IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

17 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Apart from Max doing what Max does , no one worth a positive mention IMO.

From 1 to 11 ( poetic licence ) they all misplaced passes , waited for things to happen , stepped off challenges , it was just very poor. 

What I would say is losing Dickie was massive , he would have added some control and leadership. I was a little disappointed with James in that respect . 
I don't blame LM for the team, Roberts played well as LCB last time , so it was reasonable to play him there. But so many off days , hard to explain , and Pring looks back to being shot on 70 mins after so much hard work . 
With nothing on the game really . I would have liked some pro active , positive Subs from the Manager, rather than the expected swaps at the expected time. 
I wonder what we will get Wednesday .

Thought Tanner & Vyner stuck at it & Pring (who took a very heavy knock early on from a clear foul that the ref chose to ignore) certainly improved.

Beyond that we certainly weren’t great, Wells fed on absolute scraps & even James wasn’t at his usual standard.

Take the point, 3rd clean sheet & move on.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Plenty of comments over the years on here of no away point is a bad point. 

Hence the ✅ for the result.

But I’ve seen far better performances in a 0-0 than that.  Some below par, some showing little heart.  They had their performances / arses saved by O’Leary.  That was a 3-0 / 4-0 really.  That wasn’t a gritty team performance, along with Max, Vyner, James and Wells came out with their heads up.

We looked devoid of anything.

• Like 3

What game was Manning watching? He's pleased with our grit, fight determination and us showing a different side to us today. 

We only didn't get battered 5 nil because of Max so how can he say we showed grit, fight and determination? The only player to have shown that was Max. 

• Like 4
Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

It was a poor performance but let's add some context please. The conditions were shocking-extremely windy, sun in the players eyes and litter swirling all over the pitch! It's also a meaningless game which we got a point out of!

Why did it not affect them in the same way? They could have scored 6.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, mozo said:

In hindsight, I wish Knight-Lebel did play! Roberts was way off his best. Although, so was Pring... and Knight... and Twine... and Mehmeti...

Thought Mehmeti was unlucky to get the hook at h-t.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Give what a break ?

Criticising the god awful football, or the lies espoused by those in charge of the club.

No, not until they're all gone.

So  you’ve made it obvious for months , you have an agenda I get , I was pissed off with Nige etc but it gets repetitive all the time tbh , the Southampton jibe is one thing but it just goes on and on , 10 points from 5 games ( 4 clean sheets) is at least an improvement results wise but never going to make any difference to you and a lot of the same old posters on here .

We will see what LM does on the summer but can’t see him going anywhere, it’s how it is at least for now , I guess if thats not for you so be it , seems a few are off to Forest Green or even B& Q from the sound of it. Good for them 🤔

• Flames 1
6 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d probably agree, there. Although we still gave up 3 or 4 clear cut opportunities. Better than 5 or 6 vs Leicester I guess 🤣

Think was more like 3-4 v Leicester and we carried an attacking threat at 0-0. The big almost gift was the O'Leary and Vyner whereby thankfully they didn't capitalise.

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Fortunately the end of the season is fast approaching 

Typical end of season game where nobody is interested and minds are on holidays 

But 7 points from 9 and three clean sheets on the bounce are decent 

Indeed- something that didn't happen in the entire 22/23 season. Although we did have some fair mini runs of wins and draws- none were clean sheets and we never got more than two wins in a row.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thought Tanner & Vyner stuck at it & Pring (who took a very heavy knock early on from a clear foul that the ref chose to ignore) certainly improved.

Beyond that we certainly weren’t great, Wells fed on absolute scraps & even James wasn’t at his usual standard.

Take the point, 3rd clean sheet & move on.

Tanner’s touch was awful, conceded possession too often in safe positions.

• Like 1
Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

The way I saw it was that Manning could see we were playing badly and were lucky to go in at 0-0 so he hooked AM off and went to a back 5 to shut up shop and play for the point. I don't like that. 

Or you could spin it the other way and say it was decent game management to play for the point.. A point away from home is never a bad one..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

So  you’ve made it obvious for months , you have an agenda I get , I was pissed off with Nige etc but it gets repetitive all the time tbh , the Southampton jibe is one thing but it just goes on and on , 10 points from 5 games ( 4 clean sheets) is at least an improvement results wise but never going to make any difference to you and a lot of the same old posters on here .

We will see what LM does on the summer but can’t see him going anywhere, it’s how it is at least for now , I guess if thats not for you so be it , seems a few are off to Forest Green or even B& Q from the sound of it. Good for them 🤔

The performances, 3/5 of them really haven't been all that. Two over Easter were enjoyable in their own ways and signs of encouragement. Results outstrip performances so far in this little run.

• Like 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

Tanner’s touch was awful, conceded possession too often in safe positions.

Clarke’s a top player & I thought he marshalled him reasonably well.

All about opinions though, isn’t it?

• Like 1
Just now, The turtle said:

And by August he'll probably be elsewhere 

Indeed, this is why personally feel we need to pay the quoted £4 mill and sign him in the summer, he is clearly a quality player at this level and we have wasted far more than 4/5 mill on a lot lot worse players in the past.

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What game was Manning watching? He's pleased with our grit, fight determination and us showing a different side to us today. 

We only didn't get battered 5 nil because of Max so how can he say we showed grit, fight and determination? The only player to have shown that was Max. 

Talks out his arse 😂 still can't bring myself to listen. Max was excellent he definitely got a point for us today we would of been out of that game by half time.

Edited by Street red
1 minute ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Thought the 2nd half was pretty even. A point away never to be sniffed at-let's not blow a dead rubber match in terrible conditions out of proportion

I'm not blowing it out of proportion. It was a very poor performance. It was good to get a point. They were not overly affected by the conditions. They could have scored 6. What is out of proportion about that?

I'm talking about today, this game. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I absolutely despise how Manning sets us up to not lose. To protect his own record and position. What we witnessed today was not what fans want to see. 

He didn’t set us up not to lose today, but god knows what instructions he did give them!

Pring started ever so high, I thought he might’ve been WB. On the other side Sykes played right up against Hjelde, giving Tanner no cover.  That was defensive…but it was easily exposed by Sunderland.