IGNORED

Coming up

redkev

Couple of things ,

looks like some big teams coming up from league 1 next year 

Pompey ( that will be lively ) Derby & Bolton  . 
another point firstly why is Max Bird coming to us surely Derby are a bigger club , also is he injured already I have looked at the team sheets for the last month or so and he not in line ups or on bench 

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

Couple of things ,

another point firstly why is Max Bird coming to us surely Derby are a bigger club , also is he injured already I have looked at the team sheets for the last month or so and he not in line ups or on bench 

Yep Bird is currently out injured 

19 minutes ago, redkev said:

Couple of things ,

Don't fret, mate, they was equally as "big" when they went down. Sheffield Wednesday are bleedin' massive, whether they're going up or down.

Next season is not so much about how "big" the other teams are - although, having said that, I'd like Rotherham in this division every time we're in it - it’s about us and what we do with what we've got. Look what we've done today.

One of the three coming up will likely struggle in the bottom 4 or 5. The bigger they are, the bigger the muddle they can get themselves in.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

27 minutes ago, redkev said:

Couple of things ,

Derby are not a bigger club than us for a start,they might have been in the top league more than us but don’t confuse the 2

• Hmmm 2

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Derby are not a bigger club than us for a start,they might have been in the top league more than us but don’t confuse the 2

Derby are bigger than us in just about every area, apart from current league position, much as it pains me to say it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They most certainly are on every count bar the fact that they are currently in the division below, 

They regularly get 30000 at Pride Park and have a history of achievement at the highest level that we can only dream about. 
I would love to become a bigger club than them but we have a blooming long way to go. 

Which was my point,if we had any sustained years at the top level we would be maximising out non stop as well 

13 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Derby are bigger than us in just about every area, apart from current league position, much as it pains me to say it.

History wise they are no doubt but let’s not take the figures they get at home because the gate was a sell out today dispite the numerous empty seats 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Which was my point,if we had any sustained years at the top level we would be maximising out non stop as well 

They’ve won the title twice , runners up three times . European cup semi finalists & won the FA cup. Apart from that , yeah we’re a bigger club 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

History wise they are no doubt but let’s not take the figures they get at home because the gate was a sell out today dispite the numerous empty seats 

I think their average this season is higher than ours, though ours is certainly getting better. Their stadium is bigger too isnt it, plus only having 1 club in a decent sized catchment area helps?!

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I think their average this season is higher than ours, though ours is certainly getting better. Their stadium is bigger too isnt it, plus only having 1 club in a decent sized catchment area helps?!

At this point we have a a very big catchment area. Bristol, South Bristol in particular, is seeing big population growth. There is a reason why they are adding an extra constituency to Bristol in the boundary changes. Rovers are an increasingly limited draw. Somerset is a big county. Bath has a non league club. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I think the fan base might say differently & there history 

Edited by redkev

21 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Depends if you live in the past i imagine 

It’s not living in the past though is it. 
Liverpool , Man Utd, Arsenal are massive because they’ve won dozens of trophy’s over decades . Therefore history defines them as huge clubs . If you lived in the past & took their trophy’s away they wouldn’t be as big as they are would they. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

... so they're bigger than us?