IGNORED

Don't get print tickets option any more

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

As a member with my grandsons. Eht when I but tickets for games now. Can I not have an option to print any more ? I have to download to Google wallet and scan each one on the turnstile Gate now, I think

I rang up and they emailed them to me.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

As a member with my grandsons. Eht when I but tickets for games now. Can I not have an option to print any more ? I have to download to Google wallet and scan each one on the turnstile Gate now, I think

When I buy mine I get a PDF attachment with the confirmation email 

I can either print it off or as I do save it to my phone to scan 

But why do you need to print them if they're in your wallet? 

Just now, phantom said:

When I buy mine I get a PDF attachment with the confirmation email 

I can either print it off or as I do save it to my phone to scan 

But why do you need to print them if they're in your wallet? 

I rang and apparently they are no longer sending out pdf attachments unless you ring and ask for them.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Yes looks like we are now cashless and paperless.

Oh well that will count me out then should i ever need a ticket, no idea what PDF is or means and the only wallet i have carries £10 notes, if i can't get a physical season ticket again for next season i won't be renewing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

I wonder what the thinking is behind this? Is it really going to save that much money by not sending PDFs.

Especially weighed up against a father of two at the turnstile now having to cycle through different tickets on his wallet app to get his two phone-less young children through where previously he just printed all 3 tickets out and scanning their way in became part of the experience that they enjoyed.

• Like 5

• Admin
19 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Oh well that will count me out then should i ever need a ticket, no idea what PDF is or means and the only wallet i have carries £10 notes, if i can't get a physical season ticket again for next season i won't be renewing

As long as your phone can show a photo you will be fine

Nothing has been changed "mid season" all is the same as before

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Especially weighed up against a father of two at the turnstile now having to cycle through different tickets on his wallet app to get his two phone-less young children through where previously he just printed all 3 tickets out and scanning their way in became part of the experience that they enjoyed.

Out of interest is there much difference between showing a photo and swiping to the next compared to scanning a print out and then showing the next?

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, phantom said:

As long as your phone can show a photo you will be fine

Out of interest is there much difference between showing a photo and swiping to the next compared to scanning a print out and then showing the next?

I'd say one person stood as kind of a bottle neck fiddling with scrolling and scanning is inferior to each person having their own printed ticket yes.

However, the talk above is that scrolling between photos isn't the option here if pdfs are truly no longer being sent out and you have to enter them to your wallet. That is go to the ticket, scan, back out, go into the next ticket scan, back out, go into the next ticket, scan.

It's not a deal breaker for me but there's people out there for sure that hate technology enough as it is and at the least, it slows down entry to everyone behind them and at the worst it is another drip-feed way of making a day at the football more hassle than its worth (not all the club's fault I should add....eg parking gets worse each season).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whenever I take my little girl ( she’s 3 and we both have season tickets) I scan hers on my phone first, and then push the turnstile round for her, so she can go in, then I swipe across, scan mine, and go through the turnstile myself. 

31 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I don’t necessarily agree with the club taking away printed tickets.

But the world is constantly changing and evolving. The internet didn’t exist 30 years ago: there was a time you didn’t know how to use it, but here you are using it to converse with strangers across the globe.

Rather than throwing your toys out of the pram and punishing yourself but not buying a season ticket, why not open your mind to learning a new skill that will help you keep up with life in the 21st century - as you evidently have done previously?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

I just tried to forward a family members ticket to myself, was not able to do this at all, whereas when I did it earlier in the season (maybe Millwall) I was able to forward the ticket to me and get the pdf to use it.

Instead I've had to get said family member to log on and forward the ticket to me so that I can add to my wallet. I assume the inability to do what I was previously able to do on the linked accounts is related to tye changes to the issuing of pdf's.

There can't be any cost difference between receiving a pdf or receiving a digital ticket that you can still scan anyway. Having to phone up for a pdf when required just makes the whole process more expensive if anything.

The queues are much longer and slower at the turnstyles since this season and all of the delays are from people not being able to swipe rather than scanning of qr or barcodes not working so this just seems like even more of a retrograde step.

I'm struggling to see what the upside from all this is but there are definitely downsides even if relatively minor.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But the world is constantly changing and evolving. The internet didn’t exist 30 years ago: there was a time you didn’t know how to use it, but here you are using it to converse with strangers across the globe.

Rather than throwing your toys out of the pram and punishing yourself but not buying a season ticket, why not open your mind to learning a new skill that will help you keep up with life in the 21st century - as you evidently have done previously?

Thanks

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Thanks

I may be in a growing minority like you but a lot of people still don't have or want a smartphone, mine for instance only receive calls and texts it's not that I don't understand how they work or can't afford one it's just I would rather not have one, as with parking apps, it seems we are slowly being forced into getting one whether we like it or not, a bit like electric cars (but that's for another day).

Edited by pillred

18 minutes ago, pillred said:

I may be in a growing minority like you but a lot of people still don't have or want a smartphone, mine for instance only receive calls and texts it's not that I don't understand how they work or can't afford one it's just I would rather not have one, as with parking apps, it seems we are slowly being forced into getting one whether we like it or not, a bit like electric cars (but that's for another day).

All i do on my phone is make and receive calls, i bought it in Tesco 12 years ago at a tenner a month and still going strong 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And in a changing and evolving world you would hope that world would become more inclusive.

Cashless and paperless services discriminate.

Bristol City via the Robins foundation offer access to disabled people to play football. Are payments solely cashless and paperless? No. Cashless and paperless services discriminate.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

And in a changing and evolving world you would hope that world would become more inclusive.

Cashless and paperless services discriminate.

Bristol City via the Robins foundation offer access to disabled people to play football. Are payments solely cashless and paperless? No. Cashless and paperless services discriminate.

As I said, I don’t necessarily agree with the decision to get rid of paper tickets. I do think the option should still be there.

But who does a cashless service discriminate against? Who has access to cash but doesn’t have a card?

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As I said, I don’t necessarily agree with the decision to get rid of paper tickets. I do think the option should still be there.

But who does a cashless service discriminate against? Who has access to cash but doesn’t have a card?

I support (my employment) people who don't possess a card, find it difficult and challenging to use them. 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair enough but how do they access cash?

My father-in-law doesn't have a card, he's down the building society every Monday drawing money out, the silly old duffer insists that it's illegal for shops not to take cash (it isn't)

When my dad was alive he never had a card yet my mum embraced it and started doing her supermarket shopping and internet banking on line when she was in her 80's

You can always yes postage stamps !!!

David Brent:
In fact, a postage stamp is legal tender. A bus driver would have to accept that as currency.

Tim:
Yeah, that'd happen.

Gareth:
Well, if he doesn't, report him.

Tim:
Yeah, I'll report him while I'm walking home.

Gareth:
Get a taxi, if you've got enough stamps.

Dawn:
Or cash 'em in at the Post Office.

David Brent:
Shouldn't have to. Shouldn't have to.