IGNORED

Today’s other games

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Such a spawny team with all these late winners 

I know it's down to attitude rather than luck but they've got so many more points than their true level 

Yep, their 51 from 21 games was clearly an overperformance.

Enabled them to weather the inevitable rocky spell.

Their lack of injuries to key players is quite incredible. 40 League games the starting point, Appearances then starts- will update in a second..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Have to admire their philosophy. They keep the temp and momentum all the way till the final whistle. As a result, they make their own luck.

Ashton aside, I hope they go up. It's just a shame he's there, but they do play an exciting brand of football. 

• Like 4

Hladky- 40 (40 Starts)

Clarke- 32 (24 Starts)

Woolfenden- 36 (36 Starts)

Burgess- 33 (32 Starts)

Davis- 37 (37 Starts)

Luongo- 37 (32 Starts)

Morsy- 36 (32 Starts)

Broadhead- 34 (26 Starts)

Chaplin- 39 (38 Starts)

Burns- 32 (28 Starts)

Hirst- 23 (22 Starts)

In addition, unsure that Travis, Sariamento, Moore, Al-Hamadi have had any absence or injuries save for today between them since January. Truly remarkable in this League, this era..Moore and Al-Hamadi were in part due to the Hirst injury.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Leif Davis for England?

Ipswich have a relatively poor defence and he is a big part of that. Quality going forwards, shortcomings defensively.

But Ipswich are so Spawny. Morsi did enough to pick up two yellows 1st half, Southampton get an incredibly dubious red, and a scrambled winner. Not sure where they are right now with ffp but assume they need to go up now as they are punching above their quality and got to feel its a bit  now or never for them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kit said:

Ipswich have a relatively poor defence and he is a big part of that. Quality going forwards, shortcomings defensively.

But Ipswich are so Spawny. Morsi did enough to pick up two yellows 1st half, Southampton get an incredibly dubious red, and a scrambled winner. Not sure where they are right now with ffp but assume they need to go up now as they are punching above their quality and got to feel its a bit  now or never for them.

I hope you only mean spawny tonight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kit said:

Behave yourself. And that goes for everyone else saying Ipswich are "lucky".

McKenna has taken charge of 125 games now for Ipswich, winning 73, drawing 33, and losing just 19.

19 defeats in 125 games.

That is absolutely absurd. And to top it off they play some of the most exciting football in the division.

They have a bunch of average/good players for this level and are greater than the sum of their parts - that's called great coaching and management.

If they go up automatically then it's a quite magnificent achievement to do a double promotion against parachute payments clubs in this era. 

I understand the Ashton issue but for the good of football I'd rather have them promoted than any of the clubs relegated last season. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Behave yourself. And that goes for everyone else saying Ipswich are "lucky".

McKenna has taken charge of 125 games now for Ipswich, winning 73, drawing 33, and losing just 19.

19 defeats in 125 games.

That is absolutely absurd. And to top it off they play some of the most exciting football in the division.

They have a bunch of average/good players for this level and are greater than the sum of their parts - that's called great coaching and management.

If they go up automatically then it's a quite magnificent achievement to do a double promotion against parachute payments clubs in this era. 

I understand the Ashton issue but for the good of football I'd rather have them promoted than any of the clubs relegated last season. 

Absolutely! If you are in the top 3 at this stage it’s deserved, especially as McKenna has managed them out of a little wobble. The times I’ve seen them play on the box, it’s an entertaining fixture. Good on them. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kit said:

Ben Bloom (Ipswich Vlogger) admits that they have courted "lady luck" many times this season !