IGNORED

Stoke Tickets, just wow.

1960maaan

I was really impressed when I saw this, at least to start with . But thinking about it , our ST's in 2007/08 in the Dolman were £425 apparently . So if this is the same price in 2007 they started higher, as they got promoted to the Prem makes sense , but even so , it shows it can be done . 10 years in the top flight might make it easier not to put prices up, but they must have been tempted since, even though the team haven't done too much. 
 Anyway , that's some freeze .

Screenshot2024-03-21at17_05_13.png.22d492e3c1609bc3dd1f6b6810d3a53e.png

Screenshot2024-03-21at17_08_05.png.63ff1383f3aba6763fbf2042dc693f2b.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

Stoke city centre is incredibly bleak. Makes the most run down commercial area of Bristol look like Oxford St.

Im up here quite a lot.. Its pretty bad in places, but id swap the wedgewood estate and factory and trentham for quite a few places in bristol! They talk like idiots to be fair.

11 hours ago, RedM said:

Isn't it them who do free away travel too, or they did until recently? Great value being a Stoke fan if you disregard the football😃

Still do.

They’ve had a miserable time since relegation from the PL but as they did enjoy 10 years up there, an FA cup final and Europe, I won’t be feeling sorry for them any time soon.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Graham76 said:

Fill a stadium with cheaper tickets and make up the difference on food, drinks and retail sales. Makes good business sense to me. Also better atmosphere 

Hull owner seemed keen on that she  he first joined. He seems somewhat mad though...

Under 16s- £2 tickets.

Seniors- £2 tickets.

Bring a friend but only one if existing season ticket holders- £2 tickets.

That may have been early days to win fans back but he pledged crazy discounts and crazy policies.

£300 Adult ticket and Under 10s come free was another.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-owner-acun-ilicali-7104042

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Screenshot_20240322-120613_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98a50b74635301e68a1e66f806c30071.jpg

He means the Financial Director and CEO I'd say. :laughcont:

I listened to a bit of his inaugural Press Conference and it is hard to tell by Audio but they were looking a bit nervous apparently. Sweating.

I do love the line "I am crazy and they are trying to stop me".

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Those prices are no different to ours 😂

Eh?

Our most expensive adult seat is £700, theirs is £519.

The most you'll pay at Stoke as an over 65 is £399. Here it's £545.

Our cheapest adult and theirs are only £20 different. So we have a similar starting price for adults, but then ours ramps up way more.

Their kids tickets are £23 in every stand. If I want my 4 year old to sit with me that'll cost me £155 next season or I have to move - and then it's still 3x the price.

Our under 22 are decent value in comparison to their U21 in fairness.

Oh... and as a Stoke fan, you'll have got 10 seasons of Premiership football in that time, along with 2 FA cup quarter finals, an FA cup final, 3 League Cup quarter finals, a League Cup semi final, AND Europa League football.

So what's the value for money there, really..?

• Like 6

18 hours ago, SecretSam said:

WTF else is there in Stoke?

The last time I was there some very friendly ladies - although they did make the women in Chasers look like MIss World contestants.  A few beers soon recitified the situation though

Edited by cheese
Cos I can
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hull owner seemed keen on that she  he first joined. He seems somewhat mad though...

Under 16s- £2 tickets.

Seniors- £2 tickets.

Bring a friend but only one if existing season ticket holders- £2 tickets.

That may have been early days to win fans back but he pledged crazy discounts and crazy policies.

£300 Adult ticket and Under 10s come free was another.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-owner-acun-ilicali-7104042

Hull do, or did, the same price range for any stand in the stadium I think. All stands are equal.

46 minutes ago, cheese said:

The last time I was there some very friendly ladies - although they did make the women in Chasers look like MIss World contestants.  A few beers soon recitified the situation though

Why did they need to get drunk?

• Haha 2