played the same Counter Attacking game that the club want to ditch 9 games out of 10. Watford away was probably the closest, Coventry away in spells and Middlesbrough, again away, for 45 minutes. Winning in the manner we did against both Southampton and Swansea isn't the long term we've been sold so we need to at least see a glimpse of what we've been sold.......for me Liam now needs to prove the adage that if you put in performances results take care of themselves. Let's see some performances now.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2