IGNORED

Police treatment in the away end…

PFree

1 hour ago, Bow Legged Chicken said:

I smuggled some coins in. The search failed to discover my cunning concealment. Perhaps that was the crime those young girls were guilty of…

I did say at the time they probably had a vape or something! Btw, they didn't get my power bank either, I distracted her by telling her I only had sweets and a bar of chocolate and she was more interested in that 🤣

3 hours ago, PFree said:

Was there really any need to treat away fans in that way, especially the young girls they dragged out? They wonder why there is little respect but they handled several situations badly.

Continually stood in the way blocking views too, and they didn’t like being told - felt like we were the enemy today!

Been the same since the 90s so don’t expect things to change anytime soon 

2 hours ago, Bow Legged Chicken said:

We haven’t got a metro and we’ll stop yours as well!

Who pulled the cord, was it Marvin Rees or Dan Norris?

We’re getting a metro soon arnt we , I remember reading about it in the evening post when I was 15 I’m nearly 60 now so there should be one soon - ffs 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bow Legged Chicken said:

First one out was a middle aged bloke who climbed on some infrastructure in the concourse at halftime and started a bit of a singsong. Vindictive leading steward was determined to get him. Bit OTT but fair enough he probably broke some ground regulation, and was clearly a leading actor. Then they came back for a couple of his mates, probably to prove that resistance is futile. Where it got really silly is when they forcibly ejected two young girls, and also a man who tried to help them in the final minutes of the game. Whatever they had done it wasn’t a matter of national security and if it was a serious offence it could have been dealt with after the game. We are 100’ up in the air with a long series of staircases to negotiate on the way down. Police could intervene then if there was a really good reason to do so. Genuinely shocked to hear these girls were cuffed behind backs. What threat were they? Perhaps Avon & Somerset not so bad as we think…

At least two of the police on the stairway removing the two girls. Are  avon and somerset police. 

• Hmmm 2

There are videos every week of all kinds of exuberance in away concourses which let's be honest is absolutely fair game if you treat your customers to concrete and breeze blocks. Why then does a meaningless mid table game at a shit ground suddenly turn Northumbria police into a disgusting press gang that keeps storming into the away end every ten minutes to pick off and bravely haul away yet another fan.

When they came for two 14 year old girls it was too much. Jostled and pulled down the stairs not just by WPCs but also fully grown men who decided this is why they wanted to join the police. 🫠 Besides Wales or Birmingham it's a long time since I've seen the police act like their job is to treat us like dirt. Had a good day chatted to some Sunderland fans no idea why Northumbria Police woke up and chose this today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, EastendRising said:

At least two of the police on the stairway removing the two girls. Are  avon and somerset police. 

There was a spotter in the crowd,  hat and wierd sunglasses on feeding info to stewards, telling them who to go for . He did it twice to my knowledge. 

7 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Just watched a video on YouTube of the day, looked like a good atmosphere in the away end helped by our Dutch friends 

Was 23 lads over from the Tilburg Tifosi group. Great bunch of lads 👍

7 hours ago, Olé said:

There are videos every week of all kinds of exuberance in away concourses which let's be honest is absolutely fair game if you treat your customers to concrete and breeze blocks. 

The lack of soft furnishings in modern football concourses is a disgrace, some plump cushions would've helped no end yesterday. Dale Vince won't have this problem with his new ground made from wood, straw and lime render (plus hemp drapery)