IGNORED

Coming up

redkev

2 hours ago, redkev said:

Couple of things ,

looks like some big teams coming up from league 1 next year 

Pompey ( that will be lively ) Derby & Bolton  . 
another point firstly why is Max Bird coming to us surely Derby are a bigger club , also is he injured already I have looked at the team sheets for the last month or so and he not in line ups or on bench 

What makes them big?

Just because they spent a few seasons in the Prem doesn’t constitute being a big club. 

Traditional old club maybe?

If you want to be a big club these days then look at the top 6 in the Premier league 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Fanbase has little to do with it . Would you class Newcastle as big a club as Liverpool because they get similar sized crowds ? 

No because Liverpool have multiples upon multiples of the number of fans Newcastle have 

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

What makes them big?

Just because they spent a few seasons in the Prem doesn’t constitute being a big club. 

Traditional old club maybe?

If you want to be a big club these days then look at the top 6 in the Premier league 

Don’t try reasoning with them because you are pissing in the wind 

Just now, Simon bristol said:

You must be so proud

As in ?

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ok  that’s  one club . At least they have a history of achievement 

So do Pompey. Premier League and an FA Cup Final recently, ish. But are they bigger than us? Restricted home capacity and competition from Saints locally. 

Bolton have suffered from overspending when they were overachieving under Big Sam. Another in the shadow of Manchester. 

Wigan are ex Premier League and won the FA Cup.  

What makes us a bigger club than any of these? I'd say that potentially were bigger than all of them. 

Just potentially though

2 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

So do Pompey. Premier League and an FA Cup Final recently, ish. But are they bigger than us? Restricted home capacity and competition from Saints locally. 

Bolton have suffered from overspending when they were overachieving under Big Sam. Another in the shadow of Manchester. 

What makes us a bigger club than any of these? I'd say that potentially were bigger than all of them. 

Just potentially though

It’s nonsense when you just go on history 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harvey54 said:

Just potentially though

Yeah , we’ve had potential for 130 years near enough . Means nothing  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Exactly,can you remember us making the FA Cup final 

It was in 1909. We lost 1-0 to Man United. I seem to remember I was seven years old, but my memory Is not what it was.

Edited by Redland
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Exactly,can you remember us making the FA Cup final 

That’s not winning a trophy is it . I notice you didn’t reply to my to my Liverpool, Man U & Arsenal post. 
when in a hole , stop digging . 
also , you do realise that the team we lost to have gone on to create a dynasty in English football. It might not of happened (probably would) with out that first win . Therefore history defines a club 

Edited by steviestevieneville

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s not winning a trophy is it . I notice you didn’t reply to my to my Liverpool, Man U & Arsenal post. 
when in a hole , stop digging . 
also , you do realise that the team we lost to have gone on to create a dynasty in English football. It might not of happened (probably would) with out that first win . Therefore history defines a club 

With all due respect there has been loads of posts on here and you expect me to see everything you post and pick it out

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

With all due respect there has been loads of posts on here and you expect me to see everything you post and pick it out

Well you’ve replied to everyone except that one . It’s all subjective I get that . I just don’t understand the argument of a club is bigger than another in the here & now because like I said history defines them. There are small , medium , big clubs . Then the likes of Man U , Liverpool , Arsenal , a largely un forgotten but original “big four” Everton . All,  plus others have won massive honours consistently . They couldn’t be big clubs if they didn’t have the history to back it up . 
in 130 years , we’ve had 9 seasons on the top flight & one fa cup final . Compared to the gas we’re Real Madrid . The reality is unfortunately , we’re a small club 

in Europe , would you say Ajax are a big club . Today no , but their academy , winning four European cups  & along with the national side total football of the 70’s have been a big part of the European cup. Just like Blackpool , Preston , Huddersfield with their history have been a massive part of football league history .  

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well you’ve replied to everyone except that one . It’s all subjective I get that . I just don’t understand the argument of a club is bigger than another in the here & now because like I said history defines them. There are small , medium , big clubs . Then the likes of Man U , Liverpool , Arsenal , a largely un forgotten but original “big four” Everton . All,  plus others have won massive honours consistently . They couldn’t be big clubs if they didn’t have the history to back it up . 
in 130 years , we’ve had 9 seasons on the top flight & one fa cup final . Compared to the gas we’re Real Madrid . The reality is unfortunately , we’re a small club 

in Europe , would you say Ajax are a big club . Today no , but their academy , winning four European cups  & along with the national side total football of the 70’s have been a big part of the European cup. Just like Blackpool , Preston , Huddersfield with their history have been a massive part of football league history .  

So what is your point and please don’t send another novel telling us what we already knew 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

13 hours ago, redkev said:

On another point for next year are the Murphy stokes & Bird first teamers or yet more for the future 

To be honest, I’m currently waiting for someone to show me definitive evidence that Murphy even exists. I’m starting to fear that St Pat’s created an AI player, CGI’d him into some highlights reels and we fell for it hook, line and sinker…