IGNORED

FBC Podcast: Leicester City [H] the verdict ...... we got a performance and now we just need consistency

headhunter

Live on You Tube @ 6.00 then on Spotify etc later this evening

Can't deny the fact that City deserved all three points against a Leicester side who have now lost 4 of their last 6 games and in so doing might have to settle for a play-off spot despite leading the division for months.

Manning changed the formation which meant the left side was strong with Pring & the impressive Roberts. Mehemti was at his most infuriating but he capped his performance with a well struck winning goal.

Max O'Leary deserves praise for some fine saves and even his distribution was on point today.

What's the view on Twine and Conway for that matter - should we sign the former whilst did our Scottish U21 put some ££££ on his value based on today's performance.

Andrew Kitchen the ref, what a disgrace - showed unbelievable "big team" favouritism 

Overall though one swallow does not a summer make but things aren't perhaps as bad as some of us are making out?

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

9 minutes ago, Henry said:

Can’t wait for Ian ‘I told you so’ Gay even though he was calling for the manager to be sacked during the last episode.

Ian would be a brave boy to go down that route this early on after one game  😂 

11 minutes ago, Henry said:

Can’t wait for Ian ‘I told you so’ Gay even though he was calling for the manager to be sacked during the last episode.

Wasn't it more along the lines of "If you want to get rid of the bloke, fine - but do it now. But personally, I would keep him"

Edited by PortInTheMorning

3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Ian would be a brave boy to go down that route this early on after one game  😂 

Only have to look at his Twitter, he likes deleting his tweets but he can’t delete his the episode.

3 minutes ago, PortInTheMorning said:

Wasn't it more along the lines of "If you want to get rid of the bloke, fine - but do it now. But personally, I would keep him"

not from what I remember.

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did we deserve to win? With Leicesters numerous clear cut chances that they missed? 

Yes we did.

With a less biased referee we’d have had at least one penalty as well.

• Like 11
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did we deserve to win? With Leicesters numerous clear cut chances that they missed? 

We do have consistency. We can consistenly put in decent performances against the better teams but then also consistently put in poor performances against the not so good teams.

I think we earned the win, yes. Don’t get me wrong my view on Manning hasn’t changed, however it was far better than what we’ve been used to for quite sometime (appreciate that’s not difficult!). 

• Like 5

I think we all deserve to have a little fun; perhaps at the negative **** who seem to think the only point of this forum is criticize my/our club we support. We could start a new threat naming & shaming those who find think it's hilarious to be smug & highly critical of our management and all good things BCFC

Lets start naming Silvio, BCFC 31, Cloudy, Uno, Ivan - all these people who will NOT read this post because it will make them chew so much humble pie they will hate waking up tomorrow to realize what total chumps they've made themselves look, that we did beat a Prem club with a bench today worth £95m, that Liam has yet again shown the football world he is smart and can get an average team to beat the best. I loved today even more knowing those we can name will have a horrible day; lets hope they also have a horrible day on Monday when they'll be unable to roll out their pre-written and predictable complaints about all those guys who do so much to help BCFC. I think a few of them will be man enough to own up and say we were again a good team today, all playing for the shirt, in front of a sell-out crowd at our great stadium and where Bristol Sport did absolutely nothing wrong.

Oh, and by the way anyone who enjoyed today and posts positively may be told by the neggies that they work for B.Sport - hilarious

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 8

What today told me was that we need a quality striker. Not going to be easy but we need to keep Conway and get guaranteed goals. 

Defensively sound, interesting young additions coming into midfield and now we need a goalscorer 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I think we all deserve to have a little fun; perhaps at the negative **** who seem to think the only point of this forum is criticize my/our club we support. We could start a new threat naming & shaming those who find think it's hilarious to be smug & highly critical of our management and all good things BCFC

Lets start naming Silvio, BCFC 31, Cloudy, Uno, Ivan - all these people who will NOT read this post because it will make them chew so much humble pie they will hate waking up tomorrow to realize what total chumps they've made themselves look, that we did beat a Prem club with a bench today worth £95m, that Liam has yet again shown the football world he is smart and can get an average team to beat the best. I loved today even more knowing those we can name will have a horrible day; lets hope they also have a horrible day on Monday when they'll be unable to roll out their pre-written and predictable complaints about all those guys who do so much to help BCFC. I think a few of them will be man enough to own up and say we were again a good team today, all playing for the shirt, in front of a sell-out crowd at our great stadium and where Bristol Sport did absolutely nothing wrong.

