IGNORED

Don't get print tickets option any more

• Admin
3 hours ago, Ian M said:

I'd say one person stood as kind of a bottle neck fiddling with scrolling and scanning is inferior to each person having their own printed ticket yes.

However, the talk above is that scrolling between photos isn't the option here if pdfs are truly no longer being sent out and you have to enter them to your wallet. That is go to the ticket, scan, back out, go into the next ticket scan, back out, go into the next ticket, scan.

It's not a deal breaker for me but there's people out there for sure that hate technology enough as it is and at the least, it slows down entry to everyone behind them and at the worst it is another drip-feed way of making a day at the football more hassle than its worth (not all the club's fault I should add....eg parking gets worse each season).

Can you not save the different ticket as a picture then scan / swipe through them?

Sorry to be pedantic but I can't see the difference

• Admin
1 hour ago, phantom said:

Can you not save the different ticket as a picture then scan / swipe through them?

Sorry to be pedantic but I can't see the difference

Screenshot the different pages of the wallet app you mean? Not if no fore-thought has been given. I am not talking about me. 😂

But we should be making it easier to attend not adding extra hoops to jumps through.

I know in my day-to-day work life, I have tried showing what I view as very simple computer tasks to people who aren't technologically minded and they shut down because it's technology.

As I said above, it's not a deal breaker for me, I can easily manage the wallet app if I attend but its another complication to going to City games and eventually for some it becomes too much hassle.

Why didn't they just wait 3 more games and then roll it out fully for next season with people getting some notice about it?

Mate of mine has bought 6 for the Rotherham game, I can guarantee he will get in a panic with a queue behind whilst trying to scroll through them one by one to get in each individual. Also needs to have everyone with him at the same time to go in, as a screenshot forwarded to someone else won't work apparently.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Why didn't they just wait 3 more games and then roll it out fully for next season with people getting some notice about it?

Mate of mine has bought 6 for the Rotherham game, I can guarantee he will get in a panic with a queue behind whilst trying to scroll through them one by one to get in each individual. Also needs to have everyone with him at the same time to go in, as a screenshot forwarded to someone else won't work apparently.

I'd have thought Screenshots would work unless they are planning to do away with the barcode/QR code scanner?

If they are planning to go to NFC only, that would mean going from 100% of people can enter with some form of paper ticket atm to a percentage far smaller than that. At the present time, 15m people in the UK use NFC for payments from their phone (the technology involved if abandoning bar-codes).

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I'd have thought Screenshots would work unless they are planning to do away with the barcode/QR code scanner?

If they are planning to go to NFC only, that would mean going from 100% of people can enter with some form of paper ticket atm to a percentage far smaller than that. At the present time, 15m people in the UK use NFC for payments from their phone (the technology involved if abandoning bar-codes).

He told me he couldn't just forward a screenshot as it won't work, there is no QR code.

I had this issue not long ago at a gig and had to go back out to get someone else entry as he couldn't get there at the same time as the rest of us and a screenshot wouldn't work. At least at gigs/venues I have been to where it is paperless it is someone with a hand held scanner, so no issues if you have 8 tickets as they just scan all 8 mobile tickets and count you all in. Definitely not as quick and easy with barriers. 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, TheReds said:

He told me he couldn't just forward a screenshot as it won't work, there is no QR code.

I had this issue not long ago at a gig and had to go back out to get someone else entry as he couldn't get there at the same time as the rest of us and a screenshot wouldn't work. At least at gigs/venues I have been to where it is paperless it is someone with a hand held scanner, so no issues if you have 8 tickets as they just scan all 8 mobile tickets and count you all in. Definitely not as quick and easy with barriers. 

I would get him to call the club, it sounds like they may be confused with what they have etc

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would get him to call the club, it sounds like they may be confused with what they have etc

He told me it is the same as the digital season ticket, there is no QR code at all.

If that is what you meant, apologies if not.

• Like 1

So tonight's not problem only me going and think I have safely put my ticket in Google wallet to get in . But for the Rotherham game 2 grandsons with me. So what I piece together from the helpful responses here. Is I download mine to Google wallet then each of the grandsons tickets to the same Google wallet. Then at turnstiles just swipe through the three tickets as you would a photo to get us all in

• Like 1