IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

11 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Never seen a game where we’ve lost nearly every one on one battle, every second ball and the Sunderland players have outmuscled us in every duel.

There was no fight there at all and we’re lucky to escape with a point.

Some will point to the run of clean sheets, but to me that’s fool’s gold. Vardy would bury his chances 70-80% of the time. Sunderland would have scored those chances more often than not. That’s luck rather than good defending.

We had our chances v Leicester tbh, perhaps maybe a point there would've been fair.

You'd struggle to pick a decent outfield player today. Descion making was poor, we were terrible in transition and couldn't execute a meaningful pass pretty much all game.

Big pat on the back for Max, the only reason we got a point today, he deserved it.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm disappointed that we didn't make the most of our chances. James scuffed a shot from inside the box, Twine should have scored, Pring messed up a 4 on 3.

City were definitely off it today, but actually could have won.

True, though by the same logic Sunderland probably could have scored about 4.

On balance of chances, I don't think we can feel hard done by today.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think anyone expecting wholesale changes to the squad over the summer are going to be pretty disappointed 

I've heard this as well Pete, 1 or 2 signings. There is still this belief we should be challenging in the play offs with what we have. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I wasn’t commenting on the team as a whole. 4 clean sheets in 5, back line is clearly in a good place, and that’s with two good players long-term injured.

Flattered a bit today, it could have been a thrashing,  Max was superb, the rest of the defence bamboozled by a couple of kids and some other youn 'uns. An end of season performance if ever there was one.

Probably a good time to try some of our younger players now.

Edited by The Original OTIB
  • Like 1

Apart from Max doing what Max does , no one worth a positive mention IMO.

From 1 to 11 ( poetic licence ) they all misplaced passes , waited for things to happen , stepped off challenges , it was just very poor. 

What I would say is losing Dickie was massive , he would have added some control and leadership. I was a little disappointed with James in that respect . 
I don't blame LM for the team, Roberts played well as LCB last time , so it was reasonable to play him there. But so many off days , hard to explain , and Pring looks back to being shot on 70 mins after so much hard work . 
With nothing on the game really . I would have liked some pro active , positive Subs from the Manager, rather than the expected swaps at the expected time. 
I wonder what we will get Wednesday .

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Flattered a bit today, it could have been a thrashing,  Max was superb, the rest of the defence bamboozled by a couple of kids and some other youn 'uns. An end of season performance if ever there was one.

One of those young ones is Jobe Bellingham who is quite highly thought of tbh but the rest I agree with.

Listening on RB Max had another superb game and James had a great chance but hit it straight at the keeper. Another clean sheet especially with Dickie missing is a very decent point.

Sunderland would have desperately looking to redeem themselves after the Blackburn performance but City kept them at bay. Well done all.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

This,we are safe so let’s see some progress in the way we play,I can’t see it,we are hoping our keeper has a blinder every game

Next two home games are the acid test. 10 points in 5 so no confidence issues. Go out and perform.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 4
9 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Very end of season feel, especially second-half. A Knight-Lebel start would be interesting viewing, but a quiet few weeks ahead for City. Roll on August 🤣

29 minutes ago, lenred said:

Results wise you take an away draw every day of the week, however dire it may be! 

Not really, when we’re already safe and marooned in midtable for the 4th, 5th season in a row.

We should be desperate to see some good performances. Who gives a ctap about adding another point at this point.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Very end of season feel, especially second-half. A Knight-Lebel start would be interesting viewing, but a quiet few weeks ahead for City. Roll on August 🤣

With many season ticket holders yet to renew and having sat through some pretty turgid football. I think Liam owes us at least two decent performances in the last three home games. Can’t guarantee results but let’s see performances now. Show some attacking intent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Proper end of season game , we looked on the beach and Sunderland looked like try had sold there shooting boots o. eBay :laugh:,

As we are now safe I would like to see us giving some of the fringe players some game time , maybe some of this under 18s team we hear so much about , showing what they can do in the first tea

Just now, Numero Uno said:

With many season ticket holders yet to renew and having sat through some pretty turgid football. I think Liam owes us at least two decent performances in the last three home games. Can’t guarantee results but let’s see performances now. Show some attacking intent.

We all wanna see it, everything crossed. We have players capable of it - Mehmeti is in form, Sykes and Twine hare good attackers. We know what Tommy’s about. Let’s hope they show it. 

1 minute ago, winsaw said:

Proper end of season game , we looked on the beach and Sunderland looked like try had sold there shooting boots o. eBay :laugh:,

As we are now safe I would like to see us giving some of the fringe players some game time , maybe some of this under 18s team we hear so much about , showing what they can do in the first tea

Against two teams that need the points a team with 3-4 18 year olds in it would get mullered.

• Flames 1