IGNORED

Numbers Behind The Net

Long story short - skint and likely to fold (eventually).

Unless we can get to the Prem (with the more expensive players, higher wage bills.....)

Can't wait for the land of milk and honey! 

(Clearly this is tongue in cheek!)

Edited by MelksRed

7 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Long story short - skint and likely to fold (eventually).

Unless we can get to the Prem (with the more expensive players, higher wage bills.....)

Can't wait for the land of milk and honey! 

(Clearly this is tongue in cheek!)

If ever we get to the Prem it will be the land of bread and water. 

Someone posted on another thread, can’t find it and can’t remember who… that Nige was possibly fired because the bods panicked because of a financial requirement for this season. I might have misinterpreted or misread the post but it did make me wonder why there was this acute cost saving at the beginning of the season with PA going too. Was it because JL was told there was no more money? The nest egg was put into hibernation? 

Edited by exAtyeoMax

22 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Someone posted on another thread, can’t find it and can’t remember who… that Nige was possibly fired because the bods panicked because of a financial requirement for this season. I might have misinterpreted or misread the post but it did make me wonder why there was this acute cost saving at the beginning of the season with PA going too. Was it because JL was told there was no more money? The nest egg was put into hibernation? 

Nah, just think they were being petty with Nige, and then invented a back story to make it fit, forgetting they’d already said things like “plan a with Alex / plan b without Alex”.

PA didn’t seem comfortable trying to explain it on SOTC.  Not sure whether between him and Nige they decided they’d give slightly different messages to highlight the “hostage” situation!  Nige talking about wages, PA talking about transfer fees in relation to the budget.  Bit like Arnie asking about “wolfie” in Terminator 2, knowing that wasn’t the dog’s name.

A case of “your CEO and Manager are sacked” rather than “Your foster parents are dead”!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, just think they were being petty with Nige, and then invented a back story to make it fit, forgetting they’d already said things like “plan a with Alex / plan b without Alex”.

PA didn’t seem comfortable trying to explain it on SOTC.  Not sure whether between him and Nige they decided they’d give slightly different messages to highlight the “hostage” situation!  Nige talking about wages, PA talking about transfer fees in relation to the budget.  Bit like Arnie asking about “wolfie” in Terminator 2, knowing that wasn’t the dog’s name.

A case of “your CEO and Manager are sacked” rather than “Your foster parents are dead”!! 🤣

Why didn’t they appoint a new CEO then? Why haven’t they appointed a new head of medical?

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure who in our scenario is the "foster parent" , but it sure as shit makes me think that the sacking was mild 😳

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Why didn’t they appoint a new CEO then? Why haven’t they appointed a new head of medical?

My only guess is they needed to keep everything in their “circle of trust”.

No idea on the medical stuff, although I did hear a story they offered one of the roles internally and he turned them down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I get the feeling they have no idea of succession planning .

Once SL undermined PA , it made getting a quality replacement difficult . I think the role is earmarked for BT.  Same in a way for HoM , they will stumble along until someone eventually comes up with a name. We don't have anyone at the Club with the links to know names that would suit.  The person with most Football experience and contacts would be Tinnion and he doesn't strike me as having made lots of close contacts. 
 Pearson had the pull , the network and contacts to rebuild the backroom previously. Manning hasn't built those connections yet IMO. We would be relying on recommendations and again , at the top we don't seem to have an abundance of Football connections. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Once SL undermined PA , it made getting a quality replacement difficult . I think the role is earmarked for BT.  Same in a way for HoM , they will stumble along until someone eventually comes up with a name. We don't have anyone at the Club with the links to know names that would suit.  The person with most Football experience and contacts would be Tinnion and he doesn't strike me as having made lots of close contacts. 
 Pearson had the pull , the network and contacts to rebuild the backroom previously. Manning hasn't built those connections yet IMO. We would be relying on recommendations and again , at the top we don't seem to have an abundance of Football connections. 

The club is trying to do it on the cheap

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Brian Tinnion - nah, no way he can be being groomed as CEO.  CEO isn’t a role for someone with “football experience”.  It’s a “whole of football business” role, not just football - the playing and recruitment side.  It’s completely the wrong role for Tins, nor is he remotely qualified.  Would be as ludicrous a decision as you could make.  

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Brian Tinnion - nah, no way he can be being groomed as CEO.  CEO isn’t a role for someone with “football experience”.  It’s a “whole of football business” role, not just football - the playing and recruitment side.  It’s completely the wrong role for Tins, nor is he remotely qualified.  Would be as ludicrous a decision as you could make.  

So it’s likely to happen then @Davefevs 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

With the way BS handles Commercial deals and ticketing and Ashton Gate Stadium runs itself BCFC shouldn’t need a CEO but it definitely needs to strengthen its footballing ranks either above (unlikely) or below Tinnion to add strength and support not only within recruitment but also to LM. 

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

It's not just Bristol City. Football, as a business is financially unsustainable. 

In any other field, dozens of clubs would face bankruptcy.

Correct. Haven't watched the video but I intend to.

People say "Oh in what other Sector can Business Owners be told what they can and cannot spend on their Business".

*The obvious rebuttal is that in what other Sector does a Business need (many clubs) persistent Cash, Equity top ups or loans to keep on trading.

*=Excluding the first few years of an Investment cycle under new ownership, incurring some major losses to reach a Balance, Breakeven and Profitability.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why not keep the ludicrous decisions going , we’re quite good at them arnt we Dave 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

It's not just Bristol City. Football, as a business is financially unsustainable. 

In any other field, dozens of clubs would face bankruptcy.

I should also add, this will sound harsh but the fans are absolutely part of the issue at times.

"Spend, spend"

"That extra player"

Etc.

Weak or reckless owners can lead or go along with it. Calculated gamble v reckless is always a matter of debate of course.

Look at Reading and Dai Yongge. Live Fast Dai Yongge was across the Internet when times were good. Turning down bids for players, swerving FFP through loopholes until they crashed spectacularly 3 years ago.

This is why my sympathy is somewhat tempered. Not just Reading but a lot of clubs.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous