IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

42 minutes ago, The Bard said:

This URC is a complete disaster isn't it?  Tournament involving long haul travel in the middle of a pandemic.  What could possibly go wrong??

I don't get why the game couldn't have been played on weekend of 29th January when the Bears don't have a league game.  Rugby is tinpot sometimes

Because Scarlets do have a league game.

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

This URC is a complete disaster isn't it?  Tournament involving long haul travel in the middle of a pandemic.  What could possibly go wrong??

I don't get why the game couldn't have been played on weekend of 29th January when the Bears don't have a league game.  Rugby is tinpot sometimes

I wouldn't say that. I think it has the potential to be a really good league and the addition of the South African sides is a welcome one from my point of view. If you consider a few factors like the smaller time difference, there's a case to be made that it's more practical for them than to play in Super Rugby as well. 

I see why they were really keen to get the South Africans in, especially after last year's failed Rainbow Cup, and it's not the URC's fault that Europe closed South Africa off when it did. It's bad luck that Munster, Scarlets, Ospreys and Zebre were there when it happened. There was some talk of the South Africans playing their matches in Italy, but nobody was really keen on that either. Maybe they should have waited for another season, but that's how it goes. Let's not forget that the South African sides have already played multiple matches in Europe without problems.

As NR says, none of the URC sides are free that weekend. It's a rubbish situation and it's a pity to get walkovers but those are the rules. I know that it's going to be very difficult for Munster to go to Coventry and put one on Wasps with our mix of kids, internationals and guys who haven't played in over a month, but I'm pleased we'll get to play the match at least. If it was the other way round and Wasps were struggling, I would genuinely want to play the game and beat them on the pitch. I'm sure that Bristol probably feel the same way.

5 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

What a shame, just couldn't hang on, 

I have a reoccurring nightmare of Marlon Pack giving the ball back to MK Don's time after time after time at AG. 

So I suppose it's just as inevitable with City as well..

How the hell have they have gone from finishing top last season and Leicester being 30 odd points behind is beyond me, what happened?

Edited by pillred
Punctuation