IGNORED

Haydon Roberts

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yes a much improved McCrorie performance from his damp squib appearances recently. Makes me think he's back fully fit again and ready to contribute. 

Especially if he could learn to square the ball instead of shooting into the side netting, something Sykes was also guilty of.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Especially if he could learn to square the ball instead of shooting into the side netting, something Sykes was also guilty of.

I was happy that he was able to take the ball into their final third at a time when Leicester were upping the pressure on us.

If he was a natural goal scorer he'd play up front rather than where he does. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was happy that he was able to take the ball into their final third at a time when Leicester were upping the pressure on us.

Each of his 3 chances he’s sliced / miscued going for power. If he strikes it cleanly he gets it on target.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Each of his 3 chances he’s sliced / miscued going for power. If he strikes it cleanly he gets it on target.

Probably a rush of blood to the head - saw his name on the score and then messed them up………….:disapointed2se:

Edited by Robbored

32 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was similarly pleased, but just thought it a shame that, having done all the hard work so well, he chose to shoot from an optimistic angle rather than square it, where natural goal scorers were ready and available.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tin said:

Exactly what I said in the matchday thread. Roberts, James and Pring were all excellent. 

I exclude O’Leary from that as his mistake led to a golden chance and his other saves were down to poor finishing from Vardy. 

His mistake? Are you talking about Vyners pass that went straight to Vardy in front of goal which OLeary saved or something else? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

His mistake? Are you talking about Vyners pass that went straight to Vardy in front of goal which OLeary saved or something else? 

Poor decision from Max to pass to Zak, who compounded that decision.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Poor decision from Max to pass to Zak, who compounded that decision.

We play out. Knowing there will be a press. Vyner was available. He could have played it back to Max but he shanked it to Vardy. 

I’m not sure Mr Manning would be looking much further than a defender who put the ball at the feet of an England center forward myself, rather than a perfectly good, controllable pass from a goalkeeper previously. 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

We play out. Knowing there will be a press. Vyner was available. He could have played it back to Max but he shanked it to Vardy. 

I’m not sure Mr Manning would be looking much further than a defender who put the ball at the feet of an England center forward myself, rather than a perfectly good, controllable pass from a goalkeeper previously. 

He could have, yes, but then Max is under pressure.  Just launch the effing thing 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Davefevs said:

He could have, yes, but then Max is under pressure.  Just launch the effing thing 🤣🤣🤣

The point of playing out (as you know better than anyone) is to often invite the press leaving space behind the presser. Thus Max to Zach. Leicester players move to the ball Zach back to max who in theory finds the players behind the press  

The reality is we eff it up or Max kicks for touch…..theory is great practice/execution iffy as per! 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he may be doing the modern thing of striking across the ball and not quite nailing it. 

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Shocking choice of pass from Max , then Zak did as bad. The ball from OLeary got to Vyner as the challenge came in , he should have put his foot through it.
The still below shows Vyner had nowhere to go by the time the ball got to him.  TBF it may have looked a better option when Max looked , but the two Leicester players were already on the move and the ball would have to have been much firmer to give Vyner a chance of laying it off.

Great save all the same.

Screenshot2024-03-30at16_22_37.png.5f7a9272f39674dd0c4ac06ee9d6144b.png

32 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I watched the 15 minute highlights on Sky this morning . Poor play all round but Zak actually calls for the ball when marked . Max should never pass to him but why is he calling for it. 

That’s how I saw it both to blame but in the end it didn’t matter fortunately.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I watched the 15 minute highlights on Sky this morning . Poor play all round but Zak actually calls for the ball when marked . Max should never pass to him but why is he calling for it. 

Does possibly look like that  , both at fault but Max facing play can see whats behind Vyner shouldn't play it to him. 
They all need to sharpen up , there was a safer ball on to Dickie that looked as easy to play.

• Like 2

On 29/03/2024 at 16:17, NewquayRed said:

Round pegs round holes, isn’t this supposed to be his best position?

On 29/03/2024 at 17:00, pongo88 said:

Roberts played in his natural position today and it showed. Playing him on the left side of a back three allows Pring to play as a wing back which adds a bit of extra defensive cover and extra attacking bite in midfield 

Didn’t realise that Roberts prefers playing centre back. Bristol City Live pointed this out too:

The summer signing from Brighton & Hove Albion has long made it clear he sees himself as a centre-back, to the point he openly rejected the Seagulls’ attempts to convert him into a full-back in his later academy days only to then end up being one on loan at Derby County.”

Long may it continue. 

Edited by eardun
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Didn’t realise that Roberts prefers playing centre back. Bristol City Live pointed this out too:

The summer signing from Brighton & Hove Albion has long made it clear he sees himself as a centre-back, to the point he openly rejected the Seagulls’ attempts to convert him into a full-back in his later academy days only to then end up being one on loan at Derby County.”

Long may it continue. 

Think he said he wants to play in midfield too, thinks he has the teckers for it.

6 hours ago, eardun said:

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think he said he wants to play in midfield too, thinks he has the teckers for it.

He said he has the attributes of a modern day FB , he wants to be a good footballer. He said he thinks he can play CB, but want to be seen as an all round footballer. 

You can hear it here....

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/haydon-roberts-qpr-press-conference-february-2024/

We saw the signs in pre-season, and he just looks like a very very good example of recruiting young talent. I know we like to berate the powers that be, but players like Knight, Roberts and Sykes have been really good additions. Hopefully Stokes and Bird can hit those levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

I know I have gone early on this. But what a half of football from him. Really good footballer.

Said elsewhere that I think he could be a transfer out in the making. Very very good player so hope I’m wrong but I don’t think his performances will be going unnoticed.