IGNORED

Today’s other games

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They're riding it a bit, replicate this season 20 times it won't be repeated to this level and especially..51/21.

They're top of the division after FORTY games. Hell of a run of luck.

Almost like there's more intangible aspects to successful football teams... 

• Like 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

They're top of the division after FORTY games. Hell of a run of luck.

Almost like there's more intangible aspects to successful football teams... 

Still time to drop to 3rd and loss the playoffs.

Norwich, Coventry, Hull away- we go again.

I'm not convinced that their true level is top 2.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Behave yourself. And that goes for everyone else saying Ipswich are "lucky".

McKenna has taken charge of 125 games now for Ipswich, winning 73, drawing 33, and losing just 19.

19 defeats in 125 games.

That is absolutely absurd. And to top it off they play some of the most exciting football in the division.

They have a bunch of average/good players for this level and are greater than the sum of their parts - that's called great coaching and management.

If they go up automatically then it's a quite magnificent achievement to do a double promotion against parachute payments clubs in this era. 

I understand the Ashton issue but for the good of football I'd rather have them promoted than any of the clubs relegated last season. 

Which is incredible seeing as he only won 2 of his first 12. 👀👀👀👀👀👀

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still time to drop to 3rd and loss the playoffs.

Norwich, Coventry, Hull away- we go again.

I'm not convinced that their true level is top 2.

Well their level is definitely top 3, as they won't finish lower than that, which ain't too shabby. 

And I'd wager if they do miss out it'll be on a historically very high points total. 93/94/95 pts? Mental. 

It's not all about spreadsheets and xG. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well their level is definitely top 3, as they won't finish lower than that, which ain't too shabby. 

And I'd wager if they do miss out it'll be on a historically very high points total. 93/94/95 pts? Mental. 

Yeah I see what you mean but my take is that their injuries to key players won't be replicated, especially given two of the outfield ones are over 30, they won't be able to maintain the same levels of consistency, momentum etc.

Seriously all credit to them, a certain CEO notwithstanding but.

Their brilliant start propelled them, thereafter it is more like playoffs.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

You did us a favour today, cheers. 

Shame we didn't do ourselves any again, didn't go to Boro, but it sounded abysmal on the radio, worst performance of the season from what I can gather, and that's in a season where we've had a few tonkings. Feels like we're going down at the minute.

Edited by Owl Visiting
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It’s not but…..

image.jpeg.40f6323672bc0866c1b381dffcdd1142.jpeg

It’s a pretty good indicator!

(Numbers are rank out of 24)

Theres a reason all 4 are up there.

Here’s the defensive one:

image.png.5f7f4f2fb8c0af48732ebac2de7d79d9.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How's their last 10 games looking form wise?

They had a mid-season blip but are well over it now. 

The long form thing is interesting. They are riding the wave a bit I'm sure, like I say the lack of injuries is extremely notable and that can assist and breed continuity, momentum, partnership.

Still think there is an element of now or never for Ipswich in this era. If you don't strike while the iron is hot, well it can cool.

Nothing to do with Stats either.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

18 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Shame we didn't do ourselves any again, didn't go to Boro, but it sounded abysmal on the radio, worst performance of the season from what I can gather, and that's in a season where we've had a few tonkings. Feels like we're going down at the minute.

Always thought you would struggle tbh as you didn’t seem to invest in the summer , then getting rid of Moore couldnt of helped , championship is brutal , 

Ipswich are the team of the season by some stretch. As a non PP club, to be in with a chance of automatic with 6/7 games to go is amazing. They keep going, never give up, are dynamic and create problems for every team they play. They are very impressive and yet look at the squad they have. McKenna has one promotion and is close to another. Full credit to him and the club. 

And I flippin hate Ashton. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

You were looking like you might get out of it a few weeks ago, around the time you beat us. Hit the skids again at precisely the wrong time.

• Admin
1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

Ipswich are the team of the season by some stretch. As a non PP club, to be in with a chance of automatic with 6/7 games to go is amazing. They keep going, never give up, are dynamic and create problems for every team they play. They are very impressive and yet look at the squad they have. McKenna has one promotion and is close to another. Full credit to him and the club. 

And I flippin hate Ashton. 

To think they finished behind Plymouth last season and where both sides are heading now 

Much as I don’t want Ipswich to go up, the fact that if they do means one of the relegated clubs misses out is good.  If Ipswich grab an automatic spot, it’s possible another could miss out in the playoffs too.

• Like 1

I hope Ipswich and Leeds go up. I like the fact both sides play with speed and high intensity to outscore opposition. I'd take organised chaos over positional passing play any day of the week.

Leif Davis for Ipswich is a hell of a player btw.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Behave yourself. And that goes for everyone else saying Ipswich are "lucky".

McKenna has taken charge of 125 games now for Ipswich, winning 73, drawing 33, and losing just 19.

19 defeats in 125 games.

That is absolutely absurd. And to top it off they play some of the most exciting football in the division.

They have a bunch of average/good players for this level and are greater than the sum of their parts - that's called great coaching and management.

If they go up automatically then it's a quite magnificent achievement to do a double promotion against parachute payments clubs in this era. 

I understand the Ashton issue but for the good of football I'd rather have them promoted than any of the clubs relegated last season. 

We've only lost 9 times in the league in our last two seasons (86 games).

I actually think that several of our 'parts' are of a higher quality than people give credit, but the intangibles in this team are what makes it so great. Sometimes football goes beyond stats, analysis and quality and is about heart, determination, resilience and sheer will. This team has that in abundance. It also helps having the best manager in the division as well. If Southampton had McKenna they would be out of sight. Martin is an absolute fraud. 

• Like 4

On 01/04/2024 at 18:05, Mr Popodopolous said:

My new favourite tool.

Is this a truer reflection of Ipswich.

Screenshot_20240401-180117_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0581ab803c8764a71fc83f7e11d2af1f.jpg

I think you're seeing what you want to in your form table to be honest. It's 51 points from 21 games, followed by 9 points from 9 games, followed by 27 points from 10 games. I won't bore you with the context behind the mid-season slump, save to say that our performances since have been a continuation of what came before (be this dominant, lucky, dogged, or other description). 

Equally with injuries: I'm sure we've fared much better than some clubs, but I also know we've had a worse time of it than Leeds. Leicester and Saints' appearance pages appear similar to our one you posted, but I confess to being less knowledgeable on their situations. 

Still, very tough games remain for sure, every chance we finish 3rd. Pleased to see your uptick in form too, 3 wins from 4 now! #RootingForManning

*oh and the officials were booed off at HT, in case this wasn't clear on TV. We weren't abusing the players :laugh:, could you imagine!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1