IGNORED

A Bad Result Summed Up In One Tweet

Davefevs

I'm as big of an Andi fan as you'll find - one of my favourite City players and massively underrated IMO.

However, this does seem a bit of a dodgy tweet, I can see why some of our fans are a bit put out by it.

Technically, Andi is still a Bristol City player. Granted, he's on loan at WBA, but celebrating a win against your primary employer and expressing your disappointment at not being involved in making it happen seems rather unnecessary. It was probably a day where the best course of action would have been to say nothing.

In Andi's defence, it's probably just ill thought out rather than malicious. It seems he has severed any connection to us in his mind.

• Like 1

The amount of people having a go at Andi cracks me up, the bloke was only given one season here in his best role and he smashed it, he was never going to offer us anything how he was being used so now he's happier having moved to a club where he's already had a few chances at a roll he is better suited to. 

If you move jobs and you prefer your new job of course you'll celebrate it doing well, even if it means your old employer you liked feels the brunt of it. 

I don't blame him, he's adhering himself to the fans he plays for now. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just to confirm, not dissing Andi in any way, just that one of my favourite and respected players in recent years is congratulating WBA.

Must feel like he’s been treated badly, especially if this nonsense about an appearance clause is true

• Flames 1

44 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Must feel like he’s been treated badly, especially if this nonsense about an appearance clause is true

Any clause would be Andi’s prerogative to trigger.

I’d heard he’d already hit the number of games, but has chosen not to trigger it.  Why?  Because he wants to play, and he felt he wasn’t going to under LM, hence looking to put himself in the shop window for the second half of the season.

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

No problem with it. He’s moved on all but name. I wish him all the best in the play offs. Hoping he had a part to play in getting them up. A really good servant. 

Conflicted on that.

On one hand hope Andi smashes it. Otoh Andy Johnson yesterday, the 2k tickets and moreover WBA always yoyoing at just the right time. Parachute or PL cash, one of them but longer than most.. 2002-03 to 2022-23 excluding PL virtual perennials only Fulham coming up have had longer in receipt.

A dose of realism would be no bad thing for WBA and other such clubs.