IGNORED

Haydon Roberts

• The title was changed to Haydon Roberts
35 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Thought Pring was outstanding. Max MOM and Roberts and James mentioned in despatches.

Exactly what I said in the matchday thread. Roberts, James and Pring were all excellent. 

I exclude O’Leary from that as his mistake led to a golden chance and his other saves were down to poor finishing from Vardy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

46 minutes ago, Slack said:

Didn't rate mehmeti atall today, yes he does the hard stuff easy but can he please just do the simple stuff 

Roberts played excellent I thought 

What has Mehmeti ever done for us apart from the roads, viaducts, health system oh, and that brilliant finish to win us the game 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Thought Pring was outstanding. Max MOM and Roberts and James mentioned in despatches.

That I agree with! Pring and Robert’s had Ndidi and Fatuwu to deal with and defended well against them both, but Max’s saves puts him out as MOM, James bought calm to the midfield and I think playing Knight further back helped us as well

• Like 3

Roberts played in his natural position today and it showed. Playing him on the left side of a back three allows Pring to play as a wing back which adds a bit of extra defensive cover and extra attacking bite in midfield 

• Like 6

Played an interesting position today , but played it well. I thought he and Pring rotated really well.

MotM is a decent shout. 

Knight was good , thee were a few that were ok, but I thought he stood out.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Roberts played in his natural position today and it showed. Playing him on the left side of a back three allows Pring to play as a wing back which adds a bit of extra defensive cover and extra attacking bite in midfield 

Came here to say this 

• Like 1

My MotM too and said as much after. Was absolutely faultless especially in possession. Also a big fan of how fast we were to second balls. Every. Single.  Time. We were first.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Olé said:

My MotM too and said as much after. Was absolutely faultless especially in possession. Also a big fan of how fast we were to second balls. Every. Single.  Time. We were first.

I said that on the MTD. It was so noticeable, that and we always had players on the edge of the box when we attacked to get a second bite of the cherry.

MotM for me , playing an interesting role , at least from my alcohol infected eyes.

Seemed to be a CB that stepped out to almost man mark at times. 
I thought him and Pring looked a brilliant combination , specially as he sees himself as a more forward looking player. 

41 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

MotM for me , playing an interesting role , at least from my alcohol infected eyes.

Seemed to be a CB that stepped out to almost man mark at times. 
I thought him and Pring looked a brilliant combination , specially as he sees himself as a more forward looking player. 

Noticeable that ZV attached himself to KDH when he got into our final 30.  And we were happy to go 3v3 with a WB ready to tuck-in.  Too often in the past we’ve gone 3v1 and been overworked in midfield.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigRobsBiggestFan said:

That I agree with! Pring and Robert’s had Ndidi and Fatuwu to deal with and defended well against them both, but Max’s saves puts him out as MOM, James bought calm to the midfield and I think playing Knight further back helped us as well

Better balance today but worries me that Manning said after it was to counter Leicester (the 3 at back). It worked Manning, keep it this way, possibly like to see Sykes ahead of Tanner on the right. Albeit McCrorie was a threat when he came on. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Better balance today but worries me that Manning said after it was to counter Leicester (the 3 at back). It worked Manning, keep it this way, possibly like to see Sykes ahead of Tanner on the right. Albeit McCrorie was a threat when he came on. 

One thing that Manning has done is counter other teams threats. He studies teams and does a lot of work watching sides, we know that . Against sides like Leicester , it's easier IMO, they give you room to play, that hasn't been our problem. It's how we beat sides that sit in and how we get those players on the pitch to hurt teams. 

Today against a good side I thought Tanner would start , better defensively than McCrorie . I don't think Plymouth will sit in, but I think McCrorie may start to give us more going forward. As for Sykes , he would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Just coming on he seems to up the energy and work rate.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

One thing that Manning has done is counter other teams threats. He studies teams and does a lot of work watching sides, we know that . Against sides like Leicester , it's easier IMO, they give you room to play, that hasn't been our problem. It's how we beat sides that sit in and how we get those players on the pitch to hurt teams. 

Today against a good side I thought Tanner would start , better defensively than McCrorie . I don't think Plymouth will sit in, but I think McCrorie may start to give us more going forward. As for Sykes , he would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Just coming on he seems to up the energy and work rate.

Sykes showed again yesterday he has to play in a “forward” role.  Wasted at RWB imho, in fact ineffective when he plays there.

You could argue that if LM continues to play 3421 Sykes for Twine makes summer recruitment easier?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Yes a much improved McCrorie performance from his damp squib appearances recently. Makes me think he's back fully fit again and ready to contribute.