IGNORED

Predictions for our final eight games

Jerseybean

15 minutes ago, Rob k said:

We won 2 games ago!! 

We did, but one win in six matches doesn’t inspire much confidence 

Edited by pongo88

On 16/03/2024 at 20:16, Jerseybean said:

OK, let’s  have your predictions for our final eight games, my (optimistic thoughts) are below. If I’m right we will pick up eight more points and finish with 55 points (four less than last season.)

Home

Leicester L

Blackburn D

Huddersfield W

Rotherham W

Away

Plymouth D

Sunderland L

Norwich L

Stoke L

5 points

Agree with you mainly but reckon we will draw with Hudds and lose Blackburn.

• Like 1

I watched Plymouth yesterday and my god they’re terrible. Genuinely if you thought watching us was bad. No goal at home in 4 now, chants all round of ‘Ian Foster your football is shit’ and ‘We want Foster out’ (at least the fans send a message rather than take it…)

So all in all, congrats to Argyle on a home win! 

10 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

I watched Plymouth yesterday and my god they’re terrible. Genuinely if you thought watching us was bad. No goal at home in 4 now, chants all round of ‘Ian Foster your football is shit’ and ‘We want Foster out’ (at least the fans send a message rather than take it…)

So when someone on another thread said “Warnock in charge for Plymouth” they actually meant “for Plymouth” not “against Plymouth” then!  🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

So when someone on another thread said “Warnock in charge for Plymouth” they actually meant “for Plymouth” not “against Plymouth” then!  🤣🤣🤣

That’s all the conversation was around me at the game 🤣 

“Got to get Warnock in now, else we are gone”. He’d relish his first game being us 🤣

On 16/03/2024 at 20:16, Jerseybean said:

OK, let’s  have your predictions for our final eight games, my (optimistic thoughts) are below. If I’m right we will pick up eight more points and finish with 55 points (four less than last season.)

Home

Leicester L

Blackburn D

Huddersfield W

Rotherham W

Away

Plymouth D

Sunderland L

Norwich L

Stoke L

I think we’ll lose to Blackburn and Plymouth and draw with Huddersfield so 51 points for me unfortunately. I can see Rotherham being our only win over those 8 games leaving Manning with a record of 2 wins from the last 14 games I believe . 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

After watching City for almost 50 years I can’t believe how passive our fans are now . 20,000 people just sat there shaking their heads but saying nothing . We’re giving the Lansdowns and their useless Technical Director such an easy time it beggars belief !! 

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

After watching City for almost 50 years I can’t believe how passive our fans are now . 20,000 people just sat there shaking their heads but saying nothing . We’re giving the Lansdowns and their useless Technical Director such an easy time it beggars belief !! 

Bang on. I hadn’t ever really considered it until I watched Argyle on Saturday. A team who had arguably their best ever season in League One last year, over 100 points and back in the Championshup after 15 years away…

New manager only 8 games in and they’re already onto their owner and demanding he’s sacked. Goes to show exactly how passive we are as a fan base. If people truely wanted change they would demand it, I sometimes wonder is OTIB simply the minority because it never translates to Ashton Gate. 

4th from bottom in the last six according to the form table. I reckon we will beat relegation by between two and four points.  A shocking reversal since the days of Nige. I hate to tell JL that "I told you so" - but I bloody well did tell him. It wasn't broke and he tried to fix it.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

4th from bottom in the last six according to the form table. I reckon we will beat relegation by between two and four points.  A shocking reversal since the days of Nige. I hate to tell JL that "I told you so" - but I bloody well did tell him. It wasn't broke and he tried to fix it.

That’s quite a reversal of posting “form”???

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not really. I posted about my distress at Nige's sacking at the time and also that is wasn't broke and did not need fixing. You may be confused with the fact that I do not blame Brian Tinnion for the decision. I also said at the time that LM seemed to lack confidence and was not the strong character that Nige was. I still believe that all those remarks were correct. I may be proved wrong in time but I feel that we have made a wrong turn with this appointment and it will be damned expensive to reverse. The brand of football served up by LM is certainly not to my liking and I'm sure that the players would perform better under a different manager...... or get Nige back!

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To be fair I think @Bat Fastard is consistent in defending Tinnion more than anything. I don't agree but it is subjective to a degree and that's what forums are for. Liam Manning is a piece of cake to judge - you just look at our record before and our record since and that's enough for many - all the subjective stuff like the performance standards does is add jam. As for Jon Lansdown, he is the Chairman and if he wasn't the Owner's Son we would all be calling for his head. But he IS the Owner's Son and therefore we don't have that luxury so we can only judge Tinnion and Manning on it in reality.

I must admit, as childish as you think it might be, I'm enjoying observing the absolute desperation of the "Nige Out" lot, and that includes the Evening Post/Radio Bristol club fanboy, who are now advising me that judging results and the patently pitiful number of goals scored since Boxing Day (three months ago more or less) is "Cherry Picking". Oh, and a squad that had 35 points after 24 games was always useless so how could he possibly avoid the absolutely nailed on relegation form since? It's great to see you lot squirming now cos your ridiculous impatience, that was taken by the idiots upstairs as validation and vindication of their decision to sack Nige, 100% started this whole chain of events (that has turned into a royal **** up) right off.

Your "progressive young new boy coaching thing" is really ruining things for you - to the point where Steve is now starting to consider whether he needs to intervene - it's gotta hurt!!

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Not really. I posted about my distress at Nige's sacking at the time and also that is wasn't broke and did not need fixing. You may be confused with the fact that I do not blame Brian Tinnion for the decision. I also said at the time that LM seemed to lack confidence and was not the strong character that Nige was. I still believe that all those remarks were correct. I may be proved wrong in time but I feel that we have made a wrong turn with this appointment and it will be damned expensive to reverse. The brand of football served up by LM is certainly not to my liking and I'm sure that the players would perform better under a different manager...... or get Nige back!

Fair dos.

• Thanks 1