IGNORED

Get him gone - Give it to Andy King until summer

Shuffle

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

At least he's a real boy, made of flesh and blood. We currently have Marvin the paranoid android.

Have you ever seen them in the same room together ? Me either :yes:

alan rickman GIF

Screenshot2024-03-17at07_41_47.png.b8eb87a22fdb9d7f5bbe11cd2f1ebe4b.png

• Like 2

Out: Tinnion, John, Manning.

In: Horseman, Warburton, King/New HC.

Ideally I'd want NP, but I can't see him deciding to work with this lot again, the only reason he did round two with Leicester was change in ownership from Mandaric.

LM has to go, and I like the Idea of AK stepping up. However, it's a massive change to go from "one of the boys" to "the boss" - all of a sudden you can't be everyone's mate.

I'm sure he'd have the support of the dressing room though, and would certainly galvanise the fans. We've got into such a mess in such a short space of time it has to be an option...

• Like 2

I know it’s already been said, but it really does show what a pickle we’ve put ourselves in when Andy King taking charge seems a relatively exciting option.

My only concern would be that he’d get a bit of a bounce and then be given the job permanently despite not being ready for it. He may absolutely be ready for it, of course, but you wouldn’t want a few decent results to create a false impression.

We all know we’ve been there more than once and you couldn’t trust the board to not make the same mistake a third time.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Shuffle said:

King was singled out for praise and is clearly held in high regard by all the players and had a fantastic career. Closest we’ve got to a Pearson disciple although he will come with his own ideas.  King will get us playing with passion and pride as Manning has to go as sucked the energy from players and fans alike. I’d give him role as caretaker and reassess managers position in summer. Unlikely to happen but would be the best solution with 8 to go.

Great post this mate

• Like 1

I would absolutely give King the caretaker role until seasons end. No chance of relegation, we cannot get worse can we? He may surprise a few people. 

It is what we should have evolved to , with Nige, (keeping Curtis and Dave R also ) IMHO. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I would absolutely give King the caretaker role until seasons end. No chance of relegation, we cannot get worse can we? He may surprise a few people. 

It is what we should have evolved to , with Nige, (keeping Curtis and Dave R also ) IMHO. 

It's a similar situation to when Rohl took over at Wed. Nothing to lose, but gives him a platform and low bar to improve from.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I know it’s already been said, but it really does show what a pickle we’ve put ourselves in when Andy King taking charge seems a relatively exciting option.

My only concern would be that he’d get a bit of a bounce and then be given the job permanently despite not being ready for it. He may absolutely be ready for it, of course, but you wouldn’t want a few decent results to create a false impression.

We all know we’ve been there more than once and you couldn’t trust the board to not make the same mistake a third time.

Good points & you’re right, it could be too soon or we find out that he’s not cut out for management.

However the alternative (unless we sack Manning with someone else lined up, which we clearly didn’t do last time) is to do nothing & that’s not an option.

I just don’t get Dean Holden vibes about King, I think he could transition to the dugout quickly, you don’t have the career he’s had without a bit of ruthlessness.

The backdrop is a mess but if you look at Gary O’Neil (I know he had managed for a short spell before) he walked into a shambles at Wolves & has done a brilliant job.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I understood King wants to see out the rest of the season and move back up Leicestershire way. Well that's what his wife said on Social media months ago, and wives tend to get what we want 😀

It’s important that when we have talented football people in the building, we invest time in young players that we can see a future in, and it’s also important that we invest time in talented football people towards the end of their career,” Pearson said. “So what do I mean by that? I think he’s got a future in the game as a coach and probably a manager.

“He’s here, he’s very keen to stay and, you never know, he might manage the club one day. Why not invest time in him? And he’s still got a lot to offer as a player as well. He’s bright enough, he’s got the game understanding, he’s still ambitious – I think he’ll make a good manager.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I understood King wants to see out the rest of the season and move back up Leicestershire way. Well that's what his wife said on Social media months ago, and wives tend to get what we want 😀

He already has his family home up there, he has rented during his time here.

I’m given to understand things could have changed since she made that comment & let’s face it, even if not, if we offered him the head coach job I’d be amazed if someone who knows his playing days are coming to an end turns the opportunity down.

Even if Manning hangs on, I no longer think it is as clear cut that King goes.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Yes, he'd be a novice manager.

But he could and probably would, get a senior almost retired manager as his ASSISTANT. Plenty around. One in Looe and another if he's not moved back up north in Nailsea.

Even Big Joe Jordan is a local resident.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 2

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Yes, he'd be a novice manager.

But he could and probably would, get a senior almost retired manager as his ASSISTANT. Plenty around. One in Looe and another if he's not moved back up north in Nailsea.

Where is Big Joe these days?

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Good points & you’re right, it could be too soon or we find out that he’s not cut out for management.

However the alternative (unless we sack Manning with someone else lined up, which we clearly didn’t do last time) is to do nothing & that’s not an option.

I just don’t get Dean Holden vibes about King, I think he could transition to the dugout quickly, you don’t have the career he’s had without a bit of ruthlessness.

The backdrop is a mess but if you look at Gary O’Neil (I know he had managed for a short spell before) he walked into a shambles at Wolves & has done a brilliant job.

Yeah - I’m not saying it’s a reason not to give it to King, just that it’s a concern.

Bit what isn’t a concern with this lot?!

6 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Yeah - I’m not saying it’s a reason not to give it to King, just that it’s a concern.

Bit what isn’t a concern with this lot?!

Hard agree.

We replaced Pearson with Manning, Fleming with Hogg, Euell with that bearded bloke with the laptop whose name I can never remember & kept Tinnion (when Benny from Crossroads is definitely smarter).

We also have a chairman who despite his Dad’s enormous wealth was probably still in the bottom set at school & sacked a CEO with a great CV & credibility.

Can’t for the life of me understand why it has turned to shit.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Exactly this, he could’ve taken over from Nige in time. What a waste. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Either still about 2 miles from Clifton or perhaps now in Clifton.

Definitely still in Clifton CA.

He moved house a couple of years ago, but stayed in Clifton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manning's in way over his head. The signs of unrest with the players are there. I've said before, Andy King will transform the club and get everyone pulling together.

BT & JL will still be in charge of player pathway & recruitment. Nothing would change there. In fact their ideas would work better.

King is intelligent, articulate and has done most things in the game. The most important attribute he has is respect. I just don't see the experienced James or Wells for example, being told what to do by someone who's done nothing in the game. The worrying signs are there for all to see. Sporadic performances, mixed messages, the hardly inspiring jibberish gobbledegook.

He has to go.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I have no idea about Andy King’s managerial prowess, but realistically what’s the worst that could happen?

Andy would take a look at the set up  and turn us down!

9 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

So the fans want to replace LM with Andy King 😂😂😂😂😂

We talk about the owners never learning 😂😂😂

Comedy. 

I think fans believe that Andy King would be a significant improvement over C3P0. Let's face it, Si King, from the Hairy Bikers, would be a vast upgrade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

So the fans want to replace LM with Andy King 😂😂😂😂😂

We talk about the owners never learning 😂😂😂

Comedy. 

Most fans never wanted to get rid of Pearson and could well imagine the absolute shambles we see unfolding before us, as it’s not that far in to the past that we did something similar, only slightly less egregious.

Removing Manning is very unlikely to happen, but if it was, the cheapest and quickest option is to appoint someone internally and because of the idiotic cull of Pearson and his staff, King is the only creditable option.

Also, bear in mind that the title of the thread is to ask King to take the reins until the end of the season, not give him a 4 year contract.

• Like 3