IGNORED

Police treatment in the away end…

PFree

Was there really any need to treat away fans in that way, especially the young girls they dragged out? They wonder why there is little respect but they handled several situations badly.

Continually stood in the way blocking views too, and they didn’t like being told - felt like we were the enemy today!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PFree said:

Was there really any need to treat away fans in that way, especially the young girls they dragged out? They wonder why there is little respect but they handled several situations badly.

Continually stood in the way blocking views too, and they didn’t like being told - felt like we were the enemy today!

Normal policing for football fans I’m afraid , different rules apply 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trouble on the metro too. Apparently a Bristol City fan has pulled the emergency stop on the metro. We have started again and now waiting at a station for 30 mins for the Police

13 minutes ago, PFree said:

Were they cracking down on littering?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That reminds me, I should ask, are those draconian restrictions still in place about what you can and can't take in as away fans?

Yes no coins or vapes. Last time it was power packs too. They did ask me if I had a power pack (I did)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Trouble on the metro too. Apparently a Bristol City fan has pulled the emergency stop on the metro. We have started again and now waiting at a station for 30 mins for the Police

That would never happen in Bristol.........

#NoNeedToMoveToThePoliticsForum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes no coins or vapes. Last time it was power packs too. They did ask me if I had a power pack (I did)

That's weird. Do they take all the Rothmans too? Or does a vape have some purpose as a weapon I'm unaware of?

2 minutes ago, Basshead64 said:

I saw those 2 young girls  in handcuffs  behind their  backs after the  game 😞

Looked petrified sadly, no need, dragged them out in the 88th minute too, why?

Thought the one looked under 16 too…!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reddoc said:

That's weird. Do they take all the Rothmans too? Or does a vape have some purpose as a weapon I'm unaware of?

Someone I know couldn't take a lighter in. I've never seen such measures at any other ground

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Basshead64 said:

I saw those 2 young girls  in handcuffs  behind their  backs after the  game 😞

What had they done? We were over on the right and couldn't really see what was going on. The way the police and stewards were mobbing up you'd have thought there was a riot, but it really was all quite mild. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Why would you pull the cord on the metro knowing it would stop , I would want to be back in Newcastle on the piss asap 🎉🍾🍺

• Like 1

Just now, PFree said:

Looked petrified sadly, no need, dragged them out in the 88th minute too, why?

Thought the one looked under 16 too…!

I saw them both, and 2 or 3 blokes before that. Yes they looked young, and certainly about 15 police and stewards was a massive over reaction.

• Like 1

Just now, redkev said:

Why would you pull the cord on the metro knowing it would stop , I would want to be back in Newcastle on the piss asap 🎉🍾🍺

Dunno. But it was an experience being one of only 2 City fans in the next carriage along. Luckily a lot of good natured banter from the Sunderland fans and Geordies! Must have been a good half hour or more delay

5 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

What had they done? We were over on the right and couldn't really see what was going on. The way the police and stewards were mobbing up you'd have thought there was a riot, but it really was all quite mild. 

Not sure but it must have been a horrible experience for them, they were just young girls at the end if the day and nothing should have deserved that treatment..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Are.

After the Walsall fiasco two police inspectors one male and one female visited me at my home and took statements. They were from Yorkshire Police I believe and both genuinely surprised at what I and other Cit fans had experienced especially that the WMP officers had their lapels down covering their numbers. These bastards knew exactly what they were doing.

The fall out from that was that WMP were reprimanded. Whether heads rolled we’ll never know but I’m assuming that since then their attitude and strategies of handling football fans has drastically changed.

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

We was on that metro it was a Sunderland fan who pressed it

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

What was their " crime"?

First one out was a middle aged bloke who climbed on some infrastructure in the concourse at halftime and started a bit of a singsong. Vindictive leading steward was determined to get him. Bit OTT but fair enough he probably broke some ground regulation, and was clearly a leading actor. Then they came back for a couple of his mates, probably to prove that resistance is futile. Where it got really silly is when they forcibly ejected two young girls, and also a man who tried to help them in the final minutes of the game. Whatever they had done it wasn’t a matter of national security and if it was a serious offence it could have been dealt with after the game. We are 100’ up in the air with a long series of staircases to negotiate on the way down. Police could intervene then if there was a really good reason to do so. Genuinely shocked to hear these girls were cuffed behind backs. What threat were they? Perhaps Avon & Somerset not so bad as we think…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bow Legged Chicken said:

First one out was a middle aged bloke who climbed on some infrastructure in the concourse at halftime and started a bit of a singsong. Vindictive leading steward was determined to get him. Bit OTT but fair enough he probably broke some ground regulation, and was clearly a leading actor. Then they came back for a couple of his mates, probably to prove that resistance is futile. Where it got really silly is when they forcibly ejected two young girls, and also a man who tried to help them in the final minutes of the game. Whatever they had done it wasn’t a matter of national security and if it was a serious offence it could have been dealt with after the game. We are 100’ up in the air with a long series of staircases to negotiate on the way down. Police could intervene then if there was a really good reason to do so. Genuinely shocked to hear these girls were cuffed behind backs. What threat were they? Perhaps Avon & Somerset not so bad as we think…

I have always said I personally think that the ob at Ashton gate are pretty decent , I have mates who are Swansea fans and somebody I deal with through work is a Cardiff fan and both parties have said they thought our ob was one of the best and never had any issues with them 

• Like 1

As for the stewards, whose wages we are paying to stand in the way of our view and basically do nothing (and that’s the good ones who are not looking for an excuse to throw their weight about): why couldn’t a couple of them be issued with a bin bag and litter picker and be sent out at halftime to reduce the swail of litter vortexing around the pitch?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Dunno. But it was an experience being one of only 2 City fans in the next carriage along. Luckily a lot of good natured banter from the Sunderland fans and Geordies! Must have been a good half hour or more delay

We haven’t got a metro and we’ll stop yours as well!

Who pulled the cord, was it Marvin Rees or Dan Norris?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oasis red said:

We was on that metro it was a Sunderland fan who pressed it

I did see a Sunderland fan and a City fan were taken off, well we were told by train security that he had admitted it so we all could go. The driver wouldn't move until it was sorted. They had been saying all along it was a group of 7 City fans but didn't know who it was, so all were going to be removed from the carriage, the 7 then separated, then removed. That was the plan by security who were waiting for the Police.