Oh, and by the way anyone who enjoyed today and posts positively may be told by the neggies that they work for B.Sport - hilarious

I I Jon lansdowns had a drink 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I enjoyed today and I've been vocal against Manning recently but that's because I was firmly in the pro Pearson camp. The team stepped up to the plate today. I might argue that Leicester weren't at their best but we had a game plan and that's credit to the manager. 

I've accepted for a while that Manning’s going nowhere until at least October next season. He needs a transfer window, a preseason and time to set his ideas and after today he's going to get that.

I'm happy to be proven wrong because I love my football club. What I don't want is another streaky Lee. One good result doesn't paper over QPR and Sheff Wed's. That's where we need to improve. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We do have consistency. We can consistenly put in decent performances against the better teams but then also consistently put in poor performances against the not so good teams.

We looked to have two penalties that should have been given 

1 hour ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Seagull - ying

Cole - yang

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

I note that you don't give reactions, any reason why? Just wondering, plenty that you support, and much that you are against.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Talk about one swallow, I think I’ve just heard the first cuckoo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not sure about missed. Yes there was a glance off the post et al, however O Leary was outstanding! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I shouldn't react really but as I said in the matchday thread yesterday was a thoroughly enjoyable game of football. You will be very disappointed to know I was a buzzing about watching that 90 minutes yesterday as I was disappointed against Swansea when I ****** off after and hour and Cardiff when I pissed off after 70 minutes. Like "almost" all of us on here I put my money INTO the club, I don't take it out as an Employee. I come on this forum because I enjoy the debate, not because my boss has told me to spin some positive stuff about the club.

The problem with people like you is you are one dimensional. I could write a diatribe, when we lose to people like Cardiff, mentioning you and saying I bet the BS Employee doesn't criticise that blah blah blah. In the same way you laud Liam now I didn't notice you criticise that batch of awful performances for weeks in a row. Whereas pretty much all of the posters above including myself who are critical of what Manning has dished up have commented positively on yesterday to balance the negative criticism of weeks on end previously (because performances have warranted it). What you are criticising is actually WHAT YOU ARE.

Liam has proved he can "beat the best" in the Championship but, unfortunately, he's also proved he can get beat by the worst.........on a regular basis (weeks in a row in fact). If and when he proves over the next seven games that he can set his team up to beat lower ranked sides you might start to chirp a bit louder. Let's see what happens. Btw has your little list of posters been passed on to your boss?

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

10 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Top tip. If you want me to read something then tag me in it. You’re right - I won’t read posts unless I come across them when they’re on an unrelated thread. 

Even topper tip: You could read a post I made before this where I said we played well and gave credit, so no humble pie needed here

Even topper, topper tip: You might be taken seriously if every post you made didn’t praise Liam and Brian to such a huge extent that you believe they’re the combined second coming of Clough and Ferguson

Even topper, topper, topper tip: There are people who can help you. If you genuinely believe that people like myself who have had a season ticket for decades had a bad day yesterday, or are travelling to Plymouth hoping for a bad day, you’re genuinely unhinged and should take some help.

Even topper, topper, topper, topper tip: Jon’s warmed the bed up now. You’d best get back there.

• Like 9
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Top tip. If you want me to read something then tag me in it. You’re right - I won’t read posts unless I come across them when they’re on an unrelated thread. 

Even topper tip: You could read a post I made before this where I said we played well and gave credit, so no humble pie needed here

Even topper, topper tip: You might be taken seriously if every post you made didn’t praise Liam and Brian to such a huge extent that you believe they’re the combined second coming of Clough and Ferguson

Even topper, topper, topper tip: There are people who can help you. If you genuinely believe that people like myself who have had a season ticket for decades had a bad day yesterday, or are travelling to Plymouth hoping for a bad day, you’re genuinely unhinged and should take some help.

Even topper, topper, topper, topper tip: Jon’s warmed the bed up now. You’d best get back there.

He’s joined my ignore list mate.

Absolute ***.

• Like 4

A couple of factors the players have had a good rest over the intenational break,we looked full  of energy A punishing schedule and injuries has'nt helped this season.Playing pring and Roberts together strengthened the left side.(something we should have done a long time ago)Now back to the grind we played friday but fans need their holiday football entertainment so we go again monday.

• Like 2

This episode is now on Spotify etc.

https://shows.acast.com/forever-bristol/episodes/leicester-city-h-the-verdict-we-got-a-performance-now-we-jus 

On to Monday - can we beat the lowly Pilgrims and by doing so show we can beat sides below us in the table??

Our Argyle [A] review episode will be recorded live @ 6.00 on Monday.

11 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Have you all forgot, the schools have broken up and this kid must have an essay assignment