IGNORED

Which former player would you have back?

Out of all our former players still in the game, who would you have back?

Scott, Semenyo, Kelly, Webster, or even going back to Reid, Bryan, Flint, Pack, Bentley, if you could tempt one back who would it be?

I know Scott is the obvious, but I would love to see Bobby return to his roots and bang in a load of goals for us again.

Any other options, or choices? 

And now if you were gonna go crazy for a moment, which player from the past?  Now that's a tough question!!

Probably Semenyo makes the most sense right now, additional attacking presence in a position we lack.

Our defence is okay, plus we have Twine so lack of a need for Scott at the moment. Szmodics, Reid, Tammy wouldn't get the service they need. We need someone who makes something out of nothing.

• Like 1

So many spring to mind.Players like Alan Walsh and Scott Murray.Would love to have Marvin Elliott back in his prime though.JET was great fun.Loved Albert.Could be here all day with this one.

• Like 2

Gerry Gow.

With modern refereeing he'd struggle to stay on the pitch for more than 45 minutes, but he'd still manage to affect a game more in 45 minutes than many of ours do in a month.

I know it only said one choice, but cheeky second would be Cheesley - he'd scare the 5h!t out of modern day defenders.

Edit: 

Just read the qualification " still in the game"!

In which case it has to be Alex Scott - the best natural talent I've seen at City in over 50 years. Him alongside Gow would be some midfield!

Edited by downendcity

Working this logically:

- The only GK is Bentley and Max’s progress is such that he’s a no

- In defence would love to see Webster with Dickie but it’s not an immediate need so you look further up the pitch

- No exceptional right backs still playing.  Wouldn’t take 2024 Joe Bryan over Pring on left side

- No exceptional DMs still playing. Argument for Pack but unlikely to still be able to do it at this level

- So, on balance of current squad it has to be an attacking/box to box midfielder or a forward.

- Any one of the current versions of Semenyo, Scott, Reid or Brownhill would improve us (as would Tammy but ruling him out as a loan). I’d find it hard to put a fag paper between those four, so one of them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Some people not understanding what ‘still in the game’ means!

Maybe read the opening post again?Perhaps pay particular attention to the last paragraph. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Even though he wasn't ours, id go for Tammy. Still only 26, although done his cruciate ligament so not playing until next season i believe. A 20+ goal a season striker should have us up there

Played 11 minutes last week in the derby della capitale. He's back.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1