IGNORED

Bristol City - the most boring club in English football

StefanDimz

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

wasn't Ipswich the most boring club at one point?

That was before Mark Ashton went there! :whistle:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

I don't even bother to watch the press conference, nor the pre or post interviews any more. I can't be the only one.

Too right!  
The football’s plenty boring enough on its own, without punishing ourselves even more with the mind numbing pressers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, StefanDimz said:

As per title - Vizeh's take on City

Certainly an accurate assessment, can't argue with much of that. The scary thing is i genuinely feel the Lansdowns are fairly happy with treading water at this level.

We are still averaging well over 20,000 each week at home and we have the brand new stadium and training ground that they have always wanted, plodding in mid-table and the occasional cup run suits them fine IMO.

The problem is as Ipswich showed a few years back, you cannot just keep treading water at this level and will eventually have a poor season and go down. It feels like we are just sleep walking into a relegation sooner or later.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

I’ll preface this by saying I’ve not watched it yet, but there’s been lots of debate about us being “boring” lately - and that stemming back years.

I don’t get it, to be honest.

Only a handful of clubs every season can have success, and a few fight relegation. Having experienced relegation several times I can’t exactly say I long for the “excitement” of a relegation battle.

We’ve established ourselves as a championship side now over the last 20 years when prior to that we were a league one side. We’ve had a playoff final, cup semi final, beaten multiple premier league sides and earned a bit of a refutation for it.

The double winning season was fantastic albeit at a lower level. LJ had us competitive most seasons in and around the playoffs - even if ultimately it tailed off but you can’t call those years boring.

A couple of years of misery after that then Pearson had us competitive again, and I can’t tell you many games I watched under him that I would call “boring”.

Lastlly, I don’t understand how we can be more boring than even a team like Swindon or Rovers nearby - they literally have no chance of reaching this level in their current states, so they’re doing all that 1-2 levels below us. One of thems even been non league.

If anyone thinks promotion from the conference is more exciting than watching us compete at the top of the championship and beating the likes of Man Utd, West Ham, competing with Man City over two legs etc then football isn’t for you.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, ChubStixx said:

I don't even bother to watch the press conference, nor the pre or post interviews any more. I can't be the only one.

Top line looking on YouTube, Manning gets 2-3 thousand views for his interviews. Pearson had 3-5 thousand views. So you’re right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Top line looking on YouTube, Manning gets 2-3 thousand views for his interviews. Pearson had 3-5 thousand views. So you’re right. 

Helps when one doesn't parrot behaviours every 2 minutes.

• Like 1