IGNORED

Willem II (Tilburg) Link

9 hours ago, phantom said:

I wonder how many people realise that Louie Donowa played for Willem before us? 

Screenshot_20240510_221231_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wow! That is random. Not long before either. Wasnt with us for long but still made a decent impression especially the late winner versus the sags 🤩

13 hours ago, phantom said:

That's a fantastic find/spot/fact.

He played for both Willem and City AND scored a winner against the Gas.

Me thinks Louie deserves more recognition that he has had.

13 hours ago, phantom said:

That's a fantastic find/spot/fact.

He played for both Willem and City AND scored a winner against the Gas.

Me thinks Louie deserves more recognition that he has had.

(I would delete the double post, but I consider this extra Louie recognition).

Edited by Bristol Rob

14 hours ago, phantom said:

Even though it turns out they didn't need to win tonight, I'm sure their 93rd minute winner helped to start the celebrations this evening 

Congratulations to Willem on winning the Eerste Divisie title tonight 

20240510_211831.jpg

Still recovering from the party… loved to see that some Bristol City supporters (about 10) were partying with us!

• Like 7

• Admin
2 hours ago, willem ii said:

Still recovering from the party… loved to see that some Bristol City supporters (about 10) were partying with us!

Seen some brilliant photos of the on pitch celebrations 

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Impressive. 

…. got me wondering who the last Dutch player to play for City. I recall Geert Meijer in 1980. I doubt he was the last. I don’t recall the last Dutch side to visit Ashton Gate

• Admin
5 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

Impressive. 

…. got me wondering who the last Dutch player to play for City. I recall Geert Meijer in 1980. I doubt he was the last. I don’t recall the last Dutch side to visit Ashton Gate

Ajax? 

Evander Sno? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

Impressive. 

Ray Attevelt 

Herst Van-Hire ?

7 hours ago, sugarwray said:

Impressive. 

Sieb Dykstra another one 

• Like 2

Sat having a beer on the front at Weston this afternoon ( bloody lovely may I add could of been anywhere in Europe if you chose to ignore the hundreds of Brummie / welsh accents ) and actually saw 2 lads wearing willem shirts not together either , 

deffo on my bucket list next year been saying that for 10 years mind , 

gonna start doing a few abroad I think ,

Athletic Bilbao top of my list

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, redkev said:

Sat having a beer on the front at Weston this afternoon ( bloody lovely may I add could of been anywhere in Europe if you chose to ignore the hundreds of Brummie / welsh accents ) and actually saw 2 lads wearing willem shirts not together either , 

I think you're stretching it a bit by comparing WSM with anywhere in Europe, how many were you in with the "mad apple" when you wrote this ?

16 hours ago, redkev said:

Villarreal is a good 1 to go to really friendly fans’ the stadium is unique and easy to get to’ about a hr from Valencia.

4 hours ago, TV Tom said:

I think you're stretching it a bit by comparing WSM with anywhere in Europe, how many were you in with the "mad apple" when you wrote this ?

On me 2nd that’s all it takes these days 🙈😂😂

• Like 1

On 11/05/2024 at 22:48, candygram for mongo said:

Everyone was creaming themselves about Evander Sno but the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Luis Suarez 

Suarez was excellent. But Sno was a close second. Didn’t really do it at the city, but I suppose the better players you play with the better you are. 

On 12/05/2024 at 18:40, redkev said:

As said earlier. Please contact me by PM in case you need some help sorting everything for your trip to Tilburg!