IGNORED

FBC Podcast: Leicester City [H] the verdict ...... we got a performance and now we just need consistency

headhunter

Much improved, moved the ball quicker and some great performances so taking it for what it was and see what happens next as we’ve been here before!

Other takeaways:

- Knight now needs to be played in the midfield alongside James for rest of the season (bar injury)

- if James wants to stay then let’s get the contract sorted

- Fully fit Twine could be a great signing 

- £4.95 for a pint of coke is a disgrace

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I think we all deserve to have a little fun; perhaps at the negative **** who seem to think the only point of this forum is criticize my/our club we support. We could start a new threat naming & shaming those who find think it's hilarious to be smug & highly critical of our management and all good things BCFC

Lets start naming Silvio, BCFC 31, Cloudy, Uno, Ivan - all these people who will NOT read this post because it will make them chew so much humble pie they will hate waking up tomorrow to realize what total chumps they've made themselves look, that we did beat a Prem club with a bench today worth £95m, that Liam has yet again shown the football world he is smart and can get an average team to beat the best. I loved today even more knowing those we can name will have a horrible day; lets hope they also have a horrible day on Monday when they'll be unable to roll out their pre-written and predictable complaints about all those guys who do so much to help BCFC. I think a few of them will be man enough to own up and say we were again a good team today, all playing for the shirt, in front of a sell-out crowd at our great stadium and where Bristol Sport did absolutely nothing wrong.

Oh, and by the way anyone who enjoyed today and posts positively may be told by the neggies that they work for B.Sport - hilarious

Just say No!

I have been a critic on here of LM, but like Silvio I am still passionate about my team. I thought we played very well yesterday and credit to Liam Manning for that. For a few years now top teams have come to Ashton Gate and left with the points and hardly a glove laid upon them as we accept it due to the discrepancy of the parachute payments. Credit where it's due, Liam Manning has addressed that and we are not only competing with them but beating two of the three 100% pp clubs this season.

The boss also seems to have listened to the cry from us for entertainment as from kick off yesterday we went for the jugular. That is what we want. If Liam takes on board our criticisms and works to address them then that is a positive that we all welcome as it will mean the experience of watching City has become an enthralling one and we will be climbing the table.

I would love nothing more than for Manning to be successful in his post here and I would even tell the bloke to his face while City are celebrating promotion to the top flight that I wanted him gone during his early tenure but commend him for turning things around and learning from mistakes.

However, as others have said, he has a very good record against the top teams and those in the top flight, it's the bread and butter fixtures where we have struggled and stunk the place out and there are far more of those in a season to negotiate. Once that is addressed and we are picking up the points, by and large, we should be and for the most part playing decent football, then I will think he has turned the corner and I will be changing my opinion. I sincerely hope that is the case.

I would like to think if that occurred it would be in no small part due to the manager reacting to valid criticism. It's because we love our club that we air our concerns. It's when we become indifferent as supporters that there's more to worry about.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, headhunter said:

Live on You Tube @ 6.00 then on Spotify etc later this evening

Can't deny the fact that City deserved all three points against a Leicester side who have now lost 4 of their last 6 games and in so doing might have to settle for a play-off spot despite leading the division for months.

Manning changed the formation which meant the left side was strong with Pring & the impressive Roberts. Mehemti was at his most infuriating but he capped his performance with a well struck winning goal.

Max O'Leary deserves praise for some fine saves and even his distribution was on point today.

What's the view on Twine and Conway for that matter - should we sign the former whilst did our Scottish U21 put some ££££ on his value based on today's performance.

Andrew Kitchen the ref, what a disgrace - showed unbelievable "big team" favouritism 

Overall though one swallow does not a summer make but things aren't perhaps as bad as some of us are making out?

Good points towards the end of the pod about the bitter, personal and relentless negativity (it’s embarrassing) and ‘learning on the job.’ If you’re not learning on the job, you’re not doing your job. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He’s joined my ignore list mate.

Absolute ***.

My list has swelled of late.

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I have been a critic on here of LM, but like Silvio I am still passionate about my team. I thought we played very well yesterday and credit to Liam Manning for that. For a few years now top teams have come to Ashton Gate and left with the points and hardly a glove laid upon them as we accept it due to the discrepancy of the parachute payments. Credit where it's due, Liam Manning has addressed that and we are not only competing with them but beating two of the three 100% pp clubs this season.

The boss also seems to have listened to the cry from us for entertainment as from kick off yesterday we went for the jugular. That is what we want. If Liam takes on board our criticisms and works to address them then that is a positive that we all welcome as it will mean the experience of watching City has become an enthralling one and we will be climbing the table.

I would love nothing more than for Manning to be successful in his post here and I would even tell the bloke to his face while City are celebrating promotion to the top flight that I wanted him gone during his early tenure but commend him for turning things around and learning from mistakes.

However, as others have said, he has a very good record against the top teams and those in the top flight, it's the bread and butter fixtures where we have struggled and stunk the place out and there are far more of those in a season to negotiate. Once that is addressed and we are picking up the points, by and large, we should be and for the most part playing decent football, then I will think he has turned the corner and I will be changing my opinion. I sincerely hope that is the case.

