IGNORED

Birmingham to get a new ground?

phantom

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair. Mixture of hoping for us to gain the best advantage, mixture of thinking reciprocation is a good thing. Offset by the financials sure but they really annoy me

Hopefully they'll go down anyway. Huddeddieod away could be a decider for both albeit the negative there is it is one less nearish away game.

I could understand it if there was any home advantage at Ashton Gate, but there isn't really in my opinion. It's sterile, the atmosphere is poor, we are constantly outsung as a result of design decisions (placement of away fans, placement of the safe standing area) apathy and a changing demographic of who goes to football. Take the money I say, unless/until the factors that contribute to a poor atmosphere are corrected. 

1 hour ago, 38MC said:

I could understand it if there was any home advantage at Ashton Gate, but there isn't really in my opinion. It's sterile, the atmosphere is poor, we are constantly outsung as a result of design decisions (placement of away fans, placement of the safe standing area) apathy and a changing demographic of who goes to football. Take the money I say, unless/until the factors that contribute to a poor atmosphere are corrected. 

My take is every little helps, have to start somewhere. Reciprocal Allocations seems equitable to me. Cutting by 1/3 say reduced that advantage a tad.

However I totally agree on the wider point, our Safe Standing area is too small and poorly placed. Apathy well blame the hierarchy and yes demographic has played a role decade on decade steadily changing since the early 1990s..that's across the board really. 

I enjoyed one or two atmospheres this season but not many. Plymouth, Southampton, West Ham, Nottingham Forest. Any others?

Seemed to rally the side a bit v WBA and late on v Ipswich too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

@PHILINFRANCE

Perhaps not the best platform for my post but basically Birmingham give 2k or thereabouts to away fans as EFL rules entitle.

We should therefore reciprocate IMO. If clubs give us a decent allocation ditto.

I dunno why I tagged Jerry in it, he has become quite lesser spotted in recent months on here at least. Probably the fault of his hierarchy but.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous