IGNORED

Losing the dressing room - and the fans.

OliOTIB

Players look disinterested under this bloke, and can imagine they are all thinking the same as us.

Cant be long until they give up completely, and can we blame them? With everything happening above them, no we cannot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

There’s no evidence of this at all - the players were still trying at the end.

Just because they are ineffective, doesn’t mean they’ve given up.

This is sensationalist nonsense imo.

Trying til the end because in all honesty, they are a decent bunch of people. But I doubt very many of them really think this is the guy to take the club forward, much like most of the fans watching.

• Like 6
  • Flames 5

Was about to start a thread but seen this and think it’s kind of linked so. 

At what point do the players take some responsibility for some of this? When Pearson was here they looked like they wound run through brick walls. Now I get they are trying to follow what they’re being told by the management but for when things aren’t going their way, why doesn’t someone on the pitch take ownership and try something different rather than playing like robots?

Edited by Aipearcey

2 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

At what point do the players take some responsibility for some of this? When Pearson was here they looked like they wound run through brick walls. Now I get they are trying to follow what they’re being told by the management but for when things aren’t going their way, why doesn’t someone on the pitch take ownership and try something different rather than playing like robots?

And get thrown under the bus by LM in his post match interview if it goes wrong ?

LM will say they didn’t follow the plan !

It feels like all instinct and natural flair has been sucked out of the players.

Peobably stepping up and doing something different other than the plan would be seen as too emotional 

• Like 4

It’s not really just today’s result is it? In isolation, WBA very strong at home, us with nothing to play for, nobody who is not a red is going to be surprised at 2-0.

It’s the culmination of a run of really poor dull performances alongside poor results. Hang on to 0-0 as long as you can in the hope we can sneak something. Then if it’s going wrong, seemingly no idea whatsoever how to change it.

If nothing changes I would be convinced we would go down next year. Our squad may not be top six, but they are capable of a lot more than this. We are completely anemic, and that is on the manager.

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Last Sunday I think the players did go off-piste a bit, after an hour.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Last Sunday I think the players did go off-piste a bit, after an hour.

So are we in a situation where the players aren't fully buying into Mannings methods? He's not convincing them that his way is the way forward?

34 minutes ago, rednotblue said:

So are we in a situation where the players aren't fully buying into Mannings methods? He's not convincing them that his way is the way forward?

Yes, because they don’t think they work.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Nigel pearson’s cider army?

No. Absolutely not. Not because sacking Nige wasn't the worst managerial decision in decades, because it was. Arguably it's been superceded by the appointment of Manning. The trouble with singing this is that they will take it as sour grapes and only being sung because we liked Nige. 

They need to realise that it's because of how things are going NOW, under the new guy. If Nige was replaced by someone who took us to that next level then there absolutely wouldn't still be this level of anger, but he wasn't. And we can all see that we're sleepwalking to relegation in a years time. All, that is, except those with the power to do something about it.

Leicester will be toxic, of that I'm sure. The "hierarchy" will be hoping that the international break gives them some breathing room so we can all remember that we beat Southampton.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

No. Absolutely not. Not because sacking Nige wasn't the worst managerial decision in decades, because it was. Arguably it's been superceded by the appointment of Manning. The trouble with singing this is that they will take it as sour grapes and only being sung because we liked Nige. 

They need to realise that it's because of how things are going NOW, under the new guy. If Nige was replaced by someone who took us to that next level then there absolutely wouldn't still be this level of anger, but he wasn't. And we can all see that we're sleepwalking to relegation in a years time. All, that is, except those with the power to do something about it.

Leicester will be toxic, of that I'm sure. The "hierarchy" will be hoping that the international break gives them some breathing room so we can all remember that we beat Southampton.

You don’t know what you’re doing? Steve, Jon

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Because the manager will not support it. The manager wants robots. So who is going to go it alone?

6 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Osman, Pulis, Smith, DmC, Sod, Millen, Holden and now Manning… 

is he really our worst out the bunch?

I'll order this

SOD

Manning

Pulis

Osman

Smith

Holden

Miller

DmC

That's the worst to the best of a bad bunch for me

1 minute ago, Wokingham Red said:

I will never forget Derek McInnes’ last match. 
The whole stadium singing “**** off McInnes, Get out of our club” He was sacked after this.

Shame “Manning” only has two syllables 😂

"**** off behaviours, we want some outcomes" would work

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Wokingham Red said:

I will never forget Derek McInnes’ last match. 
The whole stadium singing “**** off McInnes, Get out of our club” He was sacked after this.

Shame “Manning” only has two syllables 😂

Remember seeing us win at Stoke a few years ago when Gary Rowett was on his last legs there and by the end the most prominent chant from their crowd was "Gary Rowett, your football is shit". He was sacked a couple of days afterwards.

Succinct and to the point. It scans for Liam Manning too.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

And get thrown under the bus by LM in his post match interview if it goes wrong ?

LM will say they didn’t follow the plan !

It feels like all instinct and natural flair has been sucked out of the players.

Peobably stepping up and doing something different other than the plan would be seen as too emotional 

I said it on the thread created with almost the same title last week, but players have two choices when they don’t agree with a managers style.

1. They don’t follow the plan and try to do their own thing to influence the game. This is likely even more ineffective unless they are Ronaldo-like in their ability. They are now the problem and easy to blame.

2. They do exactly as the manager says. It makes them look shit, but there’s only one fall guy at the end.

I always used to tell my teammates to stick to 2.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I said it on the thread created with almost the same title last week, but players have two choices when they don’t agree with a managers style.

1. They don’t follow the plan and try to do their own thing to influence the game. This is likely even more ineffective unless they are Ronaldo-like in their ability. They are now the problem and easy to blame.

2. They do exactly as the manager says. It makes them look shit, but there’s only one fall guy at the end.

I always used to tell my teammates to stick to 2.

Agreed, if you want a manager out you do 2 to the letter, no common sense applied.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I'll order this

SOD

Manning

Pulis

Osman

Smith

Holden

Miller

DmC

That's the worst to the best of a bad bunch for me

Manning is worse than SO’D.

Yes the end of the relegation season was terrible and the losing run at the end was extremely depressing but you could at least accept that the ship was sinking way before that because the recruitment had been poor and defensively we were shocking. At least he had a plan that you could see might work. Plus over the summer his recruitment without a nest egg and playing some of the youth (Bryan in particular) was a significant part of what set us up for the successful Cotterill era.

Manning has taken a relatively good team and set of players and made them play much worse. That is unforgivable in a manager/coach.

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

55 minutes ago, Meh said:

I shouted “Tinnion Out, Lansdown must go” at the last game and of the few that heard most ignored me, some looked and a couple of apes told me to FO 🤷🏻‍♂️

You rascal. 

I shouted "eff off Manning and take Lansdown with you "

• Like 2