I would like to think if that occurred it would be in no small part due to the manager reacting to valid criticism. It's because we love our club that we air our concerns. It's when we become indifferent as supporters that there's more to worry about.

FWIW I reckon it’s not the cries from us fans per se, but cries from within the squad…in part because he’s under pressure!

Re bold bits.  Exactly my sentiments.  It’s bloody hard to have reached the conclusion I have, nor have I changed that on yesterday, because yesterday was different to Southampton.  Dare I say it that yesterday was “front foot”?

+++++

Does Sam Bell get the credit for the game plan yesterday? 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good pod.

@Curr Avon if people want to be critical that is there prerogative, recently there has been plenty to be critical of.

Ian right re finances / recruitment - Latham miles off the mark.

Ian also right about Tinnion fronting up.  As he said shows the others are hiding.

20 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I think we all deserve to have a little fun; perhaps at the negative **** who seem to think the only point of this forum is criticize my/our club we support. We could start a new threat naming & shaming those who find think it's hilarious to be smug & highly critical of our management and all good things BCFC

Lets start naming Silvio, BCFC 31, Cloudy, Uno, Ivan - all these people who will NOT read this post because it will make them chew so much humble pie they will hate waking up tomorrow to realize what total chumps they've made themselves look, that we did beat a Prem club with a bench today worth £95m, that Liam has yet again shown the football world he is smart and can get an average team to beat the best. I loved today even more knowing those we can name will have a horrible day; lets hope they also have a horrible day on Monday when they'll be unable to roll out their pre-written and predictable complaints about all those guys who do so much to help BCFC. I think a few of them will be man enough to own up and say we were again a good team today, all playing for the shirt, in front of a sell-out crowd at our great stadium and where Bristol Sport did absolutely nothing wrong.

Oh, and by the way anyone who enjoyed today and posts positively may be told by the neggies that they work for B.Sport - hilarious

What. A. ****.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

When we beat the likes of QPR etc then please feel free to come back and you'd have a point. 

I think where you're going wrong is that the people you mention and myself are coming not from a place of negativity but from a place of wanting the best for Bristol City. The fact you cant understand that very simple concept suggests a lot. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, headhunter said:

Live on You Tube @ 6.00 then on Spotify etc later this evening

Can't deny the fact that City deserved all three points against a Leicester side who have now lost 4 of their last 6 games and in so doing might have to settle for a play-off spot despite leading the division for months.

Manning changed the formation which meant the left side was strong with Pring & the impressive Roberts. Mehemti was at his most infuriating but he capped his performance with a well struck winning goal.

Max O'Leary deserves praise for some fine saves and even his distribution was on point today.

What's the view on Twine and Conway for that matter - should we sign the former whilst did our Scottish U21 put some ££££ on his value based on today's performance.

Andrew Kitchen the ref, what a disgrace - showed unbelievable "big team" favouritism 

Overall though one swallow does not a summer make but things aren't perhaps as bad as some of us are making out?

I'm not going to comment on yesterday's match until after the game at Home Park.

Apart from an agreement with your mention of the referee. He appeared to me, almost as soon as the game started, as very quick to penalise us when there was any contact at all but unable to see any of the same from Leicester.

In days gone past cash managed to get stuck to a ref's hand as an encouragement to help one side. Not heard of it mentioned for a long time but I sometimes wonder over the last four or five years if it still exists.

Where there's cash, there is always an opportunity for fiddling so why not referees?

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Be careful, I did that with "Travis" who then transformed into "chased by mods".....

And got banned for it (short I know) but nevertheless, banned.

Nah. 

He's looking for reactions.

He'll get them.

On 29/03/2024 at 20:52, Cole Not Gas said:

That’s the one sinister thing about this post. Sounds much like today’s society where if someone thinks the opposite of you, shut them up name and shame and cancel them. 
 And for what it’s worth loving the game isn’t exclusive to you. 

On 29/03/2024 at 20:52, Cole Not Gas said:

We all enjoyed the win and credit where it’s due, but one swallow doesn’t make a summer. I’m looking forward to you posting if we lose to Plymouth or Blackburn or Rotherham for instance. I’m sure you’ll show balance and say how poorly we’ve played. We all want City to succeed it’s just some of us, based on his record since joining us to date, don’t think LM is the answer. Loyalty to our club, doesn’t mean blind loyalty to a head coach who as of yet hasn’t earned it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ashtongreight said:

We all enjoyed the win and credit where it’s due, but one swallow doesn’t make a summer. I’m looking forward to you posting if we lose to Plymouth or Blackburn or Rotherham for instance. I’m sure you’ll show balance and say how poorly we’ve played. We all want City to succeed it’s just some of us, based on his record since joining us to date, don’t think LM is the answer. Loyalty to our club, doesn’t mean blind loyalty to a head coach who as of yet hasn’t earned it.

Hopefully his account will be closed by then!