IGNORED

Ben White.

One of the many things that I despise about modern day football when players make such a meal out of minimal contact in an attempt to con the referee or break up the flow of the game.

Looks absolutely ridiculous and even worse when they grab hold of an area of their body that hasn’t actually been touched.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

One of the many things that I despise about modern day football when players make such a meal out of minimal contact in an attempt to con the referee or break up the flow of the game.

Looks absolutely ridiculous and even worse when they grab hold of an area of their body that hasn’t actually been touched.

Punishment should be a month in the Toolstation or equivalent.

Anyone got  a link? Google hasn't helped me.

In fairness to Ben White, as I haven't seen it, I can't comment on that particular incident. But play acting in general is a blight on our game and will only get worse until retrospective action is taken. Fabio Silva spent more time performing gymnastics yesterday - and it won him a penalty- rather than trying to score and pretty much every game will have some player trying to con a ref. It's embarrassing and boring.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

In fairness to Ben White, as I haven't seen it, I can't comment on that particular incident. But play acting in general is a blight on our game and will only get worse until retrospective action is taken. Fabio Silva spent more time performing gymnastics yesterday - and it won him a penalty- rather than trying to score and pretty much every game will have some player trying to con a ref. It's embarrassing and boring.

Let’s put it this way, it wasn’t exactly David Penney vs Junior Bent.

12 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I do think it’s about time there was some sort of punishment for this behaviour as it’s blatant cheating 

I thought it was! Didn’t Bailey Wright get suspended a couple of years back after an incident at Fulham?

50 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

and it didn't get them the win they needed, thankfully

But the opposing player obviously used a Bruce Lee style old-school karate technique and touched him with a feint finger of death that can almost render a man unconscious or paralysed with the slightest, barely visible moment of contact.

Poor sod Ben White is lucky to be alive.

Quite a few football players have this very dangerous talent, beware!

• Haha 3

Utterly embarrasing from White.

I don't know what it is about him but he seems really unlikable. As much as I think on ability he should be in the England team, I'm giving Southgate the benefit of the doubt on some his exclusion.

• Like 4

• Admin
13 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I do think it’s about time there was some sort of punishment for this behaviour as it’s blatant cheating 

As much as I hate those magic letters VAR, they must see the play acting in what they are watching

Time to give the powers to bring action against those who play act

The best thing would be to project the footage onto the giant screen to humiliate them at the time, otherwise it can easily be shared after the game to explain why they have been punished

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don't know what it is about him but he seems really unlikable. As much as I think on ability he should be in the England team, I'm giving Southgate the benefit of the doubt on some his exclusion.

I think it's Ben White's decision to make himself unavailable for  England duty.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Completely agree with you, but him not playing for England was because White didn't like a comment made about him by Steve Holland and threw his toys out of the pram - he didn't like the fact that an un-named Man City player agreed with the comment

Comes across as a spoilt child, we all get critique in work at times, he should take it on the chin and move on 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheese said:

I think it's Ben White's decision to make himself unavailable for  England duty.

As @phantom said, after a fallout with the camp / Holland.

I'd still give benefit of the doubt to GS and his team on who was in the wrong there, as an outsider looking in. GS has generally been pretty good at dealing with ill discipline - he clearly had Greenwood's card marked with the way him and Foden were treated after the Iceland incident.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

As much as I hate those magic letters VAR, they must see the play acting in what they are watching

The best thing would be to project the footage onto the giant screen to humiliate them at the time, otherwise it can easily be shared after the game to explain why they have been punished

That was my thinking, I’m sure VAR must have a look if a player falls so dramatically to the floor in those circumstances.

So why can’t VAR  inform the referee that there has been a blatant attempt to deceive the referee through simulation and the offending player should be carded

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

That was my thinking, I’m sure VAR must have a look if a player falls so dramatically to the floor in those circumstances.

So why can’t VAR  inform the referee that there has been a blatant attempt to deceive the referee through simulation and the offending player should be carded

Because VAR cant give yellows, although I agree they should be able to do this

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think part of the problem is that the replays VAR use and then if an on-field check is made are always in super slow motion where everything looks like a foul or contact.

• Like 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

At worst I am surprised that they can't highlight an incident to someone to look at after the game

I missed what his name was, but one of the Rangers players yesterday was shocking at his play acting

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It is crazy, it makes it a win win for cheating.

VAR will look for violent conduct and a potential red but when the check is completed and it was found to be an act of simulation there is no consequence for the cheat.

That needs to be changed 

• Like 2

• Admin
Just now, grifty said:

I think part of the problem is that the replays VAR use and then if an on-field check is made are always in super slow motion where everything looks like a foul or contact.

Good point

I know I have heard it mentioned before, this is possibly where ex players would be better at adjudicating, or at least be involved in the panel reviewing any footage

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, phantom said:

At worst I am surprised that they can't highlight an incident to someone to look at after the game

I missed what his name was, but one of the Rangers players yesterday was shocking at his play acting

That was Fabio Silva, spent more time on the floor rolling around than on his feet.

If I was the father of these players I would have to tell them how embarrassing their behaviour is

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Good point

I know I have heard it mentioned before, this is possibly where ex players would be better at adjudicating, or at least be involved in the panel reviewing any footage

Stick an A&E consultant in there to judge if the level of rolling around or clutching their face would be justified compared to the minimal contact made 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roe said:

People rightly slating Ben White for this, and yet it seems the majority are fine with Ryan Yates rolling round trying to get Madison sent off

I do tend to agree that Yates reaction was over the top.

However if Maddison had been sent off then he could only have himself to blame.

He was already on a yellow card and it is clear to see what he has done to Yates.

VAR decided not to advise the referee to review the incident but if they had I’m pretty sure Maddison would of walked and he’d of only had himself to blame