IGNORED

Predictions for our final eight games

Jerseybean

OK, let’s  have your predictions for our final eight games, my (optimistic thoughts) are below. If I’m right we will pick up eight more points and finish with 55 points (four less than last season.)

Home

Leicester L

Blackburn D

Huddersfield W

Rotherham W

Away

Plymouth D

Sunderland L

Norwich L

Stoke L

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

OK, let’s  have your predictions for our final eight games, my (optimistic thoughts) are below. If I’m right we will pick up eight more points and finish with 55 points (four less than last season.)

Home

Leicester L

Blackburn D

Huddersfield W

Rotherham W

Away

Plymouth D

Sunderland L

Norwich L

Stoke L

I’d take 8 points tbf!!

we all know we wont be able to beat the team  everyone beats ( Rotherham ). 
And we’ll also probably win a game we shouldnt (Sunderland). 
But i’d snap your hands off for 8 points. 
But i’d settle for 3, 18th place and a new manager in Summer. 
Although, if they are going to keep Bernard Manning, then they have to seriously back him (£10m min) in the summer. Do i trust him with that, probably not. 
Do i think £10m will buy us enough to be better than we are, no. 
Do i think he can get most of these players playing better than they are now, no. 
No idea on budgets but Tinman saying we cant compare to Coventry spending £23m having made £25m for Gyokeres, when weve made c£35m on our sales to Bournemouth, is a joke. 
Will they give him £10m? I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I’d take 8 points tbf!!

Although, if they are going to keep Bernard Manning, then they have to seriously back him (£10m min) in the summer. Do i trust him with that, probably not. 
Do i think he can get most of these players playing better than they are now, no. 
No idea on budgets but Tinman saying we cant compare to Coventry spending £23m having made £25m for Gyokeres, when weve made c£35m on our sales to Bournemouth, is a joke. 

Who on earth would give him money to spend or BT for that matter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I’d take 8 points tbf!!

How many players do we need, and how many will we going to get for 10m?

42 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Home

Leicester L

Blackburn D

Huddersfield W

Rotherham W

Away

Plymouth D

Sunderland L

Norwich L

Stoke L

Imagine being in the top 8/10 with those fixtures. We'd all be expecting to sneak in to 6th place.

16 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Home

Leicester L

Blackburn D

Huddersfield W

Rotherham W

Away

Plymouth D

Sunderland L

Norwich L

Stoke L

I can’t see much more than 5 points from that lot. Ironically we might get more from the Sunderland away game than we do from any of our home games. I would target that game and the Rotherham game to win but I don’t think we will better last season’s points total or get more than 15 wins.

We’ve recently lost to Sheff weds and QPR, so I really don’t think there’s any team in this division that you can hand on heart say we’d beat with confidence. Rotherham as close as a sure bet I guess, but I 100% wouldn’t bet on it

• Like 1

Since it was pointed out we look good against good sides, then lost an entertaining game at Ipswich, Manning has found pragmatism, and we are now as dull as dishwater.  I think he will try and stay in games , which means a borefest . It also means we will probably only try and win when behind . 

I predict boredom interspersed by anger when we concede and shock when we score.

Honestly can't see a win other than a scrappy 1-0 . 

From really getting the taste for away games back earlier in the season , not only has that been knocked out of me, if it wasn't for habit and the social side I'd think twice about home games. 
It's been a hard few years watching City, but I thought we were past that , and then we get this. 

• Like 5

• Admin
19 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Home

Leicester L

Blackburn D

Huddersfield W

Rotherham W

Away

Plymouth D

Sunderland L

Norwich L

Stoke L

Either way it's going to look like a Welsh village with lots of L's

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Honestly  I cant see where a win is coming from at the moment,

We can't score and concede soft goals

We don’t concede many, it’s the other end where Manning’s record has been shite except the 9-0 win against Southampton obviously……

• Haha 2

My prediction:

Home

Leicester L

Blackburn D

Huddersfield D

Rotherham L

Away

Plymouth D

Sunderland L

Norwich L

Stoke D

Msybe this seems a bit harsh with only 4 points from 8 games but results are strange at the end of the season. Teams that are doomed to relegation suddenly  play relaxed football, hence City to lose at home to Rotherham on the last day of the season 

• Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We don’t concede many, it’s the other end where Manning’s record has been shite except the 9-0 win against Southampton obviously……

It was 9:1, people conveniently forget the late penalty 👀👀👀

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1