IGNORED

Focus on this season or next now?

BCFCGav

Back to back wins 99.9999% guarantees we will be in the Championship next year. Winning all our games would see us fall just short and losing them all would see us just about safe - and of course we’ll do something in between anyway. SO.

For the last 6, would you like to see us prioritise results above all else and finish as high as possible? Could make the club an easier sell to prospective signings and I think there’s a small financial incentive to finishing higher. Also develops player relationships and lets Liam get his messages across further.

Or would you like us to try things out that could help us next season. Blood Knight-Lebel and others, have a proper look at Mebude, maybe try some alternative formations. 

Not sure which way I’d go so thought I’d open it up to discussion. Regardless, well in City, proper bank holiday weekend that!

• Admin

Definitely finish as high as we can this season. A lot of fans still need convincing we are on the right path (and I include myself in that number). Some evidence that Manningball can be successful will actually have an impact on our financials as much as anything. The last two games have been a good start.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Back to back wins 99.9999% guarantees we will be in the Championship next year. Winning all our games would see us fall just short and losing them all would see us just about safe - and of course we’ll do something in between anyway. SO.

For the last 6, would you like to see us prioritise results above all else and finish as high as possible? Could make the club an easier sell to prospective signings and I think there’s a small financial incentive to finishing higher. Also develops player relationships and lets Liam get his messages across further.

Or would you like us to try things out that could help us next season. Blood Knight-Lebel and others, have a proper look at Mebude, maybe try some alternative formations. 

Not sure which way I’d go so thought I’d open it up to discussion. Regardless, well in City, proper bank holiday weekend that!

Got to play the strongest teams to try to win all 6 

Lots of people who have said they may not renew season tickets next year could be swayed by how positively we finish the season 

More seriously, the last six are - as it has been pretty much since January - about building for next season and it’s about performance/progression over results. I’d take a mixed bag of scores and a consistent improvement in game management over a load of “Swansea” one nils

• Like 3

Absolutely have to aim to win & play well every game we’re in, no matter what stage of the season. Still very much after seeing consistency & bettering last season, so I don’t think we can rest on our laurels at all. 

If we can do whilst still blooding Knight-Lebel and maybe Meerholz and some others, great, But we’ve seen nothing to suggest that’s gonna happen so far. I’d wager we’ll probably not see another minute out of Medube too. 

Would normally be pretty pissed off with that, but things have been that bad that I think he really cant afford to twist too much & he’s not an idiot, so I think he’s well aware of that as well. 

With the run of fixtures we have, we really couldn’t have asked for a better end of the season in terms of trying to really show what we’re about and build some excitement into next season. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

If we lose all our games from now we are still safe.  With the amount of fans on Manning’s back he needs to win as many games as he can. He can’t afford to blood players and then lose more of the fanbase 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If we lose all our games from now we are still safe.  With the amount of fans on Manning’s back he needs to win as many games as he can. He can’t afford to blood players and then lose more of the fanbase 

Agreed, id love to see us go unbeaten now, but having us play some good stuff and actually going for it in games is essential… 

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Absolutely have to aim to win & play well every game we’re in, no matter what stage of the season. Still very much after seeing consistency & bettering last season, so I don’t think we can rest on our laurels at all. 

If we can do whilst still blooding Knight-Lebel and maybe Meerholz and some others, great, But we’ve seen nothing to suggest that’s gonna happen so far. I’d wager we’ll probably not see another minute out of Medube too. 

Would normally be pretty pissed off with that, but things have been that bad that I think he really cant afford to twist too much & he’s not an idiot, so I think he’s well aware of that as well. 

With the run of fixtures we have, we really couldn’t have asked for a better end of the season in terms of trying to really show what we’re about and build some excitement into next season. 

Brilliantly, it looked a couple of times today that he’d sent Medube to warm up (at one point early) but he just appeared to need the toilet each time and disappeared straight up the tunnel!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would assume decisions have already been made on players futures, no point involving anyone that won't be around next season 

Personally I'd stick with status quo to build momentum 

I get What you’re proposing.

Whatever you want.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Definitely finish as high as we can this season. A lot of fans still need convincing we are on the right path (and I include myself in that number). Some evidence that Manningball can be successful will actually have an impact on our financials as much as anything. The last two games have been a good start.

Not just fans but potential new signings, momentum is key heading into pre season. 

5 minutes ago, Corkonian said:

Mate, it's a tough call. I say we aim for a mix of both: go for results to keep the momentum, but also give the young guns a chance to shine.

To some extent. But you’ve got to respect the ‘pfft’ integrity of the league.

No one else doing the usual after a few wins then and checking the fixture list, this season ain't over yet....

Not saying we could win all 6 and not saying if we did that 71 would be enough

But we might win a few more to make it interesting....

Revisit after Sunderland

Good question Gav!

The only player I'd really like to see is Knight-Lebel but who do you drop? Dickie is really important to this side so maybe give Vyner's spot to KL for the last two games?

If by some miracle the cheque book is opened in the summer then we want to attract quality players, that's far more likely to happen if we finish with a flourish of decent results and present Ciyy as a team on the up. 

You're in the Red Army now. 

Go for it, win as many as possible to get some momentum, convince the current players we're going to play to their strengths going forward, buy/sign like for like replacements for anyone that leaves/contract not renewed (or slight upgrades), plus an extra 2 or three decent champ level players to give the squad depth.

I don't think there are too many youngsters knocking at the door really. 

I think LM knows he needs to build/rebuild support from the fans so I'd expect is to go out for the best set of results we can. If we can get a few goals up in games, at that stage we can blood some youth.

One thing we need to consider is that Twine may not be here next season so we need to try others in his position or find another system that works. Even if Twine (or a similar player) is here, we can't be overly dependent on 1 player to make things tick.

JL and BT would be beside themselves if we can eclipse last seasons league placing and points total..  We’ll be 100% trying to win every one of the last six remaining games.

We will win each of our last 6.  Enter the playoffs with 71pts and surprise everyone.  Every team above us fixtures are very tough and can’t see any of them getting more than their requirements for 70 pts.

very much tongue in cheek, but what a story that would be.

Winning football games is what we all go for.  If we won our last 6 no one would care by the beginning of next season who played in them as long as positive additional signings are made.