IGNORED

Get him gone - Give it to Andy King until summer

Shuffle

2 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

King was singled out for praise and is clearly held in high regard by all the players and had a fantastic career. Closest we’ve got to a Pearson disciple although he will come with his own ideas.  King will get us playing with passion and pride as Manning has to go as sucked the energy from players and fans alike.  It won’t happen but personally, I’d give him role as caretaker and reassess managers position in summer. Unlikely to happen but would be the best solution with 8 to go.

And he's a City fan.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I have no idea about Andy King’s managerial prowess, but realistically what’s the worst that could happen?

ATM I'd say Manning getting until the summer to sort it out , then get given our entire budget to piss away.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

King was singled out for praise and is clearly held in high regard by all the players and had a fantastic career. Closest we’ve got to a Pearson disciple although he will come with his own ideas.  King will get us playing with passion and pride as Manning has to go as sucked the energy from players and fans alike. I’d give him role as caretaker and reassess managers position in summer. Unlikely to happen but would be the best solution with 8 to go.

Nice idea but JL wants him gone. Remember he questioned Pearson picking him . 

• Like 1

As crazy as it sounds I genuinely could support this idea, and I cannot believe i'm saying that. 

Gary O'Neil was given a chance at Bournemouth and Wolves and has been brilliant despite todays disappointment.

The fans would support King. Lifelong City fan and all that and could finally unite our fanbase.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Like he knows **** all about anything..

King certainly has a CV that puts anyone else at the club (even Matty James) in the shade.

He’s done his coaching badges & we have absolutely nothing to lose as due to the form of others, we’re virtually safe already.

He’ll manage a club at some point in the next couple of years so why not us now?

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

From what i understand it was Tinnion who ran to JL to complain about King starting (in a game which we won!) Either way it’s a shambles really. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ah ok , didn’t know that. If true , he really is a piece of work tinnion . Ass kisser tinnion 

I seem to remember him taking exception to Danny Wilson getting a good reception on his first return to AG. Always felt the bloke has a strangely inflated ego. 

Its quite scary when you consider someone who failed so spectacularly as a manager at league one level for us has suddenly taken over a more senior position at the club without any real protest. 

Edited by BITW
  • Like 2

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

A proper manager in charge then. Great times. 

Yep , the football was brilliant,  balls out . We had a footballing arrogance . Opponents Walked on the pitch knowing they were beat already . 
Thatmust really piss Lansdown off that cotts wasn’t his choice as well 😂😂 

3 minutes ago, BITW said:

I seem to remember him taking exception to Danny Wilson getting a good reception on his first return to AG. Always felt the bloke has a strangely inflated ego. 

Found a nice home here after being a decent league 1 player . Far from a legend in my eyes . Brilliant left foot but had no pace & his right foot was for standing on . Good player in that Wilson era. Not much more than that though 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Like he knows **** all about anything..

King certainly has a CV that puts anyone else at the club (even Matty James) in the shade.

He’s done his coaching badges & we have absolutely nothing to lose as due to the form of others, we’re virtually safe already.

He’ll manage a club at some point in the next couple of years so why not us now?

Spot on.

I thought it was a crap idea when it was first mentioned as an option , but it's becoming more sensible by the game. 
It could well add some good feeling to the place, I imagine he would be popular with the players and at worst it would give time to find a full time replacement for the start of the break. 

8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ah ok , didn’t know that. If true , he really is a piece of work tinnion . Ass kisser tinnion 

I heard that from someone while they played at the club . 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1