IGNORED

Final day’s fixtures

They always show a game or 3 , they would hope that the relegation or even playoffs are still open. WTF didn't they do it straight away? There is no way that Sky would not be showing a game, and they all kick off at the same time that day so I don't get the delay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

if so, it could've been scheduled for 12:30 KO, last June.

Know what you're saying but back last June there was no way of knowing the promotion race was going down to the wire with potential for a dramatic finale. 

They probably thought Leicester were going to walk away with it like Burnley.

Turns out, promotion might be decided on the very last day and also involve big, "sexy" teams that will guarantee an audience.

Imagine if, last June, they'd booked 12:30 in for kick off and then Preston .v. Bristol City was a promotion decider! (Yeah, yeah, I know)   

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I normally dread the last day of the season because the thought of not being able to watch my beloved City or wait nervously on Soccer Saturday to see how our games unfold.

This season, I can't wait for it to be over. What a dreadful few months it has been and more to come unless a trigger or 3 gets pulled before the end of the season!

Edited by supercidered
spelling
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Know what you're saying but back last June there was no way of knowing the promotion race was going down to the wire with potential for a dramatic finale. 

Turns out, promotion might be decided on the very last day and also involve big, "sexy" teams that will guarantee an audience.

Imagine if, last June, they'd booked 12:30 in for kick off and then Preston .v. Bristol City was a promotion decider! (Yeah, yeah, I know)   

They always KO early on the last day don't they?

• Like 3

Whilst we probably have enough points not to be troubling the bottom 3, based on current form, that might not still be the case by the last game of the season.

The only thing that makes this unlikely is that those in the bottom 3 are unlikely to pick up many points either.

Unlikely or mathematical scenarios have happened before though, like the time the Sags were dumped out of the football league 😀

3 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Last time Stoke got relegated from this league on Sky it was utter carnage vs Man City, who also went down? 

I still haven't got over Stoke fans pulling moonies at us as they were getting out of the coach park when they beat us at Wembley.

We were stuck and couldn't move for bloody ages.

Not that I hold grudges but I hope they go down.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst we probably have enough points not to be troubling the bottom 3, based on current form, that might not still be the case by the last game of the season.

The only thing that makes this unlikely is that those in the bottom 3 are unlikely to pick up many points either.

Unlikely or mathematical scenarios have happened before though, like the time the Sags were dumped out of the football league 😀

And i bet we all remember exactly where we were when that magical whistle went and they became Non-League? I do and loved the statue we planned to erect for the Mansfield striker

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Don't know, I thought they were always an early KO on the final day

Yep, been happening for quite a while now.  Basically they move everyone outside the 3pm embargo (sometimes to a Sunday), so they then have free-reign to choose whichever game(s) they want to cover live without having to make a late change to the day / time of fixture.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

And i bet we all remember exactly where we were when that magical whistle went and they became Non-League? I do and loved the statue we planned to erect for the Mansfield striker

Cutting my Mum’s grass, unfortunately the lines weren’t straight due to having fits of laughter!😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

They didn't need to know it was gonna be close, it still may not be even at this stage

There was nothing wrong in them (sky and the league) telling us when the fixtures were announced

Sky would find someway to promote any dead rubber anyway!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I deffo remember where I was  - fxxking heaven 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I definitely do...I was in the Brewhouse in Bath...not too bothered about last day scores, my brother who was over from NZ for my Dads funeral phoned me and told me they had been relegated...my Dad would have been pissing himself with laughter..CTID

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, been happening for quite a while now.  Basically they move everyone outside the 3pm embargo (sometimes to a Sunday), so they then have free-reign to choose whichever game(s) they want to cover live without having to make a late change to the day / time of fixture.

I assumed it would be an early KO as usual. Don’t know why they don’t just publish the time when they put the fixtures out in June though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I only start to relax when we have 53pts. And only relax fully when the arithmetic says we are safe. This season is no different. We still have a bit to do. 

23 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Always? How long has this been a thing?

Modernish times anyway. At this level.

I remember my first season (1998-99), Norwich at Home and all the fixtures kicked off on a Sunday before 3pm.

Last season was 3pm on the Bank Holiday Monday away at QPR.

We don't play at Home on the last day in front of fans so often anyway.. 2018 the last time.

(2020 and 2021 both behind Closed Doors iirc due to Covid-19).

Birmingham 2017 another Sunday non 3pm.

3pm on a Saturday is and has been quite rare for a while now, at this level.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous