IGNORED

Everytime we win…

OliOTIB

There is still some yappers on here who dont have a clue/can only see the ‘Negatives’. We won 5-0 ffs, give it a rest.

Boys were phenomenal tonight, something that dosent happen a lot with Bristol City. 

Enjoy it.

CTID

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 2
  • Facepalm 3

7 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

There is still some yappers on here who dont have a clue/can only see the ‘Negatives’. We won 5-0 ffs, give it a rest.

Boys were phenomenal tonight, something that dosent happen a lot with Bristol City. 

Enjoy it.

CTID

Blackburn we’re shocking mind you 😂

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Join the other forums if you want to enjoy our successes. What odds on another 5-0 on Saturday? Huddersfield havent lost as often this season as Blackburn but early goals will destroy their confidence so who knows?

We won't win 5-0 on Saturday, we might win but it won't be that one sided. Huddersfield will 100% compete and conceded four on Tuesday chasing the game at the end whereas I don't know even know where to begin describing Blackburn's output last night. If you had transported a Premier League glory supporter to the Gate and said one team needed the points and the other had nowt to play for they would have made an obvious and wrong choice. If I was the Blackburn Keeper I would have went back to the dressing room and slapped all three centre halves who "played" last night because, notwithstanding the fact we pressed superbly at times, I haven't seen anything that bad at this level in years.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Enjoy it.

CTID

Let me explain how it works...

If we win, pro-Manning people will post 'I told you so'.

Anti-Manning people will post 'yeah, we won, but...'

If we lose, anti-Manning people will post 'I told you so, sack him'.

Pro-Manning people will post 'yeah we lost but...'

If we draw, we all grasp for positives and negatives and have a big argument. 

Then we basically just carry this one forever. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

28 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We won't win 5-0 on Saturday, we might win but it won't be that one sided. Huddersfield will 100% compete and conceded four on Tuesday chasing the game at the end whereas I don't know even know where to begin describing Blackburn's output last night. If you had transported a Premier League glory supporter to the Gate and said one team needed the points and the other had nowt to play for they would have made an obvious and wrong choice. If I was the Blackburn Keeper I would have went back to the dressing room and slapped all three centre halves who "played" last night because, notwithstanding the fact we pressed superbly at times, I haven't seen anything that bad at this level in years.

100% right. It is early goals that deflate struggling teams so hopefully Liam will again set up to press high, force mistakes and then take advantage. 

Problem is - win or lose - there’s always a small number of people keen to shout “I told you so” and provoke other posters into a response.

Last night was a great result. And I’m ignoring Blackburn “looking poor”. Plenty of teams look poor without anyone scoring five against them and often teams look poor because their opponents are forcing mistakes. So it was a great result and nothing should be taken away from that. And, over the last four games the manager has confounded my expectations.

I’m still conscious we have had false dawns or brief periods of form before and I can’t say Manning has absolutely laid my doubts to rest but a good performance and win Saturday will go a long wait to convincing me we can not just play well but do it consistently and I might just start to get excited about next season. Problem is I’ve got excited only to be disappointed so many times before that it is hard to tell if things will be different this time.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

Let me explain how it works...

If we win, pro-Manning people will post 'I told you so'.

Anti-Manning people will post 'yeah, we won, but...'

If we lose, anti-Manning people will post 'I told you so, sack him'.

Pro-Manning people will post 'yeah we lost but...'

If we draw, we all grasp for positives and negatives and have a big argument. 

Then we basically just carry this one forever. 

The best bit will be the off-season where there will be no results to base anything on but we’ll all carry on anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Enjoy it.

CTID

Will never please everyone sadly, Some people will always look for something to be negative about.

I've posted this before, but it does seem to accurately reflect the mood swings on OTIB since Manning's appointment and particularly over the last 3 months..

Fans on my generation will recognise it from Junior Choice, younger fans...... well, just accept that some of us are old and that the world didn't used to be in colour!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The best bit will be the off-season where there will be no results to base anything on but we’ll all carry on anyway!

Yes, but we can (and will) dissect and over analyse every word which comes out of his mouth in interviews just incase he says something we don’t like, something which suits our position (on either side!) or is just a bit boring!! 

As someone who has been watching City for over 60 years I now try to take all the complaining (or adulation) in my stride, albeit I don't always succeed. I remind myself that in dealing with Bristolians the normal factory setting is pessimism and constant moaning, so a win, particularly of such magnitude is so unexpected it is met with exhilaration that goes beyond mere joy. As I'm only half Bristolian (mother from Bristol, father from Melksham) and born and raised in the land of the Moonraker I will try to curb my enthusiasm and simply say Proper job last night... Next. 

The irony of the original post here is that I don’t think there were any posts giving “negatives” last night - save for the OP stating people didn’t have a clue.

The reaction was positive. There were a few people trying to wind things up unnecessarily - which is what the OP is. But even in the context of a win, it’s a bloody forum. And there are a few things that were fair points but not negative

- Did people say Blackburn were shit? Yes, and they were. But that was coupled with people acknowledging we’ve played well so isn’t negative

- Were people treating the result with caution? Yes they were. It was pointed out that we had beaten a poor side and had come off a superhuman Max performance at Sunderland and could have lost vs Leicester so people weren’t saying “we’re great now” - they were looking at the “EBI’s”

If every time we win people have to just go “yay” and not discuss the improvements that could be made/factors in the win, we’d just as well close the forum. Similarly, if every time we lose then people have to go “boo” we’d just as well close the forum.

