IGNORED

ASLEF Train strikes for Sunderland away

phantom

• Admin

Those travelling on Cross Country will be impacted by drivers not working "rest days" or "overtime" that weekend

In addition drivers from the following companies are striking that Saturday, Chiltern, GWR, LNER, Northern and TransPennine

I know we have a big away following from London that could have been planning to use LNER

For those travelling from London. Grand Central operate from Kings Cross to Sunderland and are not part of industrial action due to being an open access operator 

They only run a few trains though so you’d need to take the 0748 from Kings Cross and the 1730 back 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Those travelling on Cross Country will be impacted by drivers not working "rest days" or "overtime" that weekend

In addition drivers from the following companies are striking that Saturday, Chiltern, GWR, LNER, Northern and TransPennine

I know we have a big away following from London that could have been planning to use LNER

I have booked Friday and Sunday train from London to Newcastle so hopefully that is ok.  

• Admin
1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I have booked Friday and Sunday train from London to Newcastle so hopefully that is ok.  

I would double check in a couple of days once the timetables have been finalised as these changes were only announced this morning

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

£££££££ bet that ain’t cheap , well worth a weekend on the toon though , love it up there

I'm up there for a long weekend. How does it affect trains when we are up there. I was hoping to go to Edinburgh on Friday or Sunday, not sure which operator that is? Also is the Metro likely to be affected? Anyone have any knowledge or info please?

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm up there for a long weekend. How does it affect trains when we are up there. I was hoping to go to Edinburgh on Friday or Sunday, not sure which operator that is? Also is the Metro likely to be affected? Anyone have any knowledge or info please?

There are a few operators use the Newcastle to Edinburgh route, all of them are effected by this but my guess is there’ll definitely be trains, some may not run meaning others may be busy though.

I don’t think the metro will be affected. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, RedM said:

Lumo operate between London Newcastle and Edinburgh and are open access so not involved in industrial action 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RedM said:

On Friday drivers from the following companies will be on strike:

Avanti West Coast, Crosscountry, East Midlands Trains and West Midlands Trains.

On Saturday drivers from the following companies will be on strike:

Chiltern, GWR, London Northeastern, Transpennine and Northern Trains

There is also an overtime ban in many companies from the Thursday through to the following Tuesday although Sunday appears to be unaffected by industrial action so trains should run normally.

I don’t believe the Metro is affected.

• Thanks 1

• Admin

The comments in this thread that went into the political side of things have been merged into the existing thread discussing rail strikes HERE 

Otherwise please leave this thread to talk about plans to avoid potential travel disruption

When I first looked at the train it was £200 and about 10 changes and 15 hours to get back to Bristol. Checked again today and it's only 3 changes now, overnighting on New Street . I decided not to bother .