IGNORED

TacticAI

Olé

50 minutes ago, Olé said:

@Davefevs the computers are coming for you. An AI model trained with lots of historical corner kick positional data in partnership with Liverpool.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-024-45965-x

Surprised it says Liverpool FC instead of Bristol City FC. 

This has a Liam Manning feel all over it. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Open the podcast door, Hal!

The Manningbot fears it will be shut down so has issued the following statement:

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently Steve, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission*.

[*Whatever it is this week].

• Haha 2

Got to me honest I always thought davefevs and a few others on here were a i  as soon as some one mentioned statics up they would pop and complete baffal me .So it is only right a new age of ai comes along . So in 5 to 10 years these older versions will be in a museum for the younger generation to see how they worked.  Just joking you lads are doing a fine job ,thanks keep it up . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

The Manningbot fears it will be shut down so has issued the following statement:

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently Steve, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission*.

[*Whatever it is this week].

genesis project?? our new fitness head dr McCoy?

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Surprised it says Liverpool FC instead of Bristol City FC. 

This has a Liam Manning feel all over it. 

I heard that a the AI coach was coaching Manning how to pretend to be a human.

18 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

no wonder hes in at 7am if hes got to turn that on  every morning.

why cant he just pull the plug out like most normal humans?

It's the modern, progressive way of doing it.

• Like 1

One of the more interesting examples I’ve seen of AI in sports is using live player tracking to create positional data, that then generates a 3D mirror image of the game. This enables viewers to watch from any camera angle / position - live, or post game (technically even pre-game as a simulation).

Extrapolate this out a couple of seasons to get enough training data and you’d be able to accurately mix and match any players into any team and any team into any league.

You’d be able to answer questions like “How would we have performed if we’d started Bell instead of Conway?” (This could also be done proactively to guide actual team selection), “What impact would prime Messi have had on our 2024 season?”, “Would Messi still be relevant in the modern game (assuming we’re in the future at this point), “Is a particular player, League One at best?”… the possibilities are endless.

Having typed all of that, anyone want to found a startup for this? 🤣