But saying “Yappers who don’t have a clue” with no discussion, no context, is frankly, bollocks.

• Like 11
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Iron Acton Red said:

Blackburn we’re shocking mind you 😂

For a 5-0 you need both them to be poor (which they aren't always. Remember they scored 5 goals in one of their March games) and us to be on the top of our game.

Last night, things clicked into place. We played a logical formation and went front foot from the start in the way Manning's been talking about . Once we got the pen, Blackburn heads went down - as often happens - and we took our revenge for losing at their place. Revenge in style!

They were toothless, but there were moments at 2-0 when it looked like they might get a goal and give us a game. Fortunately Szmodics didn’t have his shooting boots on, so even when he was through on goal, he went mysteriously wide. It was as if everything that could go wrong for them, did.

Our subs were timely and transformed what had been a decent win into a rout. I liked that we continued to go for more goals even into the 96th minute. Mehmeti and Wells wanted to make a point to the manager which they certainly did. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Did people say Blackburn were shit? Yes, and they were. But that was coupled with people acknowledging we’ve played well so isn’t negative

- Were people treating the result with caution? Yes they were. It was pointed out that we had beaten a poor side and had come off a superhuman Max performance at Sunderland and could have lost vs Leicester so people weren’t saying “we’re great now” - they were looking at the “EBI’s”

And on the flip side, there is a similar lack of objectivity from the other side when we get beat. 

Edit: SD did say that already, note to self, read twice, post once!! 

Edited by Kibs

Just now, Kibs said:

And on the flip side, there is a similar lack of objectivity from the other side when we get beat. 

Not just objectivity, after a few defeats it was frequent ridiculing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe I said that in the rest of the post which you snipped off in your quote….

🤣 you did sneak that in there didn’t you!, that’ll teach me to read twice!! Apologies 🙂

• Haha 1

• Admin
9 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Enjoy it.

CTID

and many start pointless threads digging it all up again

I always try to look at positives, although that's not often been easy with a lot of the negativity on OTIB : I agree Blackburn were poor last night, but you don't win 5-0 unless you play well. We did, what we have wanted to do for ages - and that was actually play decent football at home against a poor side. The kind of games you normally dread if you are a city fan. We have proven we can do counter attacking against the bigger teams, and last night showed something different.

NP says on his website he left us on course for 64 points this season : 7 points from 4 games achieves that, so 2 home wins and an away draw. 64 points, btw would be our 3rd best points haul in the 9 seasons we have been in the champ.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I always try to look at positives, although that's not often been easy with a lot of the negativity on OTIB : I agree Blackburn were poor last night, but you don't win 5-0 unless you play well. We did, what we have wanted to do for ages - and that was actually play decent football at home against a poor side. The kind of games you normally dread if you are a city fan. We have proven we can do counter attacking against the bigger teams, and last night showed something different.

NP says on his website he left us on course for 64 points this season : 7 points from 4 games achieves that, so 2 home wins and an away draw. 64 points, btw would be our 3rd best points haul in the 9 seasons we have been in the champ.

So if we manage those 7 points, I think that would be 20 points from the final block of 10 games, which is good going. 

I hope we can!

But will we ever overcome the trauma of the Mebude loan?!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not anti-Manning. 

I want City to win every game, but something has just felt different lately around Ashton Gate (maybe for a few years), I don't feel excited to go and watch us anymore.

Not changed my mind on renewing my ST, I'm just content watching us from home on Robins TV and I'll go to more away games from next season where the support is more vocal.

Something about the club has been lost over the last few years. 

Still a great win last night, but I don't wish I was there to see it in person, seen it all before.

Edited by 2015
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I am not anti-Manning. 

I want City to win every game, but something has just felt different lately around Ashton Gate (maybe for a few years), I don't feel excited to go and watch us anymore.

Not changed my mind on renewing my ST, I'm just content watching us from home on Robins TV and I'll go to more away games from next season where the support is more vocal.

Something about the club has been lost over the last few years. 

Still a great win last night, but I don't wish I was there to see it in person, seen it all before.

I hope you get your Mojo back.

There are a great many who are not in either of these camps. They roll with it to a large extent, sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes frustrated and exasperated, but always hoping for the best, and at least a little entertainment. We all lose our composure a bit form time to time, but quite a lot on here and elsewhere are less extreme than those polarised at either end of the spectrum. In the end, both factions truly have our best interests at heart otherwise they are wasting large chunks of their existence here and at games. What I will note from somewhere here in the centre is that the critical elements are generally far more reasonable, erudite and analytical, backing up their arguments (and inviting critique) whether one might agree with them or not. On the other side, there is a lot of blind faith and entrenchment but rarely much detail as to why they hold their position. Loyalty over logic also plays a significant part. That is just my view, for what it is worth. I'd really love to hear detail from the pro Manning side (not really Manning, as such, it is the "in "x" (insert name of latest incumbent) we trust" mentality), what it is specifically that they have seen evolve, how it has evolved, how it might evolve and what might need improvement, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1