IGNORED

Can we next year Please..

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Provided neither go up or down.

Give WBA and Birmingham for that matter the same as they gave us.

Plus any other tossers who short change us.

Absolutely. 2k max and put 1200 of us in the corner. 

But, because BCFC is and always will be too ‘nice’ ( Pearson had this spot on the minute he came in), it wont happen. 

The matchday experience is about the club taking customers’ money and not anything at all about making the place hard to go to, or difficult, or nasty. 

2k max to any away team going forward. 

But we have as much chance of that happening as Mr Manning having a plan b!

• Like 5

Just now, nickolas said:

But, because BCFC is and always will be too ‘nice’ ( Pearson had this spot on the minute he came in), it wont happen. 

The matchday experience is about the club taking customers’ money and not anything at all about making the place hard to go to, or difficult, or nasty. 

I've always thought there should be an element of reciprocation however I like your thinking.

(FA Cup is more problematic but League I totally agree).

We need to wake up, sharpen up. Etc 

Unsure how big the segregation would need to be but yeah this I like.

We’ve been losing a six figure sum every week for years (transfer profits notwithstanding), so are we really in a position to turn down an extra thousand or more away fans by restricting away sales to 2,000? Not every team will bring more than 2k but some do. And it’s not as if we’ve got an equivalent number of home fans unable to get tickets every week. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've always thought there should be an element of reciprocation however I like your thinking.

(FA Cup is more problematic but League I totally agree).

We need to wake up, sharpen up. Etc 

Unsure how big the segregation would need to be but yeah this I like.

Segregation is the joke of this though!! Look at Anfield, Etihad etc. barely 2 rows of seats for segregation. But nice old BCFC cant even let us in the same stand, nor control fans from Atyeo versus Dolman when they are segregated ( trouble v Swansea etc previously ). 
Pearson called the club out for being too nice and sorted it, for the nice Lansdowns to have a wobble and not like being called out by Nige publicly, to go back to mr nice manning, completely undoing all of Nige’s work. 
An absolute shambles. 
But yes, i think Atyeo holds approx 4200, so we basically give 2000, segregate around 1000 to leave us 1200. It also then puts away fans not directly behind the goal, also taking away the ‘advantage’ everyone talks about, let alone there being over 1000 less away fans too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, North London Red said:

We’ve been losing a six figure sum every week for years (transfer profits notwithstanding), so are we really in a position to turn down an extra thousand or more away fans by restricting away sales to 2,000? Not every team will bring more than 2k but some do. And it’s not as if we’ve got an equivalent number of home fans unable to get tickets every week. 

1000 x £37? Multiplied by at tops 10 teams bringing more than 2k, so around £350-400k per season given up. 
A small amount to take away the considered ‘advantage’ that a full away end gives. 
SL has wasted a considerable larger sum on gardening leave for several managers down the years!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Forget self-sufficiency at this level. Or anything close.

It's a laudable aim but pointless as things are currently constituted.

WBA gave us 2k today despite a similar capacity. Birmingham give away sides 2k.

Sell some Naming Rights or something.

Sorry the advantage of a bit of extra cash in the grand scheme set against the advantage you can hand an away side is ridiculous.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

16 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Segregation is the joke of this though!! Look at Anfield, Etihad etc. barely 2 rows of seats for segregation. But nice old BCFC cant even let us in the same stand, nor control fans from Atyeo versus Dolman when they are segregated ( trouble v Swansea etc previously ). 
Pearson called the club out for being too nice and sorted it, for the nice Lansdowns to have a wobble and not like being called out by Nige publicly, to go back to mr nice manning, completely undoing all of Nige’s work. 
An absolute shambles. 
But yes, i think Atyeo holds approx 4200, so we basically give 2000, segregate around 1000 to leave us 1200. It also then puts away fans not directly behind the goal, also taking away the ‘advantage’ everyone talks about, let alone there being over 1000 less away fans too. 

Ah good you mentioned the Atyeo.

My understanding too about 4.2k, but it seems to have lost 800 seats. The max it can seem to hold for football is 3.4k for some weird reason.

Nobody has ever properly explained this. I asked Jerry on the Ask SLO bit but he only made a flying visit when Season Ticket sales announced.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sorry the advantage of a bit of extra cash in the grand scheme set against the advantage you can hand an away side is ridiculous.

Im in favour of the ‘nice stadium’. Either that or some other soft biscuit that suits our soft, nice underbelly. 
BCFC is not a cut throat forward thinking football business. Its too nice. Always has been. 

IMG_8949.jpeg

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Im in favour of the ‘nice stadium’. Either that or some other soft biscuit that suits our soft, nice underbelly. 
BCFC is not a cut throat forward thinking football business. Its too nice. Always has been. 

IMG_8949.jpeg

Yes it looks that way doesn't it.

I've asked Jerry a Follow-up on Atyeo capacity on the Ask Jerry section though is there any point given the input in recent months.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes it looks that way doesn't it.

I've asked Jerry a Follow-up on Atyeo capacity on the Ask Jerry section though is there any point given the input in recent months.

I thought that section was as slow and predictable as our football? 😂 

Either way we all know it wont happen ref Atyeo. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I like the sentiment but we're losing games because we're total dog shit, not because there are 800 more away fans in the Atyeo

45 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I remember Dario Gradi complaining that Ashton Gate was intimidating and then a few years later City wanted to install a bubble machine so that when visitors WHU came out it would make them feel at home.

Just now, 22A said:

I remember Dario Gradi complaining that Ashton Gate was intimidating and then a few years later City wanted to install a bubble machine so that when visitors WHU came out it would make them feel at home.

I remember him actually saying it was ‘unfair’ because of the difficulty of coming to AG. It couldnt be anymore the opposite now. 
Welcome notes in the programme, welcome graffiti in the Atyeo, and a very welcoming soft team to hand some point to the away team too. 
The sooner we have someone in charge with a bit of knowhow and fighting spirit, the better. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

I remember him actually saying it was ‘unfair’ because of the difficulty of coming to AG. It couldnt be anymore the opposite now. 
Welcome notes in the programme, welcome graffiti in the Atyeo, and a very welcoming soft team to hand some point to the away team too. 
The sooner we have someone in charge with a bit of knowhow and fighting spirit, the better. 

Welcome notes in the Programme are probably the norm in football these days but the rest..We could so much better.

9 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I like the sentiment but we're losing games because we're total dog shit, not because there are 800 more away fans in the Atyeo

I don't know about that.

Marginal gains, both Home and Away. Fans crowded in together where a high ratio stand as it is the done thing.

Away fans can lift at a tough venue. Home Fans especially can lift.

Why do you think Away fans are stuck out of the way or limited in number at a range of Grounds- it absolutely can make a difference IMO, especially in tight games.

Fans and team can feed off each other, if you reduce the positive impact of the Away fans you reduce this.