IGNORED

No more domestic broadcasts online as of next season

sephjnr

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It looks that way.  Can’t see RTV justifying the current price, but that’s not to say the price will reduce.

RTV/BCFC don't set the price for RTV. It's set by the EFL so we don't undercut iFollow. 

So yes the price should reduce, but it's not up to BCFC.

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

So if I’m not able to attend the live match because they’ve move the KO time or day, I then have to subscribe to SKY? Or will there be an option to watch that game on SKY via the club?

Presumably with a VPN, but it will still cost you extra I suppose. 

The EFL seems to have really shot itself in the foot with this deal considering we had another thread on here recently showing a huge upturn in attendances, they agreed to a deal that will make attendance difficult for those very fans.

Meanwhile Sky will manipulate their schedule so that the likes of Leeds and the recently relegated clubs are on every week, without mentioning the huge gaps on the previously full seating areas. 

I also think this move makes VAR inevitable as they will bleat on about every dodgy decision that their multiple cameras can pick out. 

So not only will we potentially watching the game at 17:30 on a Saturday night, we could still be watching it at nearly 8pm with all the additional time it takes. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Presumably with a VPN, but it will still cost you extra I suppose. 

The EFL seems to have really shot itself in the foot with this deal considering we had another thread on here recently showing a huge upturn in attendances, they agreed to a deal that will make attendance difficult for those very fans.

Meanwhile Sky will manipulate their schedule so that the likes of Leeds and the recently relegated clubs are on every week, without mentioning the huge gaps on the previously full seating areas. 

I also think this move makes VAR inevitable as they will bleat on about every dodgy decision that their multiple cameras can pick out. 

So not only will we potentially watching the game at 17:30 on a Saturday night, we could still be watching it at nearly 8pm with all the additional time it takes. 

Yes they’ve ****** up big time. I’ll just have to listen to the commentary on Radio Bristol. 
VAR will be the final nail in the coffin. 

• Like 1

Its all up in the air at the moment i dont think much will change apart from crazy kick off times stopping a lot of people being able to attend.

The chosen games for broadcast will be on the Sky+ channel, The others i believe will still be shown overseas on Robins TV

I'm sure some dastardly people will somehow manage to show all the games on a dodgy firestick like at present.

I dont think it will bother the clubs this season but if 24 games a season are going to be moved for broadcast Say 12 of those at home, Well people may rethink buying a ST next season

• Like 1

So the EFL says:

"EFL clubs will be able to continue international streaming services direct to fans overseas, where matches are not being broadcast exclusively, enabling those based abroad the chance to watch their team's matches throughout the whole season"

I read that as meaning games shown on Sky, or Sky+, will NOT be able to be streamed for overseas. Which means at least 24 games which would not be available. IF that is correct then the price of an annual pass has to come down by about 50% surely...

• Like 1

I'm surprised in a day in age where VOD is so prominent they don't offer Netflix style service where you pay £20 for example and get all games etc.. Then be able to watch the games back and have exclusive content on there etc. 

Can see this being something in the future and if they keep it reasonably priced it may help with people using Firesticks etc. 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

So if I’m not able to attend the live match because they’ve move the KO time or day, I then have to subscribe to SKY? Or will there be an option to watch that game on SKY via the club?

It will be just like now for a game on Sky

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

RTV/BCFC don't set the price for RTV. It's set by the EFL so we don't undercut iFollow. 

So yes the price should reduce, but it's not up to BCFC.

Yep, I know that. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

So the EFL says:

"EFL clubs will be able to continue international streaming services direct to fans overseas, where matches are not being broadcast exclusively, enabling those based abroad the chance to watch their team's matches throughout the whole season"

I read that as meaning games shown on Sky, or Sky+, will NOT be able to be streamed for overseas. Which means at least 24 games which would not be available. IF that is correct then the price of an annual pass has to come down by about 50% surely...

My take on it is International viewers will not be able to watch games chosen for international broadcast.

IMG_0483.thumb.jpeg.02cb4fc2650c443f0c7b537b1b99c8c1.jpeg

and I’m assuming that the 155 exclusive Champ games mentioned above are the same 155 that get chosen by Sky (5 out of 12 each weekend / 31 weekends).  They could of course be a different 155???

If you have an RTV overseas subscription (whether genuinely abroad or via vpn), I imagine you won’t be able to watch them (the 155) on RTV…they’re expecting you to watch via a Tv channel in the country you live in, assume for many that will be a paid-tv sub, equivalent to sky here.

So, my gut feel is there will be less games on RTV next season.  Potentially 18/31 will still be shown on Saturday at 3pm and viewable via RTV as will the other 15 dates.  13 won’t!

Maths might be a bit dodgy, but that’s my reading of it.

Anyone any other thoughts

20 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It gets a bit tricky working out whether to bother with an overseas robinsTV sub, given that

(a) I usually attend all home games subject to illness;

(b) I usually split a NowTV sky sports sub for (currently) (don't worry NTTDS I've cancelled for the summer)

Half £19.99+£6 boost => £13 pm

RobinsTV was, what, £180 this season? It might be worth going monthly with it, depending on what away games are featured on Sky.

I always subscribe monthly to the audio only (RB) commentary and always via paypal. That way I can cancel easier, especially during the summer and international breaks. So I presume this will still be on the OS with RB commentary.

On 08/05/2024 at 14:45, Barrs Court Red said:

I did think that, but season ticket sales were strong, so perhaps it won’t have the impact I feared. 

Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of supporters will be aware of the new television deal or the possible disruption to the season.

Obviously, we all consume a lot of information on here so are going to be more informed, but a fair few people I've spoken with had no idea changes were afoot.

• Like 1