IGNORED

Game Management

Fuber

Credit where its due - much better the last two. Some, myself included, previously criticised him for it.

Hope Manning keeps it up, being more proactive when it isnt working - that is.

• Like 8

Game management isn’t necessarily something that can be coached, it’s largely common sense and today and on Friday City got it spot on. 
Having the likes of Williams, Cornick, Wells and Sykes all on the pitch in the last 10mins make a significant difference.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Game management isn’t necessarily something that can be coached, it’s largely common sense and today and on Friday City got it spot on. 
Having the likes of Williams, Cornick, Wells and Sykes all on the pitch in the last 10mins make a significant difference.

It can be - it depends on the source of the errors in said game management, it could be as simple as an experience issue.

I think Manning has clocked that he can set up a team, and for reasons, it may not always work - the problem for me has been ego (his stubborness re processes); and now he's started making subs much earlier, as needed, instead of reacting like he was in earlier matches.

As per my original post - hopefully it continues and he doesn't revert to older habits.

• Like 3

Was going to post exactly the same point @Fuber - that to me today was probably more pleasing than Friday because it’s the first time I’ve seen Liam see a problem and react in real time. First 25 minutes we were awful and Whittaker (I’d take him in a heartbeat) looked like he’d rip us a new one. Minor tweaking of positions got us back in the game and it was an even - if dull - last 20. 

Second half the subs were spot on. Sykes is the first name on the team sheet for me and gives such a good outlet. The shape change was the right one and we dominated that second half. Ended up being a comfortable and more than deserved win.

I’ve slated Liam enough times for poor game management. That was spot on today and full credit to him.

(Awaits usual crew accusing me and others of being upset with the result)

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Was going to post exactly the same point @Fuber - that to me today was probably more pleasing than Friday because it’s the first time I’ve seen Liam see a problem and react in real time. First 25 minutes we were awful and Whittaker (I’d take him in a heartbeat) looked like he’d rip us a new one. Minor tweaking of positions got us back in the game and it was an even - if dull - last 20. 

Second half the subs were spot on. Sykes is the first name on the team sheet for me and gives such a good outlet. The shape change was the right one and we dominated that second half. Ended up being a comfortable and more than deserved win.

I’ve slated Liam enough times for poor game management. That was spot on today and full credit to him.

(Awaits usual crew accusing me and others of being upset with the result)

No, you're spot on. Switching to a four squeezed the space for Plymouth's wingbacks and that, plus Williams's energy and aggression unleashed Knight. Sykes was a constant threat on the right too.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 3

Got to admit, I found that a very hard watch today!

Pale yellow shirts, sunny day, Plymouth green all over, green grass, was a difficult view on RTV! 😉

Really good second half performance.  Subs / formation change very positive, well done all.  Sykes very sharp.  Twine did better second half.  Knight held it together first half, and drove us forward second half.

Deserved win.

• Like 3

Just now, Davefevs said:

Got to admit, I found that a very hard watch today!

Pale yellow shirts, sunny day, Plymouth green all over, green grass, was a difficult view on RTV! 😉

Really good second half performance.  Subs / formation change very positive, well done all.  Sykes very sharp.  Twine did better second half.  Knight held it together first half, and drove us forward second half.

Deserved win.

I'm glad to hear that we did ok. The stats certainly bear out that we played pretty well, although Plymouth don't look as though they provided the toughest test. If progress is being made then I'm delighted.

Ps. If you struggled with the colours today https://enchroma.co.uk/pages/colour-blind-test?enchrdrdct=hrd&multisite-redirected=1#multisite-